• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to have gotten some seat time this past weekend. Took a ride up to a nearby restaurant known for its view and decent food; Overlook Inn, Leavenworth IN. On Friday, while giving the Sena 10C a proper use I recorded and uploaded a video discussing some of the traffic issues due to construction in town. I dont have the video done for the trip to Leavenworth, but I do have the video from the commute. I have to say, I like the camera.

[video=youtube_share;BQ6FSsiYXzw]https://youtu.be/BQ6FSsiYXzw[/video]

You sure remove a lot of parts for an oil change and valve check! ;)

That's the lube part. Oil and valves are quick. Lube takes a while. As a couple of others have said, Honda was skimpy with the lube. The swing arm only had a thin coating on the bearings and shaft/bolt. Had some light rust on the bolt and spacer collar. It all has a nice molly coating on it now. Tonight I'll lube up the linkage and put it back together.

25615d1438984195-2015-what-did-you-do-your-nc700-today-img_2515-jpg

my they are expensive @ £150($226) for a piece of tubing.
they should be around £90 even then thats not cheap.
don't get me wrong I'm not knocking the idea its a good idea but a big company like heppy & co can do it a lot cheaper but choose to rip folks off.
if theres enough interest I might start making them.

The normal handlebar guards made by Hepco & Becker would be closer to that £90 price range, though these are much more heavy duty, hence the price difference.

These were actually designed more-so for riding course instructors, to minimize any potential damage that may occur during a new rider's...mishaps. H&B even labeled it as such.

We put them on over here, because this is the bike we designated as our learner bike.

sorry I'm not buying that.
price of tubing don't vary that much.
example 20mm x1.5 wall is about £8.00 same tube 2mm wall is only about £0.75p more.
the handle bars wall are roughly 2mm thick and any guard that is much thicker won't save it much.
already I can see a weak point and that is at the bar end.
I'm not going to argue over right and wrongs of this product but £60 difference??????????????

sorry I'm not buying that.
price of tubing don't vary that much.
example 20mm x1.5 wall is about £8.00 same tube 2mm wall is only about £0.75p more.
the handle bars wall are roughly 2mm thick and any guard that is much thicker won't save it much.
already I can see a weak point and that is at the bar end.
I'm not going to argue over right and wrongs of this product but £60 difference??????????????

This isn't something we were openly advertising, hence why no link was added to the post. The thread is asking what you did to your NC700 today, I added the pictures because we added these front protection bars onto our NC700X.

Why did we add them on? Because there will be several people learning to ride on this bike, and we felt it was appropriate to add these bars on. Is this something a regular rider would add onto their bike? Probably not, no. Is it something that will likely save you money when you anticipate multiple drops? Absolutely.

Installed my new Leo Vince carbon fiber pipe. Got a db ap for my phone. Stock pipe measured 74db at idle and 84 at higher revs on center stand. Leo Vince 74 db at idle and 89 at high revs. No idea of the calibration of ap, but relative measure probably relevant. Love the deeper sound though and don't want excessive noise, so will leave db killer installed.

And it did happen so here is a pic.
IMG_0600.jpg

finally got the loading of pictures up.
these were taken last saturday a trip of 168 miles,mpg 78!!
went to Hawes a popular place for bikers. road through and ended up in a little village( muker )and had a cuppa in this cafe..
wp63b71438_05_06.jpg

heres my pictures of our trip before and after that cuppa.
oh and had a near mishap as in other post..lol
DSC03080.jpgDSC03084.jpgDSC03085.jpgDSC03089.jpgDSC03091.jpgDSC03093.jpg

and today( tuesday) we did a 97 mile trip locally
and heres a couple of more pictures.
DSC03095.jpgDSC03097.jpgDSC03065.jpgDSC03063.jpg

Think he means the sheep behind that guy with the bike :cool:

you've just lost a forum friend with that comment....
super-sad.gif

its a joke guy's its a joke!!!!

Last edited:
I recently bought a used Shad seat from another forum member (670cc) and I've been riding on it for a week and I love it. Good purchase.

I also rode the bike to work today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back