• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Okay be honest...who has suffered some buyer’s remorse?

On occasion I wish I would have waited and bought a Triumph Bonneville or Scrambler. However, with what I use the NC for, commuting to work while carrying multiple items, I quickly realize that it was the right purchase, for now. Since I don't see myself traveling long distances on my NC since I am mostly a "family traveler", having the NC with my Givi Trekkers allows me to be on the saddle almost daily. I would have been leary putting bags on the clean/retro lines of the Triumph. So, I think I did the right thing. But I still love the look of the Triumphs.

I finally gave up on the Altrider NC "vapor ware" accessories. That web page hasn't changed since they posted it so far as I can tell.

I called a week or so ago and was told that their focus is the WC 1200GS and it may be until spring until they start working on pieces for the NC.

just zip tie one of these on as good as it gets:p

6910162.JPG

On occasion I wish I would have waited and bought a Triumph Bonneville or Scrambler. However, with what I use the NC for, commuting to work while carrying multiple items, I quickly realize that it was the right purchase, for now. Since I don't see myself traveling long distances on my NC since I am mostly a "family traveler", having the NC with my Givi Trekkers allows me to be on the saddle almost daily. I would have been leary putting bags on the clean/retro lines of the Triumph. So, I think I did the right thing. But I still love the look of the Triumphs.

I've owned a Bonneville and currently own a Scrambler, I find the NC is rapidly becoming my bike of choice now that I've got the ergos worked out to suit me. I find the "new concept" look of the NC to be growing on me as much as the classic lines of the Scrambler.

Since there was some FZ-09 discussion in this thread thought I'd post some impressions of it now that I have seen it in person. WOW! What a beautiful bike. Priced only $500 more than the standard NC, this bike definitely makes you wonder why Honda cheaped out on certain things (suspension/brakes/box swingarm) and yet is barely able to beat the price of the FZ-09.

This bike feels ridiculously light (60lbs lighter than the NC) and although there is only a 0.6" difference in seat height (NC is taller) I can firmly plant both my feet on the FZ. Of course, these bikes are not in the same class and the buyer of one would likely not be considering the other, but it's still an exciting new option. Although I could have taken a demo ride, I chose not too as this was at the Lone Star Rally and there was just too much traffic to deal with. I do see a test ride in the very near future.

Since there was some FZ-09 discussion in this thread thought I'd post some impressions of it now that I have seen it in person. WOW! What a beautiful bike. Priced only $500 more than the standard NC, this bike definitely makes you wonder why Honda cheaped out on certain things (suspension/brakes/box swingarm) and yet is barely able to beat the price of the FZ-09.

This bike feels ridiculously light (60lbs lighter than the NC) and although there is only a 0.6" difference in seat height (NC is taller) I can firmly plant both my feet on the FZ. Of course, these bikes are not in the same class and the buyer of one would likely not be considering the other, but it's still an exciting new option. Although I could have taken a demo ride, I chose not too as this was at the Lone Star Rally and there was just too much traffic to deal with. I do see a test ride in the very near future.

There is no contest. The newer FZ-09 is designed to beat any bike. And it is a Triple!
$500 is pocket change (if I read correctly?).

Now we don't know the Yamaha versus Honda debate, but new bikes are all similar. They have good warranties too.
I agree, the new Yam is hard to beat.
:p

Most NEWER products will have this price-discrepancy. It is not the first time.
Same like Cameras.

===========
I made a mistake.
A FZ-09? It is not available here in CH.
It sure looks very good!

A MT-09 costs 10,900chf compared to 8,090chf for NCX.
That is a totally different price point.

Last edited:
LOL! The FZ-9 has no Frunk, so no contest!

Actually, I love the new Yamaha FZ9!

Addressing the OP, I miss my Versys for it's power and cornering, but the storage, ease of maintenance and long term reliability of the Honda outweigh those losses.

This is one of the few bikes that I DID NOT regret buying...
It serves my wants and needs perfect !!!.

I've just gota say ditto.... yes when I see a bad review and they give the Wee (650 Vstrom) the "better bike" and the 700X "ok but".... then I think of the times on my 09 Wee ( bought from a friend with every farkle for performance etc. installed) and the 04 Wee I bought having seller remorse of the 09 Wee, and remembering the lack of fun in traffic and the times it stumbled for not being in the right gear/rpm, and the rpms at 70 mph...... then the buyers remorse quick fades away. This bike is fun and even in the cold (40 degrees is cold in San Antonio) a hoot to ride and it just feels good. I now even enjoy riding my 02 Gl1800 more as I push it like the 700X has allowed me to do and wow. Great decision this bike and come summer I 'm going to take on Alaska, maybe not the Dalton Hwy, but Alaska. Yeah I have buyers remorse but usually only for a couple minutes, then I'm real happy I have it.

