• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pilot Road 4's Announced

I wonder exactly when in 2014 they will be out. If I can make my tires stretch that long I promise to test them out. Otherwise I'm buying the PR3's. I get my first set of replacement tires free and the dealer told me I could have any tire I choose. Since they will be free I try them out. I'm closing on 8K with the BT-023's. They still look pretty good. I'm guessing February I'll hit 10K. Probably want to change tires around then.

I am getting 12,000 on the BT-023's, two sets in a roll now. I can not see any thing out there that gives better mileage, handling and performance/price.

I have to say that the Conti Motion Tires are a better dollar value. They seem to be getting in the 10,000 mile range. The way I figure it that makes the motion tire a $45 better value per set.

Right now I am putting on a Conti TKC 80 front tire and a Kenda Big Block rear tire for a trip to Mexico. I will be riding some dirt roads on this trip. Nothing gives good mileage with this type off road tires, so I went for the best price/preformance combination. I believe the Conti TKC 80 gives the best performance for my current needs. However the price of the rear Conti TKC 80 is the reason for the Kenda Big Block I am now installing. Henry Ford on the Model A found out many years ago, that a narrow tire goes though mud and sand better than a big fat tire. That is why all dirt bikes have narrow 21" front tire and rice farmers use the narrow paddle tires on their ATV. Big fat tires grab asphalt better, except in the rain, then they plane in the rain.

Last edited:
I hope it doesn't look like the PR3, all those sipes look weird to me. I'm quite happy with the way the Pirelli Angel ST is holding up on the back of my S, but in the spring I might go for a new set of Angel GTs. The Z8 on my front wheel is looking pretty shot.

I have been a fan of the PR3s. They are a top tier tire. I need another set on my ST1300 but the 120/70-18 fronts are back ordered in the US and not available until possibly mid to late December. I ordered them a couple weeks ago and finally Michelin is setting a ship date to fill open POs. Problem is I am nearly at the wear bars so I told the dealer to change the order to Bridgestone BT023s that are in stock all over the place. With the 4's coming the PR3s may drop in price like PR2s did so when the 023s are done I'll be ready to try the PR4s.

I'm coming up on 14K with my first set of PR2's. Not down to the wear bars yet.
I'm going to stay with them until they are down, then go with Conti-Motions to compare.

I'm coming up on 14K with my first set of PR2's. Not down to the wear bars yet.
I'm going to stay with them until they are down, then go with Conti-Motions to compare.

Wow, that's impressive. I think the best I've ever done on any rear tire (never tried a PR2) was just over 12K miles, and very worn at that point.

So far I like the PR3's better in the wet than the stock Z-8's, and also seem to make a little less noise off the front tire on some pavement roads. Low milage on them(4000)km. so far so can not comment on tire life but seem to be wearing well.Will probably go with the PR4's next change.

The PR3's are brilliant tyres. I must admit that I value good leaned over grip a lot more highly than I do longevity. PR3's give me the former. Hopefully the PR4's will not sacrifice one for the other.

These will hopefully be my first set of replacement tires if the timing is right. I expected to be at 10K miles by February. Due to some really bad weather lately it may push that back. Hopefully the tires are available in March.

my PR3's have just over 15000miles but will need replacing soon

I've been waiting for a high mileage PR3 owner to report. I was hoping for at least 15,000 miles. As for the all those weird sipes. They have a purpose and from my experience they definitely don't compromise the handling, wet or dry. I'll take function over form any day.
By the time I need a new set, the reviews will be out on the PR4's and I'm betting they will be an improvement.

I've pretty much decided I'm going to test these out when I need mine replaced. Coming up on 8k miles and the BT-023's are still looking pretty good. It's good to know the PR4's are available now.

Revzilla is offering free shipping and no sales tax on pr4

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Back