• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC750x purchased yet?

Almost all the manufacturers have gone to shim under bucket because they rarely go out of adjustment. The downside is, if they DO go out of adjustment, they are a pain to adjust. The screw and lock nut adjusters are certainly easier to adjust, but require more frequent adjustment.

Almost all the manufacturers have gone to shim under bucket because they rarely go out of adjustment. The downside is, if they DO go out of adjustment, they are a pain to adjust. The screw and lock nut adjusters are certainly easier to adjust, but require more frequent adjustment.
I only had a minor adjustment to do on my first major service interval and every time since has been measured in spec.

It also serves as a way to keep my radiator fluid fresh as I drain it every time when getting to the cylinder head.

I'm only at 52k miles though, so perhaps things will change. Until then, every MSI will include a prayer of thanks for Soichiro Honda

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

Shim under bucket have less mass so they rev higher with less inertia and more precisely control the valves at higher rpms. The cylinder heads can be more compact which aids packaging engines in tight spaces. As engines became more larger and powerful rocker arm screw & tappet valves got left behind. The NC's engine in some ways is very much a throwback to 60's Honda engines.

I only had a minor adjustment to do on my first major service interval and every time since has been measured in spec.

It also serves as a way to keep my radiator fluid fresh as I drain it every time when getting to the cylinder head.

I'm only at 52k miles though, so perhaps things will change. Until then, every MSI will include a prayer of thanks for Soichiro Honda

View attachment 44935

it appears he is giving 2 thumbs up lol

You know you can get copies of that hat. I am thinking about getting one

Last edited:
Also, for anyone interested, it looks like the 2021 service manual will be available from Helm in the near future. It’s out of stock for now, but you can sign up to be notified when it’s available.

I have never been without a tank bag since the mid 70's and my Eclispe tank bags. Guess I could get used to NOT having one, but golly what a loss it would be for me. I use map cases a lot lol.

1977 ..... (yea I know ATGATT ha ha)

EjIIHVX.jpg
I still have and use a big blue Eclipse tank bag!! Looks exactly like that one!

The first rumors of delivery I heard were "spring". Then I was told "Probably late April, early May". Then all the dealer's clammed up. I guess early June ain't bad. Good luck to all who have been waiting. It'll be worth it. Let's see who will be the first to post pics and vids...

The first rumors of delivery I heard were "spring". Then I was told "Probably late April, early May". Then all the dealer's clammed up. I guess early June ain't bad. Good luck to all who have been waiting. It'll be worth it. Let's see who will be the first to post pics and vids...
Maybe it's stuck at the port. I just drove past Seattle's recently. I've never seen it so full. Containers stacked almost as high as skyscrapers.

Our dealer says mid-June for my wife's bike.
Perfect timing for her recovery from her last blast of Chemotherapy to chase her Leukemia away once and for all. As she regains her strength after Chemo, I will add the accessories she wants.
After mid-July, she and I will be touring Western Washington, at least to our beach hideaway on the coast with that muddy road I keep talking about.

My wife will be trading in her Burgman 400 for her NC750X in a few weeks.
Then we ride to various beaches in Washington and Oregon with inflatable boogie boards, as we did last summer.
We will post pictures of her new red bike when we we can.
(The inflatable boogie boards are stowed in my yellow bag.)
board motorcycle V-Strom and Burgman.jpg

As I was in my favorite dealer today picking up an ordered part I asked the parts manager if 2021 NC750X accessories were coming in stock or showing release times yet. He's good and knows his job and he looked and found the latest bulletin. He said "what accessory?" I figure a center stand will be unique to this model and said that. He said that accessory and others might still be 5 or 6 months away. I hope he is wrong for those getting bikes in the next weeks to a month or so.

As I was in my favorite dealer today picking up an ordered part I asked the parts manager if 2021 NC750X accessories were coming in stock or showing release times yet. He's good and knows his job and he looked and found the latest bulletin. He said "what accessory?" I figure a center stand will be unique to this model and said that. He said that accessory and others might still be 5 or 6 months away. I hope he is wrong for those getting bikes in the next weeks to a month or so.
The first thing to install on my wife's bike will be heated grips. Oxford would do just fine. After that Barkbusters. Eventually the center stand, even if from a NC750S. However we could wait for the 2021 specific one if needed. Givi would likely have a rear luggage rack to work with her Monokey top box. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't expect a change to the Givi rack for 2021.

Last edited:
The first thing to install on my wife's bike will be heated grips. Oxford would do just fine. After that Barkbusters. Eventually the center stand, even if from a NC750S. However we could wait for the 2021 specific one if needed. Givi would likely have a rear luggage rack to work with her Monokey top box. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't expect a change to the Givi rack for 2021.
It would seem that from a manufacturing standpoint the less changes the better...but then I'm just a consumer.

My 2021 centerstand is already in at the shop waiting for the bike to get here. I'll probably go with the Oxford heated grips too, and a fender extender. Not sure what I'm going to do about a tank bag or luggage rack

The 2021 luggage rack number is new as are the pannier mounts, so there may be some changes to the back end of the 2021. Going to have to wait and see what the aftermarket mfgs have to say.

Like I said above, my 2021 centerstand came in last week.

Hm, my dealer hasn’t mentioned any extensive delays like that and some of the accessories are available to order straight from Honda’s site right now (including the new center stand):

Back