• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC750x purchased yet?

so lowrider.. are you trying the bike in all the different options like D, S1 S2 S3 and manual? How about some observations.

Also did you try them and does it in fact have self cancelling turn signals?

Last edited:
so lowrider.. are you trying the bike in all the different options like D, S1 S2 S3 and manual? How about some observations.
Not yet really, I'm still in the 300 mile break-in period. I have shifted but not pushing redline so I'm not getting the real feel yet...it'll come soon enough. I'm still trying to figure out how to set the clock.

I got my first fill-up and I had one square on the gas gauge and it took 2.7 gallons...the MPG readout is running around 68.somthin...but have no idea how accurate that might be and it's way too early to guess at real MPG figures. I'm pretty sure it won't be that high if I ride it like I do the Bandit but then I bet it won't pull the front wheel off the ground in 2nd gear.

Engine is very smooth and up shifting in D is smooth as well and engine braking is fine and the shifting is a little more abrupt in D from various speeds down to a stop. I played some in a mostly empty parking lot and I need to learn some new technique for tight turns...no clutch the throttle is pretty sensitive at low speed. It is either trying to accelerate or going into braking without much warning. I was riding figure "S" and the low center of gravity of this bike makes it feel very solid in turns...it's just not like being able to feather the throttle and clutch on most other bikes. Practice and time should improve control.

AGAIN...do not "blip" the throttle while waiting for traffic...bike moves forward into traffic...not a comforting feeling so I need to relearn habits I use on other bikes...bad habit from wanting to hear the Harley at stop signs and traffic lights...don't do it on this bike!!

I'm finding there is very little space to mount phone/GPS or whatever and there is little solid plastic to mount stuff on. I've been using a 3" square box with USB and cig lighter recepticles on other bikes for power around the handle bars...not on this bike though. I'm thinking of cutting off or trimming back the "sun visor" over the instrument screen and build a "shelf" on top to allow mounting GPS and power outlets. I really don't want a lot of power cords flopping around. Not sure yet but I'm considering a GMRS radio too. Frunk is nice and large and will hold a lot of stuff...except if you want to put your helmet in there...not so much...that's what Givi boxes are for.

More thoughts as they drizzle out of my brain.

For slow speed fine clutch control you will get the feel of dragging rear brake against throttle to mimic working the clutch in the friction zone. With the bike stopped in first gear and the brake pedal depressed, set a fast idle and hold it steady - not much power - about 1500-1800 rpm should do it. On the NC700 the clutch starts to engage around 1100-1200 RPM. By 1400 it is fully engaged. I think the 2021 should be similar. Holding that steady fast idle, ease off the rear brake a little and let the bike begin to move forward. Just practice modulating speed with rear brake alone and leave the throttle alone. The NCs to date have very very good fueling and easily hold a steady rpm at these minimum throttle settings and the foot pedal easily modulates speed. Hopefully the RBW throttle of the 2021 is the same. You will have the technique in no time at all. Report back!

Not yet really, I'm still in the 300 mile break-in period. I have shifted but not pushing redline so I'm not getting the real feel yet...it'll come soon enough. I'm still trying to figure out how to set the clock.

Engine is very smooth and up shifting in D is smooth as well and engine braking is fine and the shifting is a little more abrupt in D from various speeds down to a stop.

AGAIN...do not "blip" the throttle while waiting for traffic...bike moves forward into traffic...not a comforting feeling so I need to relearn habits I use on other bikes...bad habit from wanting to hear the Harley at stop signs and traffic lights...don't do it on this bike!!

so I edited my question above but did you try the turn signals and are the really self cancelling?

The Harley throttle blipping comment was funny. I always say to my wife when we are stopped at a light with one "poor guy, beautiful bike but it won't idle" lol

The motorcycle blipping throttle thing done by others always puzzles, yet amuses me. That, and cars waiting for a traffic light that creep forward a foot every few seconds, as if that action will somehow encourage the light to change sooner.

so I edited my question above but did you try the turn signals and are the really self cancelling?

