• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Shoei helmets won’t fit in the frunk!

RichT

Reaction score
Visit site
New owner here, bike delivered yesterday and not ridden yet. Probably a silly question, has anyone managed to fit their Neotec 2 or gt air 2 helmet in the frunk? They almost fit but lid won’t close! 2021 model.
Cheers Richard

New owner here, bike delivered yesterday and not ridden yet. Probably a silly question, has anyone managed to fit their Neotec 2 or gt air 2 helmet in the frunk? They almost fit but lid won’t close! 2021 model.
Cheers Richard
My Neotec 2 won’t fit in my 2016

Cheers Richard
My gt air 2 fits (M 57 - 58cm)fits very well in my frunk! NC700 2013

RichT, what size “it” helmet are you trying to fit in the frunk? The shell size will make a difference.
Helmet is Large, if the frunk was a little deeper it would fit, have to get my jig-saw in there!

I have 2015 NC700 with the original body style (see profile pic) and I wear a medium Neotec II, and I am able to get it into the frunk. I even have small fabric bag (quite thin) I've folded up and leave in the bottom to protect the helmet. It's pretty tight so I doubt if an XL size helmet would fit.

Last edited:
I have 2015 NC700 and wear a medium Neotec II, and I am able to get it into the frunk. I even have small fabric bag (quite thin) I've folded up and leave in the bottom to protect the helmet. It's pretty tight so I doubt if an XL size helmet would fit.
It sounds like the frunk on the NC700 is bigger than the NC750.

It sounds like the frunk on the NC700 is bigger than the NC750.
The engine size does not directly relate to the body work and frunk size. Depending on where in the world market, the transition from 700 to 750 took place at different times, independent of the first to second body style change. There are 750s with the original body style, and there are 700s with the second body style. All NCs with the third body style (‘21 and +) , as far as I know, are all 750. In the USA market, the engine size change did not occur along with a body style change. I don’t recall the transition years in the UK market.

With each new version of new NCX bodywork (they’re now on the 3rd version), Honda has claimed an increase in the frunk volume. Whether the shape has changed in favor of a certain helmet or not, I don’t now, but the size was claimed to increase from USA’s 2012-15, to 2016-20, to the current 2021+.

Last edited:
I can't get either of my helmets (HJC i90 or Schuberth C4 Pro, both XL) in the frunk of my 2014 NC750S - the shells are just a touch too wide. So I either carry my helmet with me, or lock it to the bike. The frunk is still very useful as storage space for shopping or waterproofs, bike lock, gloves etc.

As for whether a certain helmet will fit, I think it may depend on how many shell sizes the manufacturer offers and at what point in the range a size steps up to a bigger shell. e.g. a "large" in one make may be a smaller shell than a "large" in another, where the shell size is shared with XL and XXL.

(Also my helmets are flip-lids which may also make a difference, haven't tried a full-face or open-face lid in there.)

I have never even considered using the frunk for helmet storage. I put my tire repair kit, a pair of rok straps, a ball cap, a bottle of water, a face shield cleaning cloth etc in there. Helmet either goes with me if I'm on a trip and staying in a motel, or gets locked to the bike with a helmet guardian if I'm going into a restaurant for an hour. I don't live or go to places where losing my helmet (or bike) is much of a concern though ie: I don't go to, or park in, "cities" or "shady areas". Heck, I have been known to hang my helmet on the guardian without locking it and throwing my riding jacket over the gas tank/frunk. So far so good lol.

I have never even considered using the frunk for helmet storage. I put my tire repair kit, a pair of rok straps, a ball cap, a bottle of water, a face shield cleaning cloth etc in there. Helmet either goes with me if I'm on a trip and staying in a motel, or gets locked to the bike with a helmet guardian if I'm going into a restaurant for an hour. I don't live or go to places where losing my helmet (or bike) is much of a concern though ie: I don't go to, or park in, "cities" or "shady areas". Heck, I have been known to hang my helmet on the guardian without locking it and throwing my riding jacket over the gas tank/frunk. So far so good lol.
Yes. I appreciate Honda designing the frunk for helmet storage, and it makes sense for metropolitan commuter duty. However, in 10.5 years of NC ownership, there has never been a helmet in my frunk. Residing in there is battery jump pack, air compressor, tire plugger kit, etc, and on trips there is hat, water bottle, maps, charging cell phone, food, etc. Helmet gets locked up elsewhere, but almost always I overnight at a campsite where helmet security is not an issue.

Cheers Richard
I did a Mega-Thread on the FB group. It will show you which helmets fit and which year of NC

I’m with you. I didn’t buy my Nc because I wanted to put my helmet in the trunk. It’s much more handy for carrying other stuff. I haven’t even tried to see if any of my helmets even fit. If I was going somewhere where I was concerned about my helmet being stolen, I’d take one of my old ones.

My Shark SWAL2 XL didn't quite fit in my old NC750X, I could get it in the frunk and nearly force close the lid. In my new NC with the larger frunk there's no chance. It may be larger in total volume but not where you need it to fit peaks.

My solution is to get a Nolan open face for when I want to go somewhere and leave the helmet.

Back