• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pilot Road 4's Announced

+3 ride them like you stole them then let us know what you think

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Just ordered my PR 4s. Put 9000ish miles on the BT-23s. I could ride them longer but have a long trip to Illinois coming up the end of March.

Samsung Galaxy S4

Just ordered my PR 4s. Put 9000ish miles on the BT-23s. I could ride them longer but have a long trip to Illinois coming up the end of March.

Samsung Galaxy S4

If the PR4s are as good or better than the PR3s, you will like them very much. Especially if you run into any rain. I can't wait for the tires on my wife's NCX to need replacing so I can put a set of 3s or 4s on it.

If the PR4s are as good or better than the PR3s, you will like them very much. Especially if you run into any rain. I can't wait for the tires on my wife's NCX to need replacing so I can put a set of 3s or 4s on it.

I'll be putting them to the test. I ride rain or shine.

I'll be getting mine in march or April,even though mine have a lot of life left,the stocks need to go.

Just got back from the dealership and have the new PR4s mounted. I rode about 60 miles after the install and obviously took it easy for about the first 20 or so.

Before I give my first impression I'm wondering if anyone out there has went from the BT-023's to the PR4s? This is why. I noticed a difference while taking corners. Even at a slow speed. The front tire seems to roll over immediately. I don't know if I'm using the proper terminology. When I initiate a turn I can feel the front of the bike tip almost instantly. It felt weird at first but I got used to it quick. It almost made the front end feel lighter or easier to handle. It could be tire pressure related and I'm going to check the pressures but I felt a noticeable difference when initiating turns.

The roads were dry today but a bit cold so I can't speak for how I feel about wet conditions. There are a good looking tire too.

20140301_111557.jpg

20140301_111609.jpg

Last edited:
The difference you are feeling might just be that the new tire isn't worn and still has a smooth, round section. Any front tire with flatter center section won't be all that keen on turning in, but because the transition from new to worn out is a gradual thing, it can be hard to notice the changes in turning dynamics. But then a new tire goes on, and it immediately feels different in the curves. But I don't really know how worn your old front was, so I'm just guessing.

If money was no object, I would buy new tires every 3000 miles. It's like getting a new bike. I think Buckshot nailed it. Just new tires, and new shape. I'm real interested in how they are after you've had them a while. I also think those are some good looking tires, unless this forum disappoints me, that will be my next tire.

The difference you are feeling might just be that the new tire isn't worn and still has a smooth, round section. Any front tire with flatter center section won't be all that keen on turning in, but because the transition from new to worn out is a gradual thing, it can be hard to notice the changes in turning dynamics. But then a new tire goes on, and it immediately feels different in the curves. But I don't really know how worn your old front was, so I'm just guessing.

You make a good point and that most likely could be it. My tires did not need changing. I still had not hit the wear bar but was close on the rear. Last week the dealer told me my rear was getting close but had not reached the wear bar. The front was in great condition. My first set of tires were free and I wanted the PR4s pretty bad so I made the change before it was needed. The front could have definitely stayed on for quite a while longer but I'm one of those people that change both tires at the same time regardless.

...When I initiate a turn I can feel the front of the bike tip almost instantly. It felt weird at first but I got used to it quick. It almost made the front end feel lighter or easier to handle...

When I had my my ST1300 (and just last year), I went from the OEM Bridgestone BT020 to the Michelin PR-2s. The place where I got my tires (Poway Motorcycle | Repair, Tires and Performance) told me I would feel a big difference in the way the PR-2s would turn. He described to me what you mentioned above -- easy to turn with less counter-steering input. The PR-2s supposedly are higher and harder in the center than the OEM tires. I got used to it too. I ran the same tire pressures.

When I had my my ST1300 (and just last year), I went from the OEM Bridgestone BT020 to the Michelin PR-2s. The place where I got my tires (Poway Motorcycle | Repair, Tires and Performance) told me I would feel a big difference in the way the PR-2s would turn. He described to me what you mentioned above -- easy to turn with less counter-steering input. The PR-2s supposedly are higher and harder in the center than the OEM tires. I got used to it too. I ran the same tire pressures.

I've had both PR2s and 3s on different bikes and frankly what Agia has said is what I think you are experiencing. It's just a differently engineered tire with the dual compounds and IMO makes the bike handle much more responsively.

On a side note. Poway Cycle is where I stored my bike for three months and had the oil changed when I made my cross country trip before heading back east and I have not found many guys as helpful, knowledgeable and friendly as Bill and Bud there. Great shop, great people. If you're looking for an honest independent shop to have work done on your bike in the SoCal area you can't do much better than them.

I appreciate the replies. I've been riding for quite a few years and have never notice a change like this. Not as drastic as I'm feeling. I do like the difference.

Samsung Galaxy S4

The 4 look sweet sarge,I stoped by the dealer I like today,I got a price for mine,will take a week to get the rear and will get them put on end of month,can't wait.

The 4 look sweet sarge,I stoped by the dealer I like today,I got a price for mine,will take a week to get the rear and will get them put on end of month,can't wait.

I didn't put a whole lot of miles on them yet but so far I am satisfied. I'm betting you'll be happy. I've got some running around to do tomorrow so I plan to get a better feel for them.

I just put a PR4 on the rear. I was at 10,000 on the BT and I think I had another thousand in it. The problem is I have to commute on the interstate and there is about 8 mile of construction going on that has the whole road all chewed up. It is Iike riding on a cheese grater. The center of the tire is flat. Yet the front still looks good.

It was easy to remove and replace the rear wheel but I had a local shop mount the new tire. Seemed worth the $25.00. I only ride 7,500 miles a year so I can't justify the cost of the tools for one tire a year.

Back