• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man! Look at those spiffy saddlebags! :cool:

Glad to see they found a new home!

Wonder where they came from????

By the way, thanks for the awesome packaging job. Super organized and untouched from shipping. It felt like OEM stuff!

Wonder where they came from????

By the way, thanks for the awesome packaging job. Super organized and untouched from shipping. It felt like OEM stuff!

Well, most of the thanks go to Givi. But, I knew they had a long haul ahead so I figured I best put a lot of packing material in there.

Ok so yesterday I rode about 250 miles home, it was a mix of about 50 miles interstate 80+ mph, 100 miles state highway 65 mph, and 100 miles back roads 45-65 mph. Overall I am pretty happy with the Puig, while there was a little buffeting on top of my helmet it did a great job at taking the wind blast off of my chest and face.

If you feel like spending a little more money you can buy Puig's clip on visor that attraches to the top of the windscreen. It does help just a little bit more.

Off with the OEM mirrors, on with a pair of bar end style. I can see better with their wider positioning, and they clean the lines up a bit.

Mirrors.jpgmirrors 2.jpg

Tried the stock and Zero Gravity wind screen in high and low positions. The ZG in the high position was the most comfortable for 32F riding, but think I'm getting a Madstad.

Off with the OEM mirrors, on with a pair of bar end style. I can see better with their wider positioning, and they clean the lines up a bit.

View attachment 21772View attachment 21773

Now they are what I'm after and have been looking for lately..! Can you tell me what brand/make and where you ordered them from?

Are they the type that clamp over the bar ends? Because the bars aren't hollow I'm finding it difficult to locate suitable ones.

They really look great. :cool:

Now they are what I'm after and have been looking for lately..! Can you tell me what brand/make and where you ordered them from?

Are they the type that clamp over the bar ends? Because the bars aren't hollow I'm finding it difficult to locate suitable ones.

They really look great. :cool:

I did remove the bar ends and weights (took a little time to get the clip off, then installed the screw in place and held it with vise-grips and hammered out). They "are" hollow with the bar end weights removed from inside, once they are out - a piece of cake! Road tested - no vibration, work perfectly, and inexpensive - so if a do damage one - easily replaced.

Seller: MotortoGo. Manufacturer Part Number, MR-005K-2013NC700X.

They are on Amazon.

Last edited:
I did remove the bar ends and weights (took a little time to get the clip off, then installed the screw in place and held it with vise-grips and hammered out). They "are" hollow with the bar end weights removed from inside, once they are out - a piece of cake! Road tested - no vibration, work perfectly, and inexpensive - so if a do damage one - easily replaced.

Seller: MotortoGo. Manufacturer Part Number, MR-005K-2013NC700X.

They are on Amazon.

Thanks Ronsaw - I understand what you've done now. Cheers for the info.

Took my NC700XD to Honda for odometer replacement because of a recall. After I picked it up and riding home they call and said they ordered and installed the wrong one. Have to take it back when they have the right one. I just love dealerships?

I'm not sure about the 2014 but on my year some differences are DCT has an ABS light, a mode indicator and a large current gear indicator. I'm not sure how they didn't notice all that when they installed it. I would think they had some extra connectors left over.

Cut a 1/4" aluminum plate to mount the cheepy $30 top box on. Washed bugs and dust off. Tire pressure check and road test tomorrow. The Counties done milling and paving the road to work. Bikes been parked for almost a month while they destroyed the old road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back