• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if it's an add-on I put in Firefox, but when I right click on a picture I can rotate it where ever I want, a neck saver.

Installed Honda bug deflectors

3d13db24906788a6f1d925d19484f229.jpg

I used the ones for a Triumph Tiger, I think they are a bit longer judging by your picture. Both are better than nothing.

I use my bike mostly for commuting purposes, and normally my shift ends at 10:30 or 11:00 pm at night and I live in a rural area but during tourist season the roads get busy when all of New Jersey decides to go on vacation during the summer. So being seen at night is an ongoing priority. A friend of mine gave me a roll of SOLAS tape (HIGHLY reflective stuff the Navy and Coast Guard uses on life jackets) and it is great. First I replaced the crappy "reflective" material in the Honda top case.

The left side was already replaced and the tinted cover put back on, the right is stock. Then over the last couple days (as I've had time) I took apart the tail, scrubbed it off in my kitchen sink then applied the tape and put it all back together.

In the daylight with my phones flash.

I'm not sure if I will be putting any on the front end or not.

I got the 22 inch, I'm 6 ft but I have gorilla legs, 29 inch inseam, so I bought one I thought would be good for someone 6-2 or so.
Took a quick ride yesterday before the turkey day stuff started with my HJC flip-up, it's definitely better, going to make a test run with my Shoei which is a much better helmet before the week of rain we're supposed to get starts later today.
I did notice that I don't feel much air catching my winter jacket and kind of "pushing" me around like the stock one.

I have the one inch TUSK risers and each side clears by about half an inch at full lock. Traffic is still crazy here but I did work my way to a smaller highway, with the Shoei and no earplugs I could hear more of the engine sounds, I also heard a low rumble as opposed to the cracking snapping noise from the wind at speed, if I opened my visor a bit the rumble was gone, but a much lighter higher pitched noise was still there. After putting my earplugs in I didn't hear much engine noise and the rumble/higher pitch noises were much better. If I opened my visor all the way those almost stopped, but it caused my helmet shake a little.

Even with the 22" I'm still looking over it at anything more than about 15 feet ahead, so most everything. I tried getting my head higher and that didn't change things, ducked down a bit and not much change either. I mounted it in the lower holes, I'll give it a few more/longer rides and decide whether I want to move it up. Helps quite bit with the bugs as is.

Loss of judgment led to a drop in the parking lot and a couple of scratches on the right side case. Been wanting to paint them anyway... Just needed an excuse to get on it. :) So I removed the trim panels, sanded the scratches down, and started applying metallic nickle to the upper panels and black Plasti-Dip on the lower panels.

Also added more preload to the rear shock. I'm getting close to having this suspension exactly where I want it....

e2302ca19b26a80fbf4d9d7e10b299e0.jpg

2d96d91ec609c489a9e96af4594fa6ce.jpg

After several coats of paint and clear coat, today I put my side cases back together.

BEFORE:
DSC_8512_zpsbac8f135.jpg

AFTER:
2014-12NC700X1_zps7989d521.jpg

Installed a Whelen TIR3 as a flashing brake light.

IMG_2763_zpsf848d3ff.jpg

[video=youtube;xdFlp0lfwUI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdFlp0lfwUI[/video]

Installed a Whelen TIR3 as a flashing brake light.

Awesome job! I had one on my Goldwing and I didn't remove it before I sold it. I've been meaning to get another and put it exactly where you did - that way it can be reverted to stock (with the reflector) if I ever sell it.

Installed a set of Barkbuster Storms, once they arrived I see why they were a bit cheaper. They have the plastic shields and aluminum frames, but only bolt on the end of the bars. I don't plan on off-roading so they should be okay, I carry a tool roll so if they should get loose I can tighten them again.
We had a short break between storms, the wind and rain started coming in as I finished. Supposed to be clear on Thursday so I can road test them.

Would you mind posting exactly which part #s you installed? I see you have to purchase a seperate bracket too or am I wrong in assuming that?

No bracket required, but there are two bolts behind that reflector that prevent centering the Whelen lighthead. I installed mine offset below center, toward the license plate, just enough so that the Whelen mounting screws would clear the existing bolts. I also enlarged the hole used to mount the reflector --- in order to accommodate the wires for the Whelen.

TIR3 is the part number. I bought it from Amazon. Here is the linky:

Whelen Engineering TIR3 Series Super-LED Lighthead - Red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back