• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Reactions from your riding friends/general public?

Someone (not sure whom) had said before "don't care what others thinK", while I said "people do care". So in the end, we just need to justify to ourselves our decision was sound. Hanging around a forum with same owners, seems to consolidate that. Don't get me wrong, I am still confident of my choice, when I am not on this forum. Anyway, time for my medication and therapy. :p (now where is my cheap internet helmet?)

I hope this does not come across as offensive.
After much observation on this forum and some others, I concluded that this bike is for
1. total beginners
I've been riding for 38 years
2. matured riders above 60 years old
60 is still a few years off yet for me
3. returning riders from inactivity (like myself)
Continuous rider/owner since the day I got my license

None of these categories are even close to fitting my profile. I'd say the NC700X audience is very large indeed. And that's something Honda is probably betting on.

Greg

Last edited:
Well said dukn2 that's exactly how it should be. Stereotyping is never a good idea and can even be dangerous at times

I think that is what's happening with this bike in particular (especially with the DCT and Scooter versions existing). Read an 8 page thread yesterday on a V-Strom forum and it was pretty humorous (the thread started with a post on the bikes announcement). Because it shares its basic framework with a scooter and a DCT version it must be a bike for n00bs and not real bikers!!!

Well, by page 7, a reviewer that people on that forum respect gave the NC a pretty favorable and even handed review. Suddenly it was ok to like it!! I think Honda has really hit on something with this bike.

None of these categories are even close to fitting my profile. I'd say the NC700X audience is very large indeed. And that's something Honda is probably betting on.

Greg

Same here. Have ridden 40+ years, have owned many different types, brands and sizes of bikes and am really enjoying this one. Honda will have this bike in their line-up for a long time. Will be curious to see future iterations of it.

It was just a casual observation guys, I don't want to be hanged for this.
I agree it can reach a wider audience. It is slowly building up.
I do stand by my current observation, not that I want to stereotype anyone here.

I do like to identify an occasional seasoned biker/owner (between 30-50 years old).
Are you one of them?
I am, but I am a returning biker.
Most of my peers will not touch this bike. They want top speed, thrilling acceleration and racing looks.
Many of them will instead head for the 1200cc category for Adventure styling.

I want to be as factual as possible, not just emotional nor based on one's own gut feelings.
;)

I think that is what's happening with this bike in particular (especially with the DCT and Scooter versions existing). Read an 8 page thread yesterday on a V-Strom forum and it was pretty humorous (the thread started with a post on the bikes announcement). Because it shares its basic framework with a scooter and a DCT version it must be a bike for n00bs and not real bikers!!!

Well, by page 7, a reviewer that people on that forum respect gave the NC a pretty favorable and even handed review. Suddenly it was ok to like it!! I think Honda has really hit on something with this bike.

I'm interested to know which scooter it shares it's frame work with

It is indeed however it is generaly condidered to be a bike not a scooter. Having said that I agree that it does have some of the looks of a scooter. This why despite the fact that after reading the specs but not seeing a picture I thought it might be ideal for my needs but on seeing one for the first time I knew it was not for me. I would give up riding before I would ride a scooter. In fact I would rather wear an Arsenal shirt than be seen on a scooter :)

I have seen, and ridden the Integra.
It is NOT THAT BAD.
:p

I am not singing the opposite tune, just for fun of it. (Mr Rocker, please do not take this as directed at you. It is not, really.)

I am quite neutral to scooters, especially as this was a big giant scooter. My idea of scooters are those 50cc, 100cc ones.
It was also the first one which I test rode.
It is very functional, with DCT and all those compartments. It pulls fast!
Also it is VERY WELL MADE, even more so compared to the S or X (I think).
It has also big wheels, 17 inch.
If you strip her down, she is exactly like the NCX or NCS.

