• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last Saturday I installed the Speed Metal LED headlight conversion kit from Cycle Gear. It really lights up the world. Easy to install.

Any chance you could post a link please, id like to see if i could find one in the UK. I have searched but im not sure im looking at the right light, Thanks in advance :)

No, just remove stock H-4 bulb and replace it with the LED> Please follow instructions for installation they know best. I use tie wraps to hold the converter in place.

I bought a new set of Michelin PR-3's to replace the crappy tires that came on the bike. In trying to be honest with myself I figured my riding is 99% on road and going by half a dozen personal testamonials from riders about how good the PR-3's are I went with the Michelins. I'll probably have them mounted when I get the dash meter replaced and the frunk lock serviced in May or June.

I'm waiting for the dang ice to melt. 13 degrees outside when I woke up this morning.

Waiting is getting expensive. Can't ride but spending certainly doesn't seem to be a problem:

Honda Tall Screen
Honda Centerstand
Plot Chain Cover
Vario Adjustable Pegs
Pyramid Fenda Extenda
Grip Puppies

Mileage on the bike: 1.0

I'm waiting for the dang ice to melt. 13 degrees outside when I woke up this morning.

Waiting is getting expensive. Can't ride but spending certainly doesn't seem to be a problem:

Honda Tall Screen
Honda Centerstand
Plot Chain Cover
Vario Adjustable Pegs
Pyramid Fenda Extenda
Grip Puppies

Mileage on the bike: 1.0

Same exact problem here. Zero miles but I am buying things left and right for the bike. New tires, a SW-Motech skid plate and a rear rack from Dale, decals to help covr up the !RED! paint. I'll stop, I'll really stop, unless a really good deal comes up on a pair of Givi side cases.

I like your mount. For my personal preference I want a higher location.

I use a long Ram Mount arm to put it next to the dash in my field of view. Don't need to turn my head down to see it. I bought a Ram ball that is drilled for a handlebar clamp bolt as a mounting location. I already had the Ram set up for another budget GPS.

Today I installed a pair of MFW Vario adjustable pegs and adjusted the shift and brake levers (and brake light switch). I got the 30mm displacement arms set at 45 degrees down and forward (about 5/8th inch in each direction).

I also paid my PayPal invoice for an SP Tadao Twin Tail Power Box slip-on. Ouch. Just over a grand for this muffler! Shipping was an additional $58.

My centerstand, tall windscreen and Plot chain cover should be in tomorrow or Friday. The postal carrier usually delivers Japanese shipments right to my door but with 3+ inches of snow forecast, I'll probably have to pick it up at the post office this weekend. :(

Got the heated grips installed, finally!
Felt too cheap to buy the Honda original grips and harness, bought some "china-cheapo" heating inserts and had to splice into the ignition wire. Also wanted to keep original grips and keep the OEM look as much as possible.
2015-01-20 19.25.36.jpg

When it came to the heaters... I found out the throttle plastic tube needs to be machined to flatten it. Thanks to my friend he got it covered (like the rest 90% of whole process).
2015-01-20 19.43.21.jpg

Lessons learned:
1. Hell yeah!!!! Heated grips rock!!!! recommended to everyone!
2. If (more likely "when") these inserts burn out or stop working for another reason I'll definitely spend some more than $3.45 for my next grips and will get an Oxford or similar.
3. Now I know how to start our bikes without a key...

Installed Michelin PR4 tire on the front. Got 15100 miles on the stock Metzler on the front, only 8400 on the back, so finaly have a matched set again. So far with almost 7000 miles on the rear PR4, looks like it has several thousand miles left on in.

I was at the post office this morning before they opened and later spent a couple hours installing new stuff:

Honda Tall Windscreen
Honda Centerstand
Plot Chain Guard
Grip Puppies

IMG_1763_copy.jpg

Takashi (Samurider.com) sent me a Japanese NC700 brochure and an accessories catalog for the NC with my order. Dangerous stuff. :)

An SP Tadao exhaust and set of black U-Kanaya levers should ship from Mr T. next week. I already installed a set of adjustable pegs and a Pyramid Plastics fenda extenda is on order.

I've had the bike a week and did a one and only ride on the stock bike. It was great. The bike really doesn't need many improvements. But it's fun to make a bike one's own.

BTW, The rope with hook tied to rear wheel trick that I read on this forum made the centerstand spring install very quick and easy.

Last edited:
. . . .The bike really doesn't need many improvements. . . .

LOL! Famous words! I distinctly remember saying that on my first NC700X test ride. But! I have now set a new personal record for farkles on any one bike, including repainting it!

And then when you think you are done someone adds something new and you have to get it also,its a viscous circle.

Nice job CB4ME!!!
I got the tall screen too and loved it all the way home for 80 km under the pouring rain.

As for your center stand, does it lift the back wheel? Judging from the picture I can see that it doesn't, I have the same shor stand and plan to change it for a longer one later.

Nice job CB4ME!!!
I got the tall screen too and loved it all the way home for 80 km under the pouring rain.

As for your center stand, does it lift the back wheel? Judging from the picture I can see that it doesn't, I have the same shor stand and plan to change it for a longer one later.

Motodrocher - that picture is deceiving. The rear wheel is off the ground.

IMG_1761_copy.jpg

The jury is out on the tall windscreen until a ride. I had a similar size Puig on my CB and wind noise was unbearable. Hope that's not the case with this one.

Has anyone trimmed their Honda windscreen a couple of inches? Is the rim guard on the shield glued on?

The jury is out on the tall windscreen until a ride. I had a similar size Puig on my CB and wind noise was unbearable. Hope that's not the case with this one.

Has anyone trimmed their Honda windscreen a couple of inches? Is the rim guard on the shield glued on?

The biggest complaint I see here on the forum about the Honda Touring screen is the high noise level. From what I've seen you may not have ridden much, if any, on the stock screen to have a reference point. Anyway, let us know what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back