• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Riding to work

I'm waiting for it to warm up a bit so I can start saving gas by riding my NCX to work. Good luck

I have to walk into work to get my bike out. so what do I do
phew-941.gif

I plan to ride it to work everyday this week if the rain chances stay down. Thought when I got the bike I'd try to stay off the Houston freeways during rush hour. Turns out the freeways seem to me a lot safer than major roads with all the cross streets. It's only about 10 miles into downtown. I just get over into the left lane and cruise. With the DCT, any stop & go stuff is a breeze!

Today starts Two Wheel Only life. Everyday day is now National Ride to Work Day. Sold the car last week.
NC700x grocery shop tonight.
;)

Good for you! I could make it without a car or a bike, but not a pickup to pull a trailer or haul wood.
Not to mention the chances of ice and snow that happens.
You don't live in the flattest area. How will you manage the ice and snow?

Good for you. I made it 14 months without a four-wheeled vehicle with two kids and a wife. Luckily, there were only two days I couldn't ride due to snow and ice on the roads.
Mike

Good for you. I made it 14 months without a four-wheeled vehicle with two kids and a wife. Luckily, there were only two days I couldn't ride due to snow and ice on the roads.
Mike

I've had a few days that I couldn't ride also. The roads were clear but I hit some big patches of ice on the company parking lot.

Our 2nd car, a 94 Nissan Altima (1st owner), finally gave up after 250K miles. So the wife drives the other car and I am on my NCX. Not missing a beat. :)

Real men ride to work. Pussies drive in their big cars....
:rolleyes:
I drove today to pick up my GIANT pack of tennis equipment from DHL. Arh...call me a pussy then.
It was 2 degrees celsius BTW, so the choice was clear to the pussy man.

===newly added===
BTW today I watched a BBC program (UK channel for those who don't know), about 2 city comediens who went to Louisana to live 2 weeks with cowboys and ride horses, hunt alligators etc.
They really made me think the citykids from there are wuss'es. One was an arrogant prick who wants to show off he can do it and did badly instead. The other is just a big sissy shy guy.
OMG.
Another thing: when they told the cowboys that they were comedians, they did not believe, so they tried to joke. Not a single American laughed coz they "ain't getting it at all".
Oh Man, I was literally pissing my pants when I saw how awkward it all was.
The UK guys were bantering about language while the Americans were waiting for the pun line which never came.

Sorry guys from the UK, it just shows distances make differences.
:D
PS: I did not get some of the UK jokes either. And the 2 UK guys were laughing at each other's jokes while the rest were just embarrassed, dunno when to laugh or what the joke was all about.

Last edited:
Riding to work is such a foreign concept to me. I drive a company provided vehicle (4 wheels) hauling tools and parts, which I garage at home. In the 34.5 years I've had this job, it has never been possible of feasible to "ride to work". Such a shame. Does that mean I'm a Pussy?

Greg

Last edited:
Good for you! I could make it without a car or a bike, but not a pickup to pull a trailer or haul wood.
Not to mention the chances of ice and snow that happens.
You don't live in the flattest area. How will you manage the ice and snow?
Co worker agrees to pick me up on the way in. Hopefully the last two weeks was the the last ice and snow for the season

I got my NC since OCT 2012, been riding to work and everywhere else 99% of the time. My NC will be hitting 10,000 in a few more days...
Love this bike!!!

Back