• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC750x purchased yet?

From one vet to another, thanks! And every person ever does the woe is me thing (e.g. woe is me; my feelings are so hurt - or - my phone broke - or - just plain old whining about stupid crap) should read this. I heard a singer on a variety show recently. Terrible set of circumstances she was going through and is certainly going to pass soon. She had a beautiful voice, at least i thought so. She was very profound when she said, "You can't wait for life not to be hard anymore before you decide to be happy." Your history reminds me a bit of hers. Glad you can do what you seem to love.
Thanks MZ!! One day at a time and make it the best one of your life. Never let the things you can't do keep you from doing what you can!!
I rode 72 miles this morning early before it got hot. Had a Greek pizza for dinner and big glass of iced tea...so far it's a great day.

I did not know that the blue version is not sold in the US. Why is Honda not selling the blue version in the US?:confused:
Yeah, we only get red for 2021 and this is the first year Honda is offering ABS on the manual version. Unfortunately, the US always gets less colors / options / bikes as the motorcycle culture is much different over here.

I did not know that the blue version is not sold in the US. Why is Honda not selling the blue version in the US?:confused:
Lately, vehicles of all types lack color in the USA. The buying public is stuck on black, white, and shades if grey, along with a small minority interest in red, so that is what manufacturers offer. Honda seems to be a play-it-safe company when it comes to colors in the US. Even their automotive product line is lacking in color.

There was a blue NC750X offered in the US, but for only one model year (I think it was 2019).

Since I like color, I figure on needing to repaint some parts or all parts of the new motorcycles I buy.

Lately, vehicles of all types lack color in the USA. The buying public is stuck on black, white, and shades if grey, along with a small minority interest in red, so that is what manufacturers offer. Honda seems to be a play-it-safe company when it comes to colors in the US. Even their automotive product line is lacking in color.

There was a blue NC750X offered in the US, but for only one model year (I think it was 2019).

Since I like color, I figure on needing to repaint some parts or all parts of the new motorcycles I buy.
Blue is a nice color. I had blue 74 CB 750 and my then wife had a red CB 400...wish I had both of those bikes without the wife.

yes it was 2019. Here is my 2021 and my buddy's 2019 blue

55ZJ08Th.jpg

Yeah, we only get red for 2021 and this is the first year Honda is offering ABS on the manual version. Unfortunately, the US always gets less colors / options / bikes as the motorcycle culture is much different over here.

*Laughs in Canadian from atop my 2012 Manual ABS S-model* ;)
(Sorry, eh)

Have been keeping an eye on the 2021 service manual from Helm, but it’s been listed as out of stock for several weeks.

Emailed Helm to see when it might available and was told they have no idea. Bummer.

Anyone know how long it typically takes for Honda to release their service manuals?

Hi guys! It has been a long time since I last posted as I had sold my 2012 NC700 manual some years ago. I talked myself into “upgrading” to a Kawasaki Versys 1000 in 2017, but never really bonded with that bike. I didn’t need all that power and I struggled with how tall and top heavy it is given my 30” inseam. So here I am back on a 2021 dct!

I ordered one (when I could finally find a local Portland, OR dealer that was willing to take my money) around three months ago. With deliveries starting to take place the last week, I inquired about the order status and was told they had no idea, bikes from Honda just show up. It may show up tomorrow or 3 months from now. Not very reassuring.

I had recently watched a YouTube video from a guy down in Southern California that said he bought one by just doing a search on CycleTrader. He managed to find one for sale on a lot! Huh? So I did that too and damn if one didn’t just pop up at a dealer located in a small town an hour east of Portland in The Dalles. It had just arrived and was the dct version I wanted. I couldn’t call them fast enough to verify the bike and secure the sale. (My deposit with the dealer in Portland is being refunded.) The dealer in The Dalles had ordered the NC back in December only because they knew that new bikes from Honda were going to be hard to get (they normally wouldn’t stock an NC).

So I am a happy camper today. The bike looks even better in person and fits great. Will post some more thoughts as I have time to ride it and put on more than the 3 miles it has on the odometer.

Hi guys! It has been a long time since I last posted as I had sold my 2012 NC700 manual some years ago. I talked myself into “upgrading” to a Kawasaki Versys 1000 in 2017, but never really bonded with that bike. I didn’t need all that power and I struggled with how tall and top heavy it is given my 30” inseam. So here I am back on a 2021 dct!

I ordered one (when I could finally find a local Portland, OR dealer that was willing to take my money) around three months ago. With deliveries starting to take place the last week, I inquired about the order status and was told they had no idea, bikes from Honda just show up. It may show up tomorrow or 3 months from now. Not very reassuring.

I had recently watched a YouTube video from a guy down in Southern California that said he bought one by just doing a search on CycleTrader. He managed to find one for sale on a lot! Huh? So I did that too and damn if one didn’t just pop up at a dealer located in a small town an hour east of Portland in The Dalles. It had just arrived and was the dct version I wanted. I couldn’t call them fast enough to verify the bike and secure the sale. (My deposit with the dealer in Portland is being refunded.) The dealer in The Dalles had ordered the NC back in December only because they knew that new bikes from Honda were going to be hard to get (they normally wouldn’t stock an NC).

