• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest complaint I see here on the forum about the Honda Touring screen is the high noise level. From what I've seen you may not have ridden much, if any, on the stock screen to have a reference point. Anyway, let us know what you think.

The stock screen was clear sailing. I knew wind noise was a distinct possibility with the tall screen, and sitting behind it reinforces that notion. It may get cut down 2 or 3 inches.

Today I put on one of Hondabikepro ' s skid plates on my 2014 NC700XDE.
b2d8707f4cdb2223989e2428b013c6a1.jpg
b8450cce0de56e05912ca5b8319afdae.jpg
c44e42bd6970f0c29f4893e445975389.jpg
29806c657ea3a2748c6ee49d267a477b.jpg

Very nice! It looks a lot better than the SW-Motech skid plate I ordered. I unwrapped the plate yesterday afternoon to take a look at it. Flimsy was the first word that popped into my head. The sides look to be half the thickness of the bottom. The bottom of the plate might be a MM or two less in thickness than Dale's. Where Dale has the cup that protects the DCT oil filter cover welded to the plate, the SW-Motech cup is bolted on. All of the seams on Dale's plate look to be welded, the SW plate is riveted together. I'm still not sure the SW plate will fit with the Givi crash bars. You get what you pay for.

Last edited:
I have a Dale plate and consider it to be the gold standard. I don’t hesitate to go bashing through the rocks with it but not everyone needs that level of protection. For riding more or less groomed roads then the less espensive options should be fine.

Today I put on one of Hondabikepro ' s skid plates on my 2014 NC700XDE.

b8450cce0de56e05912ca5b8319afdae.jpg
]

Looks Great!!! I really dog the wrinkle coat black finish. I also see that you installed on a DCT model, that makes it even better... :eek:

How much as the unit?

Is it made of steel or aluminum?

Are those 4 bolts to mount exisiting or there more that cannot be seen?

How about an image of the underbelly? This will be helpful to me regarding making a decision.

Inquiring minds would like to know.

Not necessarily to/with my NC, but I finally got my permit (yep, was riding without, but had to...). Also, while looking for some summer gloves at CycleGear, I won a Roadside Metric Tooklit from Stockton Tool Company in a raffle. Got my gloves as well.

I added my ADV sticker to the bike.

ravenadv.jpg

As "cool" as a black bike looks, it is not a lot of fun in Norcal, all of our dirt/mud is very light brown, had to do a little cleaning as the water running across some of the roads had a nice layer of silt or something that flung all over the lower parts of it.

Looks Great!!! I really dog the wrinkle coat black finish. I also see that you installed on a DCT model, that makes it even better... :eek:

How much as the unit?

Is it made of steel or aluminum?

Are those 4 bolts to mount exisiting or there more that cannot be seen?

How about an image of the underbelly? This will be helpful to me regarding making a decision.

Inquiring minds would like to know.

This might help with some of your questions, B. :)

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/south-bound-honda/5694-hondabikepro-products.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back