• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC750x purchased yet?

Checked in with my dealer here in NYC, and they said the bike is now scheduled to ship on June 29 (delayed from late May).

Assuming no more delays, it should be here in early July, although that’s certainly not guaranteed at this point.

And so, the waiting game continues.
Buddy, I feel for you guys in the waiting room. FWIW it was something like this in the winter and spring of 2011-2012 when Honda was bringing the NC700X to the US in the "Summer of 2012". There were rumors and delays but one day the dealer called and all the waiting was forgotten.

No it doesn't. But with a few changes I could see moving the battery as allowing an air filter change through the battery maintenance lid.

That would solve my third complaint about the NC, after no shaft or belt drive and no cruise control
The Cruise Control thing has me baffled...gotta be a price-point thing (a small bump in price for sure. But something 90% of us would happily pay for). Probably 2022. They gotta have something to upgrade next year...

The Cruise Control thing has me baffled...gotta be a price-point thing (a small bump in price for sure. But something 90% of us would happily pay for). Probably 2022. They gotta have something to upgrade next year...
My previous bike 2021 Rebel 1100 DCT had cruise control, one of the reasons I bought it, & it never worked. Brought it back to the dealer 3 times. They called Honda in California for technical support, & after 3 weeks they called them back to tell them another customer had the same problem, & they were waiting to hear back from Japan. The bike for me was also very uncomfortable to ride due to the angle of the foot pegs. Traded it for a 2020 NC750X DCT, & have been happy ever since. I put a Atlas Throttle Lock cruise control, which has worked fine.

No it doesn't. But with a few changes I could see moving the battery as allowing an air filter change through the battery maintenance lid.

That would solve my third complaint about the NC, after no shaft or belt drive and no cruise control
I’ve changed the air filter on an NC only twice in 9 years and it was no big deal. Cruise control, meh, I hardly ever use it on my Goldwing, and it’s the only bike I have with cruise. Now as for offering for shaft or belt drive on the NC, my question is do they accept cash, check, or charge?

My FJR had cruise that worked flawlessly and I used it frequently, but I don't absolutely need it.

The thing is, the 2021 NC 750X has ride by wire throttle so cruise is just a matter of programming and a handlebar switch. If you can have programmable modes, abs and programmable traction control, not including cruise is a glaring omission. That said the mission design of the NC as a commuter bike first, adventure bike second, and touring bike 3rd would make cruise (and shaft or belt) low on Hondas priority list, especially at the NC's price point.

My FJR had cruise that worked flawlessly and I used it frequently, but I don't absolutely need it.

That said the mission design of the NC as a commuter bike first, adventure bike second, and touring bike 3rd would make cruise (and shaft or belt) low on Hondas priority list, especially at the NC's price point.
Excuse me but the marketing materials say ADVENTURE Touring. I am calling Honda and reporting you as I type this out

Say goodbye to your beaked pavement pounder

Cruise and shaft drive might talk me into waiting until 2022...As it looks half the summer is gone now. I usually ride into October but not into snow and ice weather...different if I lived in AZ, FL or other "ride year around" locations...AZ is too hot and FL is too hot and humid...both too crowded. Thinking, thinking, thinking.

Kinda off topic at this point...
All of my R1200RT's, 2006 or newer have had fly by wire and cruise which I never had problems with. And true, a very small bit of programming once the hardware is in place. That's 15 years back! I do understand the "hold a little back" concept, however CC would have been cheap and easy to ad to the 2021's. I mean, why not turn a good little bike into a great little bike by adding features considered stock by several other brands. BTW, I have worked for a Euro bike brand for over 15 years. Delivery of new iron is the same all over. Promises of delivery are wildly optimistic in most cases. Usually a minimum of 3-5 months later than the first projections. Part of the hype machine.

Stopped up at my dealer today ordering yet another set of tires for my CB and enquired about the NC. He looked it up on the computer and said it's still supposed to be released today and hasn't been delayed. He said some of the other Hondas have been delayed from 4-6 weeks.

Guess I will know soon.

I doubt this has any significance, but the American Honda website oddly doesn’t list a price for the 2021 NC anymore (just says TBD) and there’s no longer a “Build” button on the product page. Hm.

DD43F67F-04A9-4563-A098-D2C0EEB440D0.png 03CFF910-165E-4F16-842D-AE84762129CD.png

I doubt this has any significance, but the American Honda website oddly doesn’t list a price for the 2021 NC anymore (just says TBD) and there’s no longer a “Build” button on the product page. Hm.

View attachment 45199 View attachment 45200
Yes, maybe it means nothing. I don’t view the mobile site, but I saw today the full web page still shows 2021 pricing.
F91CA205-0B41-4A62-AA4C-8ED2A40553AC.jpeg

oh yea the dealer sales mgr said Honda prices are going up $300-$500 in the coming weeks.
Yes, maybe it means nothing. I don’t view the mobile site, but I saw today the full web page still shows 2021 pricing.
View attachment 45202
That's $300 higher than prices I have seen published with the DCT listed at $8999 for the 2021

Whoa, what’s that about? Why the sudden price increase? Both manual and DCT models are $300 more than they were a few days ago.

Shipping alone could probably justify the increase. I shipped a car from Ca. to NC last July. $1200
Same deal now...over $1500. I'm shipping another car to NC in October and planning for close to $2K.

Sounds like lumber or gasoline pricing. Someone says we'll get hit with inflation so everyone one raises prices to make sure it happens

That's $300 higher than prices I have seen published with the DCT listed at $8999 for the 2021
Interesting. I did not have the 2021 prices memorized, thus didn’t notice the $300 increase.

Price increases in Canada for both models have not increased again from what was listed when they were first introduced in April.

Back