There are always other bikes that peak my interests. And there are times I wish the NCX was more this or more that, but the reality is that it's just about perfect for the type of riding I do. I sold my 81 Suzuki GS. It was faster, more fun, and had more "soul", but I just didnt ride it any more. The NC was just so much more practical. Does that mean I don't drool after other bikes? Heck no. But no regrets!

I've owned more bikes than I can remember....Lemme try.

Yamaha Maxim 550
Kawasaki Vulcan 500
Kawasaki Vulcan 750
Suzuki Marauder Twice
Yamaha Seca II
Suzuki Katana 750
Ninja ZX9R
Honda F4i
SV650S Twice
SV1000S Twice
GSXR1000
Ninja ZZR
Vulcan 2000
Goldwing 1500
Goldwing 1800
Harley Sportster 1200
Yamaha FZ6
And now my Honda NC700X

I'm sure I'm missing a bike or two but I have had many and many different flavors. Fast bikes, comfortable bikes, fun bikes and frustrating bikes. I'm 46 now and admit I'm slowing down and appreciate different things now than I did 20 years ago. Do I have regrets? I did miss my 2008 Honda Goldwing with ABS/Airbag/Navi but I do like lighter bikes and I like cornering clearance so no I dont regret letting it go.

The NC700X offered exceptional fuel economy, good comfort, great features like the frunk, low center of gravity and little maintenance and it delivered. I have set mine up to tour on. I added the full compliment of Honda hard bags(Side cases and trunk), Garmin GPS, tall Cee Baileys with Bruundt brackets to make it even taller, Center stand and Yoshimura exhaust and the bike is ideal for me. This past summer I did a 3400 mile trip in two weeks and found the bike to be ideal with the exception of the stock seat. It sucked so bad I got a Corbin when I got home and the difference is night and day.

I still lust for the new FJR1300 and new Concours 1400 but I am not ready to give up my frunk, fuel economy and low maintenance for a bike that cost double.....No regrets.

I'm coming from a long line of CBR's. I have no buyer remorse. Just the opposite. Every time I calculate my fuel economy and it is over 65MPG I thing "SWEET". Every time I arrive to work and start stripping off all my riding gear and can place all of it in lockable storage on the bike I'm amazed. I have never had a mount for my phone or 12V socket for power. I have never been as comfortable. Yes she lacks the power I am used to but she makes up for that in many other areas.

No regrets here. The NC is a perfect complement to my scooters, 50cc Malaguti Ciak 50 (50cc for the neighborhood) and Vespa GT200 (200cc and perfect for everything except long highway rides).

I have had the NC for two months and already taken it for a 2500 mile, 5 day ride to Detroit and Chicago. It was very comfortable (except the seat that was painful after 300 miles on the 830 mile first leg to Columbus, Ohio but got better as I continued.)

It gets better gas mileage than either scooter and runs on regular.

It is not nearly as maneuverable as either scooter but I didn't really expect it to be.

If it had a shaft drive or at least a better chain it would be almost perfect.

I considered the Suzuki V-Strom, BMW F700GS and Piaggio BV350 before making the purchase. The Frunk and fuel efficiency made the decision over the Wee and BMW. Looks, performance and Honda reliability won it out over the BV.

Looked at a Yamaha Super Tenere at a much reduced price, still a lot of cash, but then the research brought to light the nightmare of checking the valves. So passed on that, and the new FZ9, looked really good, till the review gave MPG of 33 with average around 40, and 112 HP would just get me tickets. Even looked at some of the BMW's and all have some degrees of maintenance nightmares, many related to their fancy computer monitoring, which only the BMW service department can access and deal with. The NC is paid for and has the Funk, and panniers, had it's valves checked and has new tires waiting to put on this early spring. And I still like it's torque and smooth, just right transmission.

Darn, sure would have liked a new motorcycle.

Art

Last edited:
No remorse whatsoever. Albeit my case is a little different in that I bought the NCXD for my wife but it was just the perfect bike for her. I also have to say that the few times I have ridden it have been a real kick. Have owned many Honda's and this one is no exception in that it nicely engineered, easy to work on, OEM and aftermarket parts are plentiful and I am confident it should be as durable as others I have personally owned.

If I could make one honest comparison of Honda vs. Yamaha, while I love my FJR, Yamaha's shop manual is crap in comparison to Honda's and also the Yamaha is somewhat harder to work on with many "different" sized/type fasteners, nuts and screws. The battery location and access in the FJR is just not well thought out at all. I don't know if these differences translate to other Yamaha models but from someone who does all their own wrenching it is a noticeable difference.

Back