The Harley throttle blipping comment was funny. I always say to my wife when we are stopped at a light with one "poor guy, beautiful bike but it won't idle" lol
No Sir...turn signals are standard fare...left/right and push in the middle to stop them. I hope to see the self cancelling signals included in the cruise control app when that's available.

Thanks Dave...good ideas and technique...I'll play with it and it's kinda like my mini bike with centrifical clutch...sam idea.

Throttle blipping is required on a Harley to make sure it doesn't stop running at stop signs and traffic lights. I believe Honda has overcome that tendency...now if my little brain can handle change.

Thanks Dave...good ideas and technique...I'll play with it and it's kinda like my mini bike with centrifical clutch...sam idea.
Exactly. This bike is a doddle to ride slow parking lot maneuvers with. We still need to learn precise throttle control though for times when we have to have both legs or the right leg down.

I got my first fill-up and I had one square on the gas gauge and it took 2.7 gallons...the MPG readout is running around 68.somthin...but have no idea how accurate that might be and it's way too early to guess at real MPG figures. I'm pretty sure it won't be that high if I ride it like I do the Bandit but then I bet it won't pull the front wheel off the ground in 2nd gear.

Engine is very smooth and up shifting in D is smooth as well and engine braking is fine and the shifting is a little more abrupt in D from various speeds down to a stop. I played some in a mostly empty parking lot and I need to learn some new technique for tight turns...no clutch the throttle is pretty sensitive at low speed. It is either trying to accelerate or going into braking without much warning. I was riding figure "S" and the low center of gravity of this bike makes it feel very solid in turns...it's just not like being able to feather the throttle and clutch on most other bikes. Practice and time should improve control.

I'm finding there is very little space to mount phone/GPS or whatever and there is little solid plastic to mount stuff on. I've been using a 3" square box with USB and cig lighter recepticles on other bikes for power around the handle bars...not on this bike though. I'm thinking of cutting off or trimming back the "sun visor" over the instrument screen and build a "shelf" on top to allow mounting GPS and power outlets. I really don't want a lot of power cords flopping around. Not sure yet but I'm considering a GMRS radio too. Frunk is nice and large and will hold a lot of stuff...except if you want to put your helmet in there...not so much...that's what Givi boxes are for.

More thoughts as they drizzle out of my brain.
McRider has a slow speed control for DCT tips video. If I recall it is on a wing but principles would be the same. Hope it helps!

No Sir...turn signals are standard fare...left/right and push in the middle to stop them. I hope to see the self cancelling signals included in the cruise control app when that's available.

Throttle blipping is required on a Harley to make sure it doesn't stop running at stop signs and traffic lights. I believe Honda has overcome that tendency...now if my little brain can handle change.
well that's disappointing. This was published in March of this year

"The LCD dash has been redesigned to easily reference pertinent information and manage the riding modes. The turn signals also auto-cancel; rather than using a simple timer, the system compares front and rear wheel-speed difference and calculates when to cancel relative to the situation."

well that's disappointing. This was published in March of this year

"The LCD dash has been redesigned to easily reference pertinent information and manage the riding modes. The turn signals also auto-cancel; rather than using a simple timer, the system compares front and rear wheel-speed difference and calculates when to cancel relative to the situation."
I read that too. If that's my biggest complaint, I'm OK.

FYI...Went circle riding in the street by my house. Used brake and throttle trick and it works with both front and rear brake and I found I can hold the front brake lever with 2 finger and control the throttle with the other two fingers...or roll on/off power with the heel of my right hand. Fingers are more sensitive and can do better control than foot with boot. Pretty slick trick. Thanks gents!! Left hand is still bored.

One other thing...I also rode at about 2000 last night and driving into the sun is really tough. I got the lightly tinted Madstad which does not block much sun at all. That's fine and Ray Bans are too much looking thru the screen...can't see nuffin riding into the sun. Sitting up and looking over the screen isn't too good either...but...if you live in areas where the air is thicker it may not matter...just an observation. Crystal clear night last night with a nice moon...past the Summer solstice and headed toward Winter again...ain't life great!!

