• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Okay be honest...who has suffered some buyer’s remorse?

It has adventure "styling" but it's not really a adventure bike. Someone with your knowledge knows this already though. :)

Really? You are going to tell OCR what is and isn't an adventure bike? How about you tell that HONDABIKEPRO while you are at it. Or NorthwestRider, LBS, X-Man; the list goes on a long long way. I recommend you spend some time reading the forum and find out what this bike is capable of. It will surprise you.

EDIT: I am quite confused now. I just found your post with your bike being used in exactly an adventure bike fashion on logging trails. So I really don't understand your "not really an adventure bike" comment at all....

Last edited:
My regret is I kept the 2003 Sportster so long. Bought it new; had a Guzzi California for 9 months and a Superglide for a half-year but always hung onto the Sportster. While I had some initial remorse about the seat height; that got solved with the lowering links. The NC700x has proven to be a nimble, light, fun all-around bike that I won't ever regret. Doesn't mean I would not like to have a Diavel as a second option.

Well I admit I have. After seeing some bikes on the horizon with double the horsepower and more traditional engine, and similar price tag, I have suffered a little regret for my purchase.

None, so far... I don't want more horse power or a more traditional engine. I bought the NC700X BECAUSE the engine and bike design were different. I was lucky to get all that at a price point I could afford. That was excellent design.

Is there a touring BMW that I might like as well? Probably, but I know I will never own it.
Now, I realize I shouldn't have answered this post because this answer isn't the one you were looking for.
Mea Culpa.

Only remorse has been that I'm not getting 70+ mpg that many are. 65 - 67 isn't bad but I'm just really wanting to crack that 70 mpg barrier. No remorse overall. Twins of any type and I just don't get along. Much more of an I4 guy but I'm getting there. The ride position, carrying capacity, etc. are all great.

It has adventure "styling" but it's not really a adventure bike. Someone with your knowledge knows this already though. :)
The tricycle that I peddled to the corner when I was five was an adventure bike.

Open your heart to a broader definition of adventure.

Really? You are going to tell OCR what is and isn't an adventure bike? How about you tell that HONDABIKEPRO while you are at it. Or NorthwestRider, LBS, X-Man; the list goes on a long long way. I recommend you spend some time reading the forum and find out what this bike is capable of. It will surprise you.

EDIT: I am quite confused now. I just found your post with your bike being used in exactly an adventure bike fashion on logging trails. So I really don't understand your "not really an adventure bike" comment at all....

I think all the people you mention would say the NC isn't what is considered a true adventure bike. That it CAN be used like an adventure bike doesn't mean it is a bike that would commonly be considered one. Just about every pro review commented on its "adventure styling" and how, it's stock form may not be the best choice for that style of riding (I mean the cast wheels, and suspension would already have you at a disadvantage compared to an F800GS, Tiger etc..). In the hands of a skilled rider and with the right tires/equipment you can go adventure riding with just about anything.

I don't consider it one at all, but that's just my point of view as I don't intend leaving the pavement (not on purpose anyway:p ).

Right equipment with what I hope is a skilled rider:
Suzuki-GSXR-On-Ice.jpg

Last edited:
No remorse at all. In 3 more days I will have had it a full year. Just rolled over 12k miles on her yesterday to work, and I'm still loving this bike. Sure, would a little more power be nice? Yeah, it might be nice, but I don't NEED it. So, this bike works just fine for me and what I expected out of it. Any of the gripes I have are fixable with modifications. Modifications that still would probably be done on any more expensive bike that I might have purchased instead of the NC.

Over all I'm just Happy, or Happy is Happy. I'm JDE, but happy with the NC!! :p;)

Well... if you buy the bike after a thorough review of the market there should be no remorse.

I got exactly what I was looking for at the time I was looking for it. Simple, all good! :cool:

To the point of the thread, I was planning on buying a used bike and bought the NCX because it is excpetionally well designed to commute and go adventuring on. I've done plenty of both and will do a lot more of both before I'm done. When my NCX gives up and dies, I'll get another one. No regrets at all.

