• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I put a new tire on, and one of those bead seat covers -- all with the new baby strapped in! Lol. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I wanted a slightly smaller windscreen so I went with the OEM Honda Tall screen. Replaced my Cee Baileys 22" screen.

We'll see if I like it when I ride it next week. If so, the Cee Baileys will be up for sale and if not, the Honda screen will be. :)image.jpg

I wanted a slightly smaller windscreen so I went with the OEM Honda Tall screen. Replaced my Cee Baileys 22" screen.

We'll see if I like it when I ride it next week. If so, the Cee Baileys will be up for sale and if not, the Honda screen will be. :)View attachment 21710

I'm curious what you think. I think the HONDA windshield is a great CA windshield. I think the more east you go, the bigger it needs to be.

I'm curious what you think. I think the HONDA windshield is a great CA windshield. I think the more east you go, the bigger it needs to be.

I'll know In a week or two. It may be a tad low, but then again I am on a motorcycle so a little wind shoudnt bother me.

She got new sprokets, chain, and rear tire. She will only require fuel for the next 12,000 miles.

Interesting to hear someone is extending the oil change interval. Most people want to change it earlier than 8000 miles. ;)

Interesting to hear someone is extending the oil change interval. Most people want to change it earlier than 8000 miles. ;)

Im talking stuff that will cost me money. Sorry I didnt clarify. My oil changes are free for four years and I adjust the chain.

I'll restate. The only money spent in the next 12,000 will be on fuel.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Well I ventured up to my mates garage where I keep the NC, haven't had the chance to get up there for the last 8 weeks or so (decorating) let alone ride it :( not that we've had any decent weather for it.

I thought I'd uncover it and start her up, what a shock, maybe it's because I'm used to 10+ year old bikes, the NC didn't hesitate for a nanosecond, Vrooom, on the button, sweet.

I love Hondas. :eek:

I left her to get up to temperature, ie the fan coming on, then let her cool down before covering her back up.

I must admit I'm gagging to get out on her, but not in this shit cold weather. :(

I feel sorry for you folks in the higher latitudes. It was 52F yesterday, so I rode mine.

2014-12LeolaRoad19_zps87637f88.jpg

Just added the Puig touring screen in light smoke for added wind protection in winter. Will test it out tomorrow if the rain lets up.

Ok so yesterday I rode about 250 miles home, it was a mix of about 50 miles interstate 80+ mph, 100 miles state highway 65 mph, and 100 miles back roads 45-65 mph. Overall I am pretty happy with the Puig, while there was a little buffeting on top of my helmet it did a great job at taking the wind blast off of my chest and face.

Got in a ride through the Delta up the Sacramento river, first longish ride since I added the VStream and Barkbusters.
Both performed well, the sun even came out on the leg back home. :cool:

Thought I'd treat myself to a first-use-of-the-year heated jacket ride home, after coffee with a buddy lasted 'til well after dark.

...only to be foiled! :rolleyes:

I forgot that I had cleverly buried away the coax plug under the front seat last spring, and couldn't get at it, to plug in my jacket. I didn't think to have a spare 10mm socket or box end wrench in the tool kit, and was unable to loosen the seat bolts with the OEM open end 10mm wrench. :GRRRR: :eek:

Granted, it was balmy and warm out anyway but darn it, I was looking forward to baking myself silly on the way home, lol

So. Next on my To Do list, is swapping out the front seat bolts with hex socket bolts that fit the OEM supplied windshield allen key size, or scrounging up a spare mini-ratchet and socket to tuck away in the bike, or at the least, maybe dremeling a slot in the head of each bolt, to be able to use a flat blade screwdriver/whatever, for future possible seat fastener denials. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back