• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Please Help Me Decide What Motorcycle to Buy.

Hello:
I am in desperate need of advice and guidance and I will be grateful to anyone of you who is willing to guide me.
My daughter got her driver's license and started college two months ago. I couldn't financially buy her a car, so I gave her my own car keys, and ever since I have been taking the bus to work and back. While bussing has been an experience, it is not sustainable because it adds to my commuting time by 3 hours! I am not in a position to buy myself a new car right now, and I don't want to buy a second-hand car. Instead, I thought I buy a new motorcycle because I can afford it and I felt like I could bike to work and to grocery stores for a couple of years until I buy a new car.
I have done a lot of research on motorcycles over the past two months and I narrowed down my options to Rebel 500, Rebel 1100 DCT, or NC750X DCT.
I decided against the Rebel 500 because it does not have a DCT. Also, it may not be as comfortable a ride on the freeways as the other two.
I am not sure about the Rebel 1100 DCT because I hear that it is not suitable for a beginner like me who has no prior experience in motorcycling. It has too much power.
I visited an Artificial Intelligence (AI) website called "Chatgpt" and I asked it what was the best touring motorcycle with DCT features for a beginner motorcyclist and it suggested the Honda NC750X DCT. Basically, the AI website revealed to me that the NC750X is the best all-around workhorse for a beginner. Further research on this bike only confirmed the findings of the AI website, namely that the NC750X is indeed a hidden gem about which very few people know.
I am a 59-year-old male, I weigh 130 lb. My workplace is 3 miles away from my house. I work in an office (an attorney) and I need to be in business suits. I will be visiting my daughter who lives 130 miles from me once a week and I need to ride on highways and freeways.
Please help me decide: would you buy the Rebel 1100 DCL or the NC750X DCL if you were in my shoes?
I am grateful to you.
Shahram
I have an NC700NC that I have stored for two years Only because I ride a different bike. It hasn’t given me a speck of trouble. Just maintain as outlined. I went to see if bike would start after two years of neglect in outside shed. Put in original battery with a boost and pressed the start button. without hesitation it started up like it had never been parked. Couldn’t say enough good things about the bike.

I have an NC700NC that I have stored for two years Only because I ride a different bike. It hasn’t given me a speck of trouble. Just maintain as outlined. I went to see if bike would start after two years of neglect in outside shed. Put in original battery with a boost and pressed the start button. without hesitation it started up like it had never been parked. Couldn’t say enough good things about the bike.
It's so good, you keep it stored ? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back