• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit the black plastic with meguiars back to black. Made it look all purdy again. Not bad considering it sits outside uncovered for more time than i care to admit.

Installed a GP Carbon exhaust and custom seat cover. Love the sound!
5837428fa1eac7780e277270e81dba26.jpg
a9c27112a96559f0ae38075a0fada5d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
That seat looks great.

Got out Saturday, but on a little under 200 miles just riding about. Stopped in the middle at GoodWood Brewery for a quick refresher, then headed out the long way to Long Run Park to meet up with a friend of mine so we could test out some of the Active Track capability of our drones. He has the new DJI Phantom 4 Pro and I have the new DJI Mavic Pro. It was fun, and somewhat surreal.

Here is a quick cut of some of the shots. Top speed we flew (rode) was about 22 mph.

[video=youtube;ULxNSTg4h7I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULxNSTg4h7I[/video]

Got out Saturday, but on a little under 200 miles just riding about. Stopped in the middle at GoodWood Brewery for a quick refresher, then headed out the long way to Long Run Park to meet up with a friend of mine so we could test out some of the Active Track capability of our drones. He has the new DJI Phantom 4 Pro and I have the new DJI Mavic Pro. It was fun, and somewhat surreal.

Here is a quick cut of some of the shots. Top speed we flew (rode) was about 22 mph.

[video=youtube;ULxNSTg4h7I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULxNSTg4h7I[/video]

That is cool!!

Back late yesterday from 3 day trip to vicinity Maggie Valley, NC. Just short of 800 miles for the trip. Went over to Gatlinburg also to see recovery from the fires. Saw a small black bear. Suspension is much improved over trip last year to the Helen, GA area with MSTA. RaceTech springs and Sachs shock are a definite improvement; as simple as they may be. The NC performed very well. Saw one other NC the entire time; in Cherokee on Sunday.20170429_093535.jpg

Took an hour long ride over to my (hopefully) soon-to-be home and back, to get an idea of how difficult it'd be and how long it'd take if not on the interstate. Going to need some sunglasses for sure...or a new helmet with a flip-down sun visor. :cool:

Sun will be in my eyes otw to work for sure, and on the way back if I don't go straight home.

New K&N Air Filter.

Gutted! The service manual says you have to remove the windshield, the meter stay etc etc to get the top cover plastic ring thingy out, but you don't.

37f40343ba0661efae16934939020cf9.jpg

10,000 miles. Lotsa bugs, grass and other crap in the folds that's not easy to see on camera. Blackened a bit too, wonder what that's from? Probably still ok but I went to all the trouble above, so it's being replaced. Stock has this screen. K&N does not.

a383740cb0ccf4e5e8e31d7d858ef43b.jpg

Old vs New:

03e54334dc75ec8c12149ee269d65cfc.jpg

Helps to have the right tools:

0e0bf53f0efda2027ecce8e4f556c007.jpg

Any ideas what this is for?

b3ac61369d6803d90e0114028d0b614b.jpg

b7b21ebfa5448eb742b81d9eb558c3fc.jpg

All pinned back up:

746acdb5f8c090e776cf4b50a34ca7ae.jpg

Can't ride because it's cold and rainy. :(

Last edited:
10,000 miles. Lotsa bugs, grass and other crap in the folds that's not easy to see on camera. Blackened a bit too, wonder what that's from? Probably still ok but I went to all the trouble above, so it's being replaced. Stock has this screen. K&N does not.

a383740cb0ccf4e5e8e31d7d858ef43b.jpg
This is the backfire screen, in case anyone's wondering. Could remove for increased airflow...at the risk of your filter catching fire. More likely with a paper filter, not sure how well cotton filters handle it.
Any ideas what this is for?

b3ac61369d6803d90e0114028d0b614b.jpg

Looks like maybe where a switch or plug could go, but I couldn't say for sure...don't think my bike has that piece.

Finally got my REAL license plate. Took the dealership 50 days to send me my title after I bought the bike cash. I think they just forgot to submit the paperwork.
But it's funny how people treat a bike with a temp tag... I've been riding for 30 years and I was getting the "OH Spring - new bike - new rider" looks and I HATE THAT.
So happy to have tin instead of paper on the back.
:D

Just out of curiosity, and I'm not intending to start a debate, why did you install a K&N air filter instead of OEM?

I wanted to see if it makes a difference in performance with it's (theoretically) higher flow rate, plus it's reusable, cotton vs paper etc...
I like to see if I can beat my MPG records (avg 64) on Fuelly too...

The reviews seemed pretty solid too:

K&N HA-7012 Replacement Air Filter, Replacement Filters

This the one I got:

Amazon.com: K&N HA-7012 Replacement Air Filter: Automotive

Last edited:
Safety wired the oil filler cap since I can't trust anyone anymore at school.
Don't want any stuff getting into the crankcase so it's easier to see when the bike is sabotaged.

Pushed it a few hundred yards. Thought I could make it to the next town for gas. Made it to the town, but not all the way to the gas station. Low mileage riding hard and Madstadd still in full up position form riding in major rain previous day.

Found out my gas tank from empty only holds 3.63 gallons. Should go after Honda for false advertising as another 0.07 gallon would have taken me that few hundred yards. :mad:

And O.C.R., you are wrong. I didn't meet any nice people pushing my NC that few hundred yards.

I've put over 3.7 gallons in mine before. Kind of makes you wonder if the gas pumps are calibrated correctly doesn't it. I do carry 3 30 oz. gas containers as a backup though.

I've put over 3.7 gallons in mine before. Kind of makes you wonder if the gas pumps are calibrated correctly doesn't it.
This. I've found a couple around town that are highly suspect.

I do carry 3 30 oz. gas containers as a backup though.

When I'm not sure there will be lots of miles between service or don't feel like topping off before I leave town, I throw a Rotopax 1-gallon in my H&B Junior55.

Does it have part number you can look up?

Looks like a blank for an optional switch. Maybe the option switches for the AT would fit in that spot on a '16-'17 NC.

IMG_0113.jpg

Like maybe this fog fog light switch:
IMG_0114.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back