• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Madstad Question

Yep. In large part due to the widespread presence of roadside wildlife in my area, I rarely ride at night anymore.
Though we have wildlife (bear, gators, panthers, bobcats, deer, boar, coyotes) we have those wildlife underpasses. Funnily enough, the animals learn and really do use the underpasses. I am more worried about the widespread presence of half drunk texting while they drive tourists. Monday is the day...tourist season officially over. I'm overgeneralizing about tourists, but not terribly so.

I actually understand drinking and driving more than I do texting and driving...I don't do either.

Though we have wildlife (bear, gators, panthers, bobcats, deer, boar, coyotes) we have those wildlife underpasses. Funnily enough, the animals learn and really do use the underpasses. I am more worried about the widespread presence of half drunk texting while they drive tourists. Monday is the day...tourist season officially over. I'm overgeneralizing about tourists, but not terribly so.

I actually understand drinking and driving more than I do texting and driving...I don't do either.
Mike
I don't think I'll be able to respond to your original question with any surity but I have a 2021 NC750xdc 22" Madstad light grey tint, I think version 1, which had winglets that came behind the turning signals. On that version it appears that the angle of the sides of the windshield does not cover the turn signals but as Dave said earlier there are a number of versions of the windshield, assuming of course, that you are riding a 2021 (and above) NC.
Hope that helps.
Norm

Attachments

• Madstad 2021v1.jpg
    Madstad 2021v1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
Mike
I don't think I'll be able to respond to your original question with any surity but I have a 2021 NC750xdc 22" Madstad light grey tint, I think version 1, which had winglets that came behind the turning signals. On that version it appears that the angle of the sides of the windshield does not cover the turn signals but as Dave said earlier there are a number of versions of the windshield, assuming of course, that you are riding a 2021 (and above) NC.
Hope that helps.
Norm
Hi Norm. I should have updated this thread. I did call Madstad. They confirmed that the plane equal to the height across the two turn signals is the lowest position of their Adjustable Windshield System for Honda NC700X & NC750X (2016 - 2020). Thank you very much for responding and this is good data for those who have the same generation NC as yours.

Wow. I hope the screen is as good as the customer service at Madstad. They are "deleting" the frosted lower section and to top it off they gave me a really healthy veteran's discount. Add that to the time they took with me on the phone, at a time when they are clearly growing, is pretty nice to experience...unfortunately unusual today.

The first pic is of the Puig screen I replaced. I think it looks nice on the bike but really it did not perform well for me.

The second pic is the Madstad screen, with deflectors, I installed today. I’m posting this one as I requested no frosting on the lower portion of the screen and I can't recall seeing another here on the forum like it. I have not tested it yet. I know others think the Madstad doesn’t look great on this bike but I have to say I really like the aesthetics. I think removing the frosting on the bottom third likely helps. I wanted it removed as I look through that lower portion of the screen when I park in certain places I visit. Anyhow, thanks for the help guys!

Oh yeah. The bark buster guards just make contact on lock. It is not unsafe…just barely touches.

Attachments

• IMG_0094.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0096.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Pretty much everything that could be said about this screen has been said someplace else. So short and sweet, if you are looking for a screen to make this bike more comfortable and quieter to ride, the Madstad is definitely the answer. I am not quite sure how I feel about the lower deflectors yet (not a negative at all...just evaluating); time will tell.

The first pic is of the Puig screen I replaced. I think it looks nice on the bike but really it did not perform well for me.

The second pic is the Madstad screen, with deflectors, I installed today. I’m posting this one as I requested no frosting on the lower portion of the screen and I can't recall seeing another here on the forum like it. I have not tested it yet. I know others think the Madstad doesn’t look great on this bike but I have to say I really like the aesthetics. I think removing the frosting on the bottom third likely helps. I wanted it removed as I look through that lower portion of the screen when I park in certain places I visit. Anyhow, thanks for the help guys!

Oh yeah. The bark buster guards just make contact on lock. It is not unsafe…just barely touches.
Can you add a side view picture? From the front it looks great, I think the issue is usually the side view and how far "away" from the cowling it sits.

Can you add a side view picture? From the front it looks great, I think the issue is usually the side view and how far "away" from the cowling it sits.
Sure. I'll do it soon. But I wanted to point out that after adjusting the screen to my liking the Bark buster handguards hit a bit more. I'll have to see if I can adjust the guards to avoid hitting the screen. When I do that I'll take the pics. To your point, yes it does have some distance between the cowling and the screen. However, aesthetically it looks fine to me and ergonomically it "feels" less cramped. Plus, I think that design is what contributes to the efficiency of the screen (I've seen references to this point, but I am certainly unqualified to say either this is fact or explain why). Geesh, it sounds like I am defending the installation of the screen...I'm not. I'm 100% a convert and it was right for me for sure. Actually, the screen has pretty amazing performance and was exactly what I was looking for. Could not be more pleased.

Sure. I'll do it soon. But I wanted to point out that after adjusting the screen to my liking the Bark buster handguards hit a bit more. I'll have to see if I can adjust the guards to avoid hitting the screen. When I do that I'll take the pics. To your point, yes it does have some distance between the cowling and the screen. However, aesthetically it looks fine to me and ergonomically it "feels" less cramped. Plus, I think that design is what contributes to the efficiency of the screen (I've seen references to this point, but I am certainly unqualified to say either this is fact or explain why). Geesh, it sounds like I am defending the installation of the screen...I'm not. I'm 100% a convert and it was right for me for sure. Actually, the screen has pretty amazing performance and was exactly what I was looking for. Could not be more pleased.
Maybe it would not be the ergos you want, but if you don’t have it already, some small handlebar risers/setbacks might remove the handguard/windshield interference.

Sounds great, it certainly seems to be the one that most end up with after trying others. I'm still plotting my move to the NC from the Vision and just gathering all the intel I can before I do and the air pocket along with eliminating buffeting are at the very top of my list of "must do" items.

Sounds great, it certainly seems to be the one that most end up with after trying others. I'm still plotting my move to the NC from the Vision and just gathering all the intel I can before I do and the air pocket along with eliminating buffeting are at the very top of my list of "must do" items.
Looks are subjective of course but I've often said the Madstads aren't "lookers" but I've never found a wind management system better not only on 2012-2020 NCs (never ridden a 2021+) but on other bikes I have owned.

Maybe it would not be the ergos you want, but if you don’t have it already, some small handlebar risers/setbacks might remove the handguard/windshield interference.
Interesting. I do have 2” rox risers on there now and I enjoy them. I’d be more inclined to change the guards. I’ll take a look at the big picture to figure out the solution. Thanks Greg!

Back