However, being an old-school biker myself, I simply took to the NCX like fish to water. The bonus was finding that false-tank.
I hope this post finds some common ground with others here.
Lets not be too "stereotyping"? Someone told me in some other post.
:p

Here generally we consider a scooter has the swing arm linked to the engine, but a TMax would not match that rule, for example. Anyway, the Integra is a bike but, unfortunatelly and IMHO it looks like a scooter. LOL

If you understood where my user name comes from you would understand my view of scooters. Of course you are too young to remember the Mods and rockers clashes of the 60s.
Bye the way I was not stereotyping anyone as I didn't criticise the scooters or the people that ride them I just said that there is no way I would ride one

It is indeed however it is generaly condidered to be a bike not a scooter. Having said that I agree that it does have some of the looks of a scooter. This why despite the fact that after reading the specs but not seeing a picture I thought it might be ideal for my needs but on seeing one for the first time I knew it was not for me. I would give up riding before I would ride a scooter. In fact I would rather wear an Arsenal shirt than be seen on a scooter :)

Riding a scooter might not be a bad thing after all. :cool:

images (2).jpg

Riding a scooter might not be a bad thing after all. :cool:

View attachment 414

I remember when 8 bikers rode to Koh Samui (an island in Thailand), all with our litre-class bikes, when we reached there, all of us dumped our "expensive, too expensive" bikes and rented the local Honda Cup 80cc for the whole 3 days there.
We raced around the island (took us 5-10 mins per lap?)
That was the most fun trip I remembered with my biker pals from Asia. Oh yes, btw, there were no chicks like that. My muscles were not bulging enough.

If you understood where my user name comes from you would understand my view of scooters. Of course you are too young to remember the Mods and rockers clashes of the 60s.
Bye the way I was not stereotyping anyone as I didn't criticise the scooters or the people that ride them I just said that there is no way I would ride one

For the benefits of those too young to know: Mods and Rockers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last night I stopped on the way home at the store. Having been in the store for about 10 minutes a guy walked up to me and
asked if I was riding the new Honda parked outside. He didn't know anything about the bike but thought it was so nice looking he
wanted to find out what it was -- after telling him about the MPG and storage he said he'd have to go find a dealer.

On the cross country ride home from the dealer last Friday and Saturday I had two people approach me. One at the Grand Canyon
visitor center knew all about the bike but was excited to finally see one in person and asked lots of questions. The other at a
fast food stop got out of his car to ask about it then took a picture to take home and show his local dealer to find out more and
get a test ride.

Several people at work have complimented me on the nice looking bike. I've also noticed more double takes from other riders
on the road.

Bike mag had a dual first ride test of the NC700S and the Integra. Ironically, maxi scooters typically have storage that motorcycles don't have but in this case the scooter version loses the "not a tank" storage and loses out to the S model in terms of practicality in everyday use. If they had to choose between one of the three bikes built off of the NC platform they like the X the best all around.

Last night I stopped on the way home at the store. Having been in the store for about 10 minutes a guy walked up to me and
asked if I was riding the new Honda parked outside. He didn't know anything about the bike but thought it was so nice looking he
wanted to find out what it was -- after telling him about the MPG and storage he said he'd have to go find a dealer.

On the cross country ride home from the dealer last Friday and Saturday I had two people approach me. One at the Grand Canyon
visitor center knew all about the bike but was excited to finally see one in person and asked lots of questions. The other at a
fast food stop got out of his car to ask about it then took a picture to take home and show his local dealer to find out more and
get a test ride.

Several people at work have complimented me on the nice looking bike. I've also noticed more double takes from other riders
on the road.

Strangely considering some of the really tasty bikes both mine and those on loan from the dealers that I have taken into work the NC has got more positive comments from my non riding coworkers than any other

Ok. I've finally had it. People come up to me and ask what it is. I say it is an NC700x. They look at me dumbfounded. They will never remember that mouthful of letters and numbers. I wish Honda had given it a proper (or shorter) name. :D

Back