• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pilot Road 4's Announced

I got 4100 miles out of the PR3, have 4400 on the PR4 and it's got a couple more rides left in it...

I'm glad I'm not the only one getting lower mileage out of these. I got about 9500 miles out of a PR3 on my Nighthawk 750, and I currently have about 5700 miles on my PR3 on the NC. There is about 1-1.5 mm of tread left. I was hoping it would last longer, but I have been pretty aggressive with it. I still love the

I'm glad I'm not the only one getting lower mileage out of these. I got about 9500 miles out of a PR3 on my Nighthawk 750, and I currently have about 5700 miles on my PR3 on the NC. There is about 1-1.5 mm of tread left. I was hoping it would last longer, but I have been pretty aggressive with it. I still love the

The mileage was more for a comparison between the two tires... this is on my GS Adv. A bit heavier, more power and I ride them kinda hard at times :D
20120421_182833.jpg

Last edited:
I just replaced my rear tire a couple weeks back and went with the PR4 again. I had taken a photo to show the wear but must have deleted it. At 12,400 miles they still had life. I was at the wear bar but had not run them down so that I had a treadless patch in the center. I could have easily ran another 300-500 miles. I had thought about running the Conti's or T30 but these PR4's did a great job for me.

Adittionally, the main road I ride (Hwy 67) is under major construction. The road is so messed up right now I am surprised the tires made it that long. I know the current state of that road reduced the life of the tires so it my opinion they could have made it to around 14K. They may cost a little more but in comparision I only made it to 8K miles on the BT023s and ride the exact same roads.

Has anyone else went through a set of PR4's yet? What was your mileage? Also, it may be my imagination but I could swear something looks different about this PR4 and the one I purchased when they first hit the market. There probably isnt a different and I'm just making it up.

I got 8,000 miles on a rear PR4. I seem to get less miles on tires than most. My front PR3 lasted as long as a PR3 and PR4 rear combined. Couple thousand on the replacement PR4 front and rear.

Back in the dark ages, (70s and 80s), cruising speed had a LOT to do with tire mileage. Above 80 mph you could almost see some tires disappear. Does that matter anymore?

Has anyone else went through a set of PR4's yet? What was your mileage? Also, it may be my imagination but I could swear something looks different about this PR4 and the one I purchased when they first hit the market. There probably isnt a different and I'm just making it up.

Going to say I got the same mileage out of mine. Most likely I'll go with the same brand come spring. She's sitting in the garage in her storage spot with same skins on. I did take it out for a little 200 mi. jaunt over to Wi. to pick up some cheese for New Years. It was Dec. 14th. We reached a record 56 deg. that Sunday. Roads were thawed off enough but the fog was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Hated to get the road salt on her but none the less it felt great being on the saddle again.

Has anyone else went through a set of PR4's yet? What was your mileage?

Mine is very close to death at ~10,000 miles. I usually do better than most on tire mileage, but I got more out of the PR3 than this PR4. I'll have to check my records to get exact mileage...

trey

They are bad on wet grass and mud. I dropped mine twice going places I had no reason going. Now pavement in wet conditions is another story. I pushed the bike beyond my confort zone a few times and they never lost grip. I was going to buy a different tire when I wore threw the first set but they did so well I couldn't let myself switch. Cost wasn't a factor. I ride year round and was not willing to experiment with a different tire with winter knocking at the door.

I hope you are satisfied as me.

Last edited:
By the time I put on new tires, I don't think I could remember what my old tires felt like when they were new, even if it was just a year ago.

By the time I put on new tires, I don't think I could remember what my old tires felt like when they were new, even if it was just a year ago.

I think that's a common misconception that results in exaggerated positive reviews. They always feel like they want to "turn in" to the corner don't they?

I think that's a common misconception that results in exaggerated positive reviews. They always feel like they want to "turn in" to the corner don't they?

So here is my opinion.

I'm on my second set of PR4's. My bike came with the BT-023s. If there was one thing I don't like about the PR4's it is how quickly they want to "turn in". Almost like tipping over. It's like the curvature of the tire is such that when you initiate a turn you immediately pass a point and "BAM" it’s going. The BT-023s were not that way.

I feel I have to be more careful on seams in the road with these PR4s. Specifically the seams where the Hwy and off-ramp occur. We have seams between the off-ramp and Hwy that look to be 2" wide. The BT-023 went right over them without issue. The PR4s want to get caught in the rut. Of course I know you should not parallel them but the angle of the off-ramp doesn't allow many options in some cases. My point is, the PR4s react different. All tires will, but I think it has something to do with the bulb (roundness) of the front tire.

And again, it could very well be my imagination. I do agree with 670cc. There is no way I remember exactly how my tires were when they were new but I am 2,000miles into my third set and may is my two year anniversary with this bike.

My next set of tires will be the Conti Motions. I really like the PR4’s. I feel safe on them in wet conditions but want to explore another option next time.

Back