FYI...Went circle riding in the street by my house. Used brake and throttle trick and it works with both front and rear brake and I found I can hold the front brake lever with 2 finger and control the throttle with the other two fingers...or roll on/off power with the heel of my right hand. Fingers are more sensitive and can do better control than foot with boot. Pretty slick trick. Thanks gents!! Left hand is still bored.

One other thing...I also rode at about 2000 last night and driving into the sun is really tough. I got the lightly tinted Madstad which does not block much sun at all. That's fine and Ray Bans are too much looking thru the screen...can't see nuffin riding into the sun. Sitting up and looking over the screen isn't too good either...but...if you live in areas where the air is thicker it may not matter...just an observation. Crystal clear night last night with a nice moon...past the Summer solstice and headed toward Winter again...ain't life great!!
Madstad screens are intended to be looked over, not through. Is yours at minimum height, or did you raise it? In the past I have seen Madstad drill the screen mounting holes to set the screen too high, even at the lowest setting. I don’t know why.

The front brake gives the most stopping power while the rear brake is considered a finesse control for use in corners and slow speed maneuvers. Generally we are taught to stay off the front brake at slow speed when the bars are turned. It’s easy to drop a bike using front brake when the bars aren’t squared up. If you can make the front brake work for you here that’s good but I’d still try and practice with the rear brake so you don’t have to unlearn an ingrained habit later in an advanced riding course.

The front brake gives the most stopping power while the rear brake is considered a finesse control for use in corners and slow speed maneuvers. Generally we are taught to stay off the front brake at slow speed when the bars are turned. It’s easy to drop a bike using front brake when the bars aren’t squared up. If you can make the front brake work for you here that’s good but I’d still try and practice with the rear brake so you don’t have to unlearn an ingrained habit later in an advanced riding course.
True. In addition, any compression of the forks due to front brake application alters the steering geometry, which is not something you want to have to correct for when doing a slow, tight turn.

My wife had herself a highside crash during the MSF course by using the front brake in a turn.

She grabbed a handful of it too. Luckily she was wearing moto pants with passable hip pads. She got pretty bruised.

Also the time that I dropped my NC in the street was when I essentially put full brakes on while at full lock. I stalled instead of accelerating from a stop and couldn't win the fight against gravity. All that inertia against the front fork did me in

True. In addition, any compression of the forks due to front brake application alters the steering geometry, which is not something you want to have to correct for when doing a slow, tight turn.
Thanks Dave and Greg! You're both correct.

I suppose I need to explain...I have severe nerve damage and very limited sensory feelings in my feet and better feeling in my hands due to Agent Orange exposure many moons ago and it is getting worse as the years go by. That's the primary reason I bought the NC750DCT.

I love all the bikes I've owned over the years (stopped counting after 37 I think) and the ones I still have (6 at the moment) and I can ride them safely as well as drive car, truck, tractors and fly airplanes as long as I have visual input to compensate for the lack of sensory feelings. If I close my eyes, I fall over...fun to watch I guess. A few years back my left hand was smashed and rebuilt when a 3 pt hitch arm fell on my hand...not perfect but the hand Doc did a great job. I don't usually share these things

Anyway, the ability for me to control this bike with one hand on the throttle and 2 fingers on the front brake makes me happy!! I can still use the rear brake if needed I just can't use it to apply sensitive inputs but I do the best I can. I've been riding for 58 years and flying for 54 years and I plan to continue until I can't...still own 2 1/2 airplanes and live on an airport. I stopped jumping out of good airplanes 20 years ago, rock climbing 10 years ago and bought a side by side to go with my copilot since she won't ride on the DRZ.

I greatly appreciate everyone's comments and I'm off to install the new LED flood/spot lights on the crash bars...or take a nap.

Back