So I am a happy camper today. The bike looks even better in person and fits great. Will post some more thoughts as I have time to ride it and put on more than the 3 miles it has on the odometer.
Welcome back. I remember you from the earlier days of the forum. You’re not the first person that has strayed from the NC, then returned when you perhaps realized your mistake. Thanks for sharing your story, and enjoy your new NC!

Welcome back. I remember you from the earlier days of the forum. You’re not the first person that has strayed from the NC, then returned when you perhaps realized your mistake. Thanks for sharing your story, and enjoy your new NC!
I am a soon-to-be reformed ex-NC owner too. I was active on this forum during the period I owned my 2012 DCT (2014-2015). I traded it for a new 2016 CB500X, then a Triumph Street Twin, then a Triumph Tiger 800, now a Yamaha MT-07. I'm looking forward to owning a lower, lighter DCT bike again!

I wonder how many riders buy a second one of a certain model after owning other bikes in the interim or if the NC700/750 sort of stands out in this way. For myself I have been drawn back to the solid practicality and fun of the NC several times. Welcome back Thomasec and dmorris29.

I'm new to the forum and also a new owner of a 2021 NC750X DCT. I've only been able to put 50 miles on it in 1 day but I am all smiles. I had a Yamaha V-Max for my last bike which I sold 3 years ago and could not ignore this beautiful weather we've been having in the northeast. I was very determined to find a 2021 because of the remodel. I called every Honda dealer until I found a dealer approx 90 mi away. I was told they had one coming in in 2 weeks. I put a deposit down over the phone, and I picked it up right on time. As I said I am liking this bike. A big plus is the way this bike turns into a corner. Very willing and confidence building. All I can say is call dealers till you can find one and good luck.

I'm new to the forum and also a new owner of a 2021 NC750X DCT. I've only been able to put 50 miles on it in 1 day but I am all smiles. I had a Yamaha V-Max for my last bike which I sold 3 years ago and could not ignore this beautiful weather we've been having in the northeast. I was very determined to find a 2021 because of the remodel. I called every Honda dealer until I found a dealer approx 90 mi away. I was told they had one coming in in 2 weeks. I put a deposit down over the phone, and I picked it up right on time. As I said I am liking this bike. A big plus is the way this bike turns into a corner. Very willing and confidence building. All I can say is call dealers till you can find one and good luck.
Forgot to mention I found this one in Maryland also, I live in Pennsylvania.

Agree...full face and flip up don't fit. Open face and Harley skid lid fit fine and I can fit a comb too. It appears to be a large hole but helmet shaped things don't fit well. Hope things are good in Barcelona!! I've only been to Madrid area many years ago... The coast is beautiful!!
Thanks for your reply. Things are doing well here in Spain. Tomorrow is official and people don't have to wear masks in the public outside. So let's see how that works.

well picked up my new NC. Had 1 mile on the odo.

PH7Epkdh.jpg

Took it out for a 46 mile spin

SKcSpA6h.jpg

Only tried to reach for the clutch lever once, and moved my toe over to shift once. Couldn't find a place to rest the 2 fingers on my left hand that usually rest on the clutch lever until I need them lol.
Some times I could feel the trans shift and sometimes I couldn't. I'd look down and be in 5th and the next time I looked down I was in 6th and hadn't felt it shift. It's really pretty smooth. In D it does shift quickly to get to 6th. Riding at 50-60 in 6th was pleasurable. Suspension felt really taut, need to figure how to soften that a little.

You guys are right about the windshield. Pretty poor. If anyone has one of their old ones they don't want, I'd love to have one to cut down to a proper shorty and get the windblast out of the eye port on my helmet.

It has got to have the most confusing set of electronics on any set of gauges ever. And the manual is equally poor at explaining things. I can't figure out hardly anything... like how to set the clock. (Lowrider can you tell me how to do it?)

Also there is a little rectangular box in the upper rh corner that changes to a different color with every gear change. It's driving me crazy. Flashing rainbow lol. I hope there is a way to turn that off. I tried Youtubing how to adjust stuff but apparently the 2021 is different than previous gens and doesn't have the select and set buttons on the sides of the gauges. Everything is done thru mode and select up and down buttons on the left handlebar switch.. I did manage to reset my trip A, but that's it so far. Good night who needs all this gimmickry? lol. All I really need are the clock, trip A (for logging daily miles) and trip B (for keeping track how many miles since last fill up). Really makes me appreciate the simple 2 round gauges on my CB 1100.

EUNVQhgh.jpg

Also lowrider was correct and the turn signals are not self cancelling. I tried that feature several times and had to push to cancel. Bummer.

I was also under the impression that there were 2 or 3 sport modes that progressively held the rpms longer. There is only one sport mode...One standard, one sport, one rain and one user in which you can set engine power, engine braking and traction control but I haven't figured out how to set any of those yet. Still riding around in standard getting to know the bike. Haven't tried the paddles yet either.

I did find out when you try and shift out of neutral into drive with the side stand down it won't lol ... doh!

Going to take some getting used to.

Heading out for a ride with my brother on his Bonneville and my friend with the 2019 NC manual shift tomorrow.
congrats man. i got mine one week now and i am still into checking things out :)

Back