• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC750x purchased yet?

They might be available to order just not in stock yet. I hope your dealer is right.
In my experience, when the Honda site says “item is available” then the accessory is in stock and ready to ship. I ordered a 12V socket for my Rebel 500 a little while ago and it showed up within a couple days.

Not sure how they pick and choose which accessories to put up there, though, as dealers seem to be able to order accessories Honda hasn’t made available on their consumer-facing parts site.

OK, I ordered the centerstand from Honda tonight.
Still Oxford heated grips, Barkbusters.
Yet to be seen the luggage rack for my Givi Monokey top box.
Good deal. Let me know what model Oxfords you go with. I'm curious if the ride by wire makes any difference. I wouldn't think it would.

Hi, I am new to this forum although I've owned a NC 750x for 3 years. I have recently purchased the 2021 model and can say it is a lot better than the previous model in every way, although the suspension doesn't feel quite as plush, I am feeling the bumps in the road more than my old bike but I'm glad I bought it and on the plus side, all the extras fom my old bike fits the new one, apart from the wind shield. Looks awesome in black btw.

Attachments

• IMG_20210519_192516.jpg
    IMG_20210519_192516.jpg
    9.3 MB · Views: 26
I notice that the Givi Luggage rack is new for the 2021. It is the 1192fz.
Not listed yet on the Givi USA website, but it is on the Givi UK website.
The Givi USA website lists only the 1146fz

So, it seems that the centerstand I ordered will work.
However the Givi Monokey top boxes we own still need a compatible Givi luggage rack for the 2021 NC 750X.

So, it seems that the centerstand I ordered will work.
However the Givi Monokey top boxes we own still need a compatible Givi luggage rack for the 2021 NC 750X.
I used the centre stand off my old bike and it fits, although it is more difficult getting it up on the stand because the new bike is 30mm lower and when I take it off the stand the bike comes down with quite a bump. I have a the Shad top box and fitting kit and this also fits the new bike.

Hi, I am new to this forum although I've owned a NC 750x for 3 years. I have recently purchased the 2021 model and can say it is a lot better than the previous model in every way, although the suspension doesn't feel quite as plush, I am feeling the bumps in the road more than my old bike but I'm glad I bought it and on the plus side, all the extras fom my old bike fits the new one, apart from the wind shield. Looks awesome in black btw.
Looks like a Mini VFR (Crosstourer on your side of the pond and a compliment! I own a VFR and love it).

I am really interested in the suspension. If you don't mind, can I ask for clarification on "feeling the bumps?" Are you talking about srare edge hits, normal road imperfections, or both? How about just tooling down a decent road? How does it feel then?

Iam 6' 02", 34-inch inseam, fluctuate between 220 and 230 pounds. Any ideas how my size might influence the suspension (in your opinion)?

Thank you.

Mike

Hey Mike, the bike performs really well on good sound roads and it is fantastic in twisty road conditions, very compliant. When the bike goes over imperfections ie. man hole covers, pot holes and heavily painted road markings, this is when the suspension is not as good as the previous model. I have a Airhawk seat cushion that, as well as give real comfort to the seat it also acts as a secondry suspension which helps absorb and iron out the pumps and imperfections. I don't think your weight and height will influence the bikes suspension in any way.

Bummer, just found out there is a delay on Honda shipping bikes. Dealer says 10 days on the NC. Some Hondas up to a month.

I call every Wednesday about expected arrival date of my wife's bike. - No new news today.
I will call again next Wednesday.
However our accessory purchase has begun, starting with the center stand from Honda

do you know if the ergonomics of the seating position the exact same as previous gen? did they do anything to the placement of the footrests or reach to the handlebar?

I call every Wednesday about expected arrival date of my wife's bike. - No new news today.
I will call again next Wednesday.
However our accessory purchase has begun, starting with the center stand from Honda
Yea my centerstand has been in for about 2 weeks. I just dont have a bike to attach it to lol

do you know if the ergonomics of the seating position the exact same as previous gen? did they do anything to the placement of the footrests or reach to the handlebar?
The seating position is better on the new model, the previous model had a slope towards the front which I didn't like. The bike has been lowered by 30mm so the handlebars feel slightly higher and the footpegs slightly higher than my old bike.
I do however have a Airhawk seat cushion and hanlebar risers which I had on my old bike. The suspension though feels harder even though I have set the rear spring on almost the softest position, the front forks feel a lot stiffer but I found that the Airhawk cushion acts as a damper as well as giving comfort for all day riding. I am happy that I upgraded because it feels a different bike and has a lot more power for acceleration and top end speed plus I am still averaging around 80 mpg.

Hey Mike, the bike performs really well on good sound roads and it is fantastic in twisty road conditions, very compliant. When the bike goes over imperfections ie. man hole covers, pot holes and heavily painted road markings, this is when the suspension is not as good as the previous model. I have a Airhawk seat cushion that, as well as give real comfort to the seat it also acts as a secondry suspension which helps absorb and iron out the pumps and imperfections. I don't think your weight and height will influence the bikes suspension in any way.
Thank you. That is helpful. Appreciate you taking the time to respond!

The seating position is better on the new model, the previous model had a slope towards the front which I didn't like. The bike has been lowered by 30mm so the handlebars feel slightly higher and the footpegs slightly higher than my old bike.
I do however have a Airhawk seat cushion and hanlebar risers which I had on my old bike. The suspension though feels harder even though I have set the rear spring on almost the softest position, the front forks feel a lot stiffer but I found that the Airhawk cushion acts as a damper as well as giving comfort for all day riding. I am happy that I upgraded because it feels a different bike and has a lot more power for acceleration and top end speed plus I am still averaging around 80 mpg.
Thanks for this too. Even though the NC700X was my return to riding bike, I would have preferred a bit more power. Happy to hear that it is performing to expectations.

I have another question. Did you buy the DCT model? If so, can you explain the rider selected mode function of the DCT please? I truly appreciate your contributions to the topic of the 2021 MY.

I have another question. Did you buy the DCT model? If so, can you explain the rider selected mode function of the DCT please? I truly appreciate your contributions to the topic of the 2021 MY.
Pages 78 and 79 in the 2021 owner’s manual (from Honda’s site) have some of the knowledge you seek:

8EEE0E93-62DA-4408-9744-4E41D2F36CF2.jpeg

^^^^^^ above.

Honda has brought the NC into the ride by the wire era like the newest Africa Twin and the Goldwing are. The previous choices of Drive or Sport (single or 3 level Sport) has been replaced by multiple levels of power delivery and traction control, like a 50ish hp bike needs them, however RBW does allow these features with very little additional coding or firmware so why not? Buyers want the features and Honda has obliged.

Back