• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question How to cut down a screen?

mzflorida

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This may seem like a basic question but what is the proper way to cut down a screen? I may or may not cut it down, just considering it. I am pretty particular and don't want to screw it up if I do decide to do it.

Here's how I did it on several screens (NC, FZ-1, ST 1300, FJR)

remove screen
cover front and back of screen in area you want to cut
scribe line on screen
cut using a hand held jig saw with plastic blade.
sand edge to finish using sanding block and various grades of sandpaper
remove tape

K5itmiTh.jpg

Note In this pic you can see the practice cut to make sure blade and speed were making clean cut
Followed by the actual cut

5IqVWU9h.jpg

1CQAFCeh.jpg

mQRD7m8h.jpg

IrcguESh.jpg

QvqbMbZh.jpg

bK5k7GFh.jpg

c9FF0qwh.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a Givi screen for my C400GT and it is huge. Though I am not thrilled with the way it looks, it does a fantastic job. The problem is that I look through the screen even being 602. I had a Calsci which was very good but bought the medium and should have gone with the large (sold it with very little loss). I am contemplating cutting down the Givi. I am unsure how the screen performance will be impacted and also it would become less desirable to potential purchasers.

Givi Full view.jpgGivi Side View.jpg

Good night that thing is huge. Do what makes YOU happy. You bought the bike for YOU t enjoy, not someone else. Don't worry about potential purchasers, it's not going to stop them from buying the bike if it's the bike they want.

Good night that thing is huge. Do what makes YOU happy. You bought the bike for YOU t enjoy, not someone else. Don't worry about potential purchasers, it's not going to stop them from buying the bike if it's the bike they want.
Absolutely! Could not agree more. What i meant is that if the cut down did not work out, the screen would be tougher to sell. It's not going to break me either way, just my thinking three steps ahead process I go through with things like this.

Back