• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pilot Road 4's Announced

Just finished mounting the 4's and took them for a spin on dry tar. Responsive to the slightest maneuver ; looking forward to sharp cornering once there worn in. Like the 3's , Just looking at the tread pattern I think they'll do well in the wet. Very fine tire indeed. Paid 143.00 for the front and 178.00 for the rear from the local dealership.

I'll be in the market real soon for new rubber, the Dunlop trailmaxs that came on my 750 are already wearing fast, I've done 1800 miles and am about to do a 1000 mile round trip, that'll probably finish em off, CRAP!

Just finished mounting the 4's and took them for a spin on dry tar. Responsive to the slightest maneuver ; looking forward to sharp cornering once there worn in. Like the 3's , Just looking at the tread pattern I think they'll do well in the wet. Very fine tire indeed. Paid 143.00 for the front and 178.00 for the rear from the local dealership.

I felt the same way. The turn - in on the front tire is very noticeable. I've got close to 2,500 miles on them now and I like them a lot.

Samsung Galaxy S4

I'll be in the market real soon for new rubber, the Dunlop trailmaxs that came on my 750 are already wearing fast, I've done 1800 miles and am about to do a 1000 mile round trip, that'll probably finish em off, CRAP!

From about 2002 - 2010 I was gun-ho on the Dunlops primarily because I did like the way they gripped the road dry and especially wet. I would get about 10 - 12,000 mi. off the rear and a descent 22,000 off the front with keeping a "fairly" close eye on tire pressure. But the last set I put on in 2011 and this was on the BMW R1200C Montauk were...yeah...crap. About 8,000 mi. my rear was toast!

Getting ready to change my rear today to the PR4. I cannot find a dot to line up to the valve stem. There is a barcode printed on the bead, but I see no dot like I have on other MC tires. Those that have changed to the PR4s, have you had a dot to line up or not?

Michelin does not provide balance marks on MC tires. If the tire is within tolerance it's shipped for sale.

Thanks for the info. Got mine installed. Used the HF motorcycle tire changer with mixed results. Taking the old tire off worked OK, getting the new tire on was difficult. Ended up using just the tire irons to get the tire on. Will probably get the MOJO bar before attempting the front tire.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bought (from Revzilla) and mounted them (that was an experience) in January, balanced with Dyna Beads... They feel smooth as silk and extremely sure footed. I'm really liking them so far. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

It appears everyone has been very happy with their 4's. I haven't seen any postings after having them a while. After some miles do you still like them, and how many miles are you getting on them?

It appears everyone has been very happy with their 4's. I haven't seen any postings after having them a while. After some miles do you still like them, and how many miles are you getting on them?

I've got about 3K on these tires. Still holding up good. Starting to see a track in the center where a majority of the wear is taking place but I'd have to say it is less visible that what the BT-023 looked like at the same mileage. My BT-023's only lasted 8K so I'm almost halfway there. I'm pretty sure these are going to bypass that.

I've only had one instance where the front tire slid out from under the bike on wet payment. I planted my right foot down and the front tire grabbed the payment again. I was probably under 10mph and it probably all happened in the matter of a second. It was raining pretty hard and it was a freeway on-ramp that has a tendancy to collect loose gravel. I don't think it was so much the tire loosing traction on a wet road as it was the gravel that I could not see because of the wetness.

Overall I am pleased. They seem to be wearing slowly. They grip good in wet conditions. The one thing I'm curious about and it could be my imagination but I believe I feel the roughness of the road more than I did with the BT-023s. Bumps seem harsher but at the same time I hear less noise through the forks. I'm running the same air pressure as I did on the old tires. Again this could be my imagination but I'm curiuos if anyone else feels this way.

Still have a PR3 on front with 11000 miles and doing fine. PR4 on Rear doing great at 3000 miles, just wish they could figure out design to stop it going sideways when there is sand on the road in middle of turn ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still have a PR3 on front with 11000 miles and doing fine. PR4 on Rear doing great at 3000 miles, just wish they could figure out design to stop it going sideways when there is sand on the road in middle of turn ;)

I couldn't see it. To much rain. Give me a break. :p

PR4s are on the bike and ready to be picked up at the dealer now! Gotta take the wife to birthday dinner this evening, so I'll pick up the bike first thing in the am. Saturday looks like a great day to ride :D

Curious to see what you think about ride different and noise level. I know how well they grip. :rolleyes:

Back