• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to...but its my night to cook.
When I had three daughters in the house, everyone was required to fix supper one night a week. Did not matter what you fixed as long as there was food on the table.
The rest of the family cleaned up. As the girls became adults, it fell to my wife and I....and she won't cook.

Hondabikepro's dct skid plate install! And it sounds like I may have bought the last one. Next on the list is new tires. Might have to order them today.
10adda3bd451b5961f5bf4ebeca9b4b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got in my second ride of the NC. Did about 70 miles today. I noticed that my fuel mileage increased as I rode.

Stopped to get a pic at these old stables. Used to be part of an antebellum plantation. There are several in the area.

IMG_20150408_150606_557_zpsmrqtkihn.jpg

IMG_20150408_150656_256_zps5indh4nr.jpg

drdubb,
Am I seeing things, or is your engine black? I thought all usa bikes had silver/gray engines. I LOVE the black...please inform me. Thanks

Its not black, but close. Many of the bits are black, but the cylinders are a dark gray. I actually think the white or black are the best looking, but I like to be seen. I would purchase blaze orange if they made them.

IMG_20150403_141947_774_zpsut05wdcw.jpg

This is what I just sold to get the NC

DSCN4795_zpslzyv3gpq.jpg

Last edited:
Installed my new, to me, Hondaline top case. It looks like a million others but I've been told it didn't happen without pictures. [emoji4]
uploadfromtaptalk1428625522224.jpg

And I don't know how to fix that picture from my phone

Its not black, but close. Many of the bits are black, but the cylinders are a dark gray. I actually think the white or black are the best looking, but I like to be seen. I would purchase blaze orange if they made them.

IMG_20150403_141947_774_zpsut05wdcw.jpg

This is what I just sold to get the NC

DSCN4795_zpslzyv3gpq.jpg

Gorgeous Nighthawk drdubb! How many miles did you put on it? They are great bikes. I still am perplexed about your "near black" engine color. I thought maybe the 2015's are black, but I see you have a 2014. Does anyone know? I MUST have a red bike w/black engine.
Btw, here's a pic of my Honda...

image.jpg

Gorgeous Nighthawk drdubb! How many miles did you put on it? They are great bikes. I still am perplexed about your "near black" engine color. I thought maybe the 2015's are black, but I see you have a 2014. Does anyone know? I MUST have a red bike w/black engine.

View attachment 23563

You must be from Australia.:D

I put 30000 miles in 5 years. Really hard to let that one go. Most former Nighthawk owners say they should never have sold them.

View attachment 23563
I had an '86 Nighthawk 700S, blacks with orange trim. I wish I still had it. Can't beat the shaft drive, hydraulic valve lifters, adjustable handlebars and seat height. I added a full German Pichler fairing and SuperTrapp exhaust, and a custom paint job. I'd swap my NC700 in a minute for my old NightHawk! Thanks for sharing the photo, even if it's upside down?

Added Rox Risers yesterday. Did the seat rise mod today. Will test it out tomorrow. Had to call twisted throttle about the SW Motech crash bars. I read the thread here concerning bad parts. I've called twice. Hope to here something Monday.

I had an '86 Nighthawk 700S, blacks with orange trim. I wish I still had it. Can't beat the shaft drive, hydraulic valve lifters, adjustable handlebars and seat height. I added a full German Pichler fairing and SuperTrapp exhaust, and a custom paint job. I'd swap my NC700 in a minute for my old NightHawk! Thanks for sharing the photo, even if it's upside down?

You are so right. All of the things you mentioned made the bike seem a head of its time, not to mention a gear indicator, which I like. The '86 was sweet with the bike/engine all blacked out. If only the NC700x were as comfortable.
Sorry for the upside down pic:(

Are you moving so soon? Seems as though you just moved to SoCal!:(
Job transfer? :confused:
Good luck in the SNOW!:rolleyes:
PCG
I've actually been in SoCal for just under 9 years this time around (plus 12 years when I was a kid). Most of that was spent in the San Diego area, I moved up to Ventura county right after my daughter was born. But yeah, hubby got a transfer back to his home state. Please don't remind me about the snow, I've already decided I'm going to hibernate November-April or so.

Where in New England? Not all of us live in a snowbound hell like I do. Most of the four inches of wet snow we had two days ago are gone, except for the spot where I park the bike when it's not in the shed. My yard is slowly becoming a sea of mud.

Watched her get loaded onto a moving truck. Headed east to Maryland, then Pennsylvania. I miss her already.

Pennsylvania,if you both ever ride over to ohio give me a shout. Oh and visit the hersey factory lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back