• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Reactions from your riding friends/general public?

Ok. I've finally had it. People come up to me and ask what it is. I say it is an NC700x. They look at me dumbfounded. They will never remember that mouthful of letters and numbers. I wish Honda had given it a proper (or shorter) name. :D
Think yourself lucky one of my friends back in the 60s owned a bike called a "Vellocette Venom Thruxton Veeline"

Velocette Venom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ok. I've finally had it. People come up to me and ask what it is. I say it is an NC700x. They look at me dumbfounded. They will never remember that mouthful of letters and numbers. I wish Honda had given it a proper (or shorter) name. :D

After the Deauville and Varadero (and Integra), I'm not so sure I'd want them running loose with that responsibility.

NC = New Concept
700 = displacement
X = Adventure (styled)

Good nuff! People already confuse it with the NT700 (which as a name). I have had a couple of people explain to me that it had the same engine as the NT700 but different bodywork.

Whats wrong with Deauville? I understand that it is a very nice town
All the really good names for bikes were used up by the Brit companies years ago although I did like Valkyrie name and the bike for that matter.

SeabeeBob, you're welcome to ride with us regardless of what you have.

For me, the experience has been mostly positive. In traffic, around the neighborhood, and from friends. A neighbor across the street says its something he'd like to do, ride a motorcycle. I rode about 50mi a few days ago to hang out with some gal pals. They'd seen pics of the bike, but this time, they got to see it up close. OMG, that is a biiiig bike they exclaimed. We didn't realize it was so big!! Wow, how heavy is it? That is a cool looking bike....can I sit on it? Sure, I said. "Lap dances are free". That last sentence I stole from the HD dealer while I was there for the BRC (Basic Rider Course) in June.

Back