• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question 2021 key code

shfiftyfive

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there,

I recently bought a 2021 nc750x (non-dct) in Canada. It came with one key and a local locksmith says he needs the key code from Honda to make a 2nd key. I took out the frunk key cylinder and it doesn’t have any code on it.

Anyone ever find the code hidden away somewhere? There’s a local dealer I can reach out to just wondering if there’s an easy option.

Thanks in advance.

It should be on a little metal tag on the spare key. The number may have been written in the owners manual if the prev owner was aware

Mr Lock in my area will cut a key if you have the stock Honda blank

Unfortunately, the previous owner said he lost the little tag ages ago. I do have a brass’ish red blank Honda key though. It’s nowhere in the manual either :(

From what others have shared with you it would seem that there is a variety of ways key codes would be shared. I don't know how much I can help you by sharing another example. I purchased my 2021 dct in the US - in the attachment you can see the dealer's tag (yellow) and a white tag - which has a bar code and numeric key code on the reverse side. As you noted I would hope that if you can contact the original dealership they might be able to identify the key code via VIN#, or as the Ferret suggested, find an individual who can cut a key from your original.

Attachments

• 2021 Dealer's Tag and Key.jpg
    2021 Dealer's Tag and Key.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 4
Back