• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC750x purchased yet?

Talked to my salesman this morning and he called the "sales manager" who has no firm date but thinks within the next 2 weeks...what I expected to hear. Standing by...what else can I do...When the call comes I'll take a check and helmet and ride it home!!

Good luck to everyone waiting!!

Talked to my salesman this morning and he called the "sales manager" who has no firm date but thinks within the next 2 weeks...what I expected to hear. Standing by...what else can I do...When the call comes I'll take a check and helmet and ride it home!!

Similar to what I heard when I called yesterday.
I promised to my wife that if I pick up her new NC750X while she is in the hospital for her final Chemo treatment that I will not put more than a few hundred miles on her new bike before she swings her leg over it to take command.
I may have a few days to mount her Barkbusters, center stand, and Oxford heated grips before her first ride.

For all who are waiting...
I sincerely hope the '21's get here soon. Fully intended on purchasing a '21, but knowing how I react to having the carpet yanked from under me, I opted to just buy a NOS '18. Not sorry I did, if only for the fact I was bikeless and needed something to ride Right Now. Such was my personal situation. I also did not want to risk missing out on a month or three of good weather based on Honda's somewhat nebulous delivery calendar. Looking forward to real world reviews. Again, good luck.

For all who are waiting...
I sincerely hope the '21's get here soon. Fully intended on purchasing a '21, but knowing how I react to having the carpet yanked from under me, I opted to just buy a NOS '18. Not sorry I did, if only for the fact I was bikeless and needed something to ride Right Now. Such was my personal situation. I also did not want to risk missing out on a month or three of good weather based on Honda's somewhat nebulous delivery calendar. Looking forward to real world reviews. Again, good luck.
Congratulations. How did you do on the price if you don't mind me asking?

Congratulations. How did you do on the price if you don't mind me asking?
.9 miles, warrantee, $7800 OTD (About $6900 before all the dealer BS and tax). I had a $10K budget, right at my limit with all the mods...and there were a bunch of those!

I checked again today with my dealer that was expecting ship date of 5/27. He said he thinks in about 2 weeks.

I checked again today with my dealer that was expecting ship date of 5/27. He said he thinks in about 2 weeks.
Glad to hear that. After seeing the video review by "Mr. Fish," who is about my size, I am going to wait and test ride it. He said the ergos were odd at first, but they grew on him the more he rode.

.9 miles, warrantee, $7800 OTD (About $6900 before all the dealer BS and tax). I had a $10K budget, right at my limit with all the mods...and there were a bunch of those!
That is actually a very good price in my opinion. Was it the one at Ride Now in Vegas? Thanks for sharing the price.

That is actually a very good price in my opinion. Was it the one at Ride Now in Vegas? Thanks for sharing the price.
Nope. Washington state, JSO Seattle. Nice folks, clearly wanted to be rid of a 3 year old bike. It was done almost entirely over the phone. And I take that back... I paid tax once back in my state (Id. 6%). Kinda a seller's market when there are no new products arriving. I didn't quibble over that price.

The seating position is better on the new model, the previous model had a slope towards the front which I didn't like. The bike has been lowered by 30mm so the handlebars feel slightly higher and the footpegs slightly higher than my old bike.
I do however have a Airhawk seat cushion and hanlebar risers which I had on my old bike. The suspension though feels harder even though I have set the rear spring on almost the softest position, the front forks feel a lot stiffer but I found that the Airhawk cushion acts as a damper as well as giving comfort for all day riding. I am happy that I upgraded because it feels a different bike and has a lot more power for acceleration and top end speed plus I am still averaging around 80 mpg.
@Paul1dog Unrelated, but…

I know Honda moved the battery to the opposite side of the frunk for the ‘21 models (the side closest to the seat). Looking at the parts diagram, though, I see there’s still a “maintenance lid” where the battery used to be (the side closest to the handlebars). Would you happen to know what’s behind that lid?

99843293-C0B7-4F65-A6A6-499453DA7F40.jpeg

@Paul1dog Unrelated, but…

I know Honda moved the battery to the opposite side of the frunk for the ‘21 models (the side closest to the seat). Looking at the parts diagram, though, I see there’s still a “maintenance lid” where the battery used to be (the side closest to the handlebars). Would you happen to know what’s behind that lid?

View attachment 45113
Wild guess here, but maybe they made the air filter change much simpler by moving the battery.

Imagine not having to remove more than six easily breakable pieces to accomplish common maintenance items. Honda please

Nope. Washington state, JSO Seattle. Nice folks, clearly wanted to be rid of a 3 year old bike. It was done almost entirely over the phone. And I take that back... I paid tax once back in my state (Id. 6%). Kinda a seller's market when there are no new products arriving. I didn't quibble over that price.
Let's hear it for Washington State!
There are a few of us here.
And Florida,
And NY,
And UK.
And......
And a whole bunch of other great places.

Owner of the shop called me this afternoon on a personal matter and while I had him on the phone asked him about my NC. He said so far it's still scheduled to be released on the 10th. Then it will be about 10 days before he gets it.

Fingers crossed

Owner of the shop called me this afternoon on a personal matter and while I had him on the phone asked him about my NC. He said so far it's still scheduled to be released on the 10th. Then it will be about 10 days before he gets it.

Fingers crossed
Crossing my fingers for you, too. Our dealer says June 29, give or take a week.
Center stand is ready.
During the wait I am sweeping the garage and making a really pretty parking place.

Wild guess here, but maybe they made the air filter change much simpler by moving the battery.

Imagine not having to remove more than six easily breakable pieces to accomplish common maintenance items. Honda please
I’m not familiar with their bodywork, so does the battery interfere with an air filter change on 2016-2020 models? On 2012-2015 NC700X models, the battery does not interfere with air box cover removal.

Fingers crossed
The late May ship date bikes are still delayed from shipping. I wouldn't have a strong feeling the June and early July ship dates are rigid.

The delays could be in relation to covid; per the news:
Japan extended on Friday a state of emergency in Tokyo and three other areas until the end of May to stem a surge in coronavirus cases, Under the extended state of emergency, bars, restaurants, karaoke parlours and other places serving alcohol will remain closed, although large commercial facilities can re-open under shorter hours. Hard-hit Tokyo and Osaka will continue to keep these larger facilities closed.

Checked in with my dealer here in NYC, and they said the bike is now scheduled to ship on June 29 (delayed from late May).

Assuming no more delays, it should be here in early July, although that’s certainly not guaranteed at this point.

And so, the waiting game continues.

I’m not familiar with their bodywork, so does the battery interfere with an air filter change on 2016-2020 models? On 2012-2015 NC700X models, the battery does not interfere with air box cover removal.
No it doesn't. But with a few changes I could see moving the battery as allowing an air filter change through the battery maintenance lid.

That would solve my third complaint about the NC, after no shaft or belt drive and no cruise control

Back