Suzuki-GSXR-On-Ice.jpg

That guy is riding on an ice track which is a track covered in ice. That isn't adventure riding, that's ice racing - which is not to say that ice racing wouldn't be a helluva adventure. Put TKC80's on a GSXR and put it in the bottom of a dry river bed in a Nevada desert and you'll be pulling it out and carrying it home in 15 minutes regardless of who is riding it. Your NCX will go all day and have enough gas left to get you home.

No remorse. I might say I'm in a "honeymoon" mood now with my NC700X. The more I ride her, the more I fall in love with her. :p
She just fulfills my needs out of a bike, in terms of handling, power, fuel economy, and relatively easy maintenance. (The frunk is an awesome bonus! :cool:)
I might get another bike if my budget allows but won't get rid of her at least in two years.

It's only been about 4 days, but I'm happy. My last bike was a BMW Xmoto I rode 51,000 in about 5 1/2 years. My other choices were the Suzuki 650 V-strom and the Kawasaki Versys. I've ditched the backpack for commuting. (a HUGE plus) I'm thinking of mounting Pelican cases for a trip out West next year. I'm not old enough for a Road King or a Goldwing. (only 53)

Judging from the lack of buyer's remorse expressed so far, it seems those that felt true remorse have sold or traded their NC700X, and are no longer on this forum here to tell you about it. We've had a few NC forum members move on to other bikes, but the majority consider the NC a keeper.

Greg

Any bike can be taken off road. Look at the Harley's with the knobby tires. The professional reviews I have read point out stylistically it looks like adventure bike, but it's not underneath. Just because you screw on a big spoiler on your civic, doesn't make it a racer. I'm sure some will be offended by that and that's fine. A great utility bike you bet, but at the end of the day pure adventure bike it's not.

None, so far... I don't want more horse power or a more traditional engine. I bought the NC700X BECAUSE the engine and bike design were different. I was lucky to get all that at a price point I could afford. That was excellent design.

Is there a touring BMW that I might like as well? Probably, but I know I will never own it.
Now, I realize I shouldn't have answered this post because this answer isn't the one you were looking for.
Mea Culpa.

I like all the answers to be honest. I love open discussion and different viewpoints. I have noticed one trend though, the "older" types are in the best bike ever group. The "semi younger" group thinks the yammer could be a great upgrade. I like it for what I got it for. If I made the choice this year it would have been the yammer.

I think all the people you mention would say the NC isn't what is considered a true adventure bike. That it CAN be used like an adventure bike doesn't mean it is a bike that would commonly be considered one. Just about every pro review commented on its "adventure styling" and how, it's stock form may not be the best choice for that style of riding (I mean the cast wheels, and suspension would already have you at a disadvantage compared to an F800GS, Tiger etc..). In the hands of a skilled rider and with the right tires/equipment you can go adventure riding with just about anything.

I don't consider it one at all, but that's just my point of view as I don't intend leaving the pavement (not on purpose anyway:p ).

Suzuki-GSXR-On-Ice.jpg

Much more eloquent than my reply.

Any bike can be taken off road. Look at the Harley's with the knobby tires. The professional reviews I have read point out stylistically it looks like adventure bike, but it's not underneath. Just because you screw on a big spoiler on your civic, doesn't make it a racer. I'm sure some will be offended by that and that's fine. A great utility bike you bet, but at the end of the day pure adventure bike it's not.

You want other owners to stop lying, be honest, step forward and admit they too, have buyers remorse, because Big Red pulled a fast one and sold us a Miata, when we thought we were getting a Land Rover?

[Seinfeld] Honda! :mad: [/Seinfeld]

Honda!.jpg

Whatever the NC is, I'll be the first to agree it's not really "adventure ready" right out of the box.

what is there to complain about. its not adventure bike and thats the fact.
but you make it what you want it to be a racer,adventure or as it is intended to be which is a road bike with good economy,powerful enough but not intimidating.
its a good all round cheap enough bike .
those of us old enough to remember when if you had a bike that produce 40 bhp and over was considered a bl**dy fast bike but now unless it produce 150 bhp its just a commuter bike. well if that's what so called journalist think then they need to try and jump off at 30mph and see if that's fast enough.
it is much better to have torque..just look at custom bikes very low bhp but they have bucket loads of torque and that to me is what counts.
I'm very happy with what I've got and I'm not just saying so because I have one.

you want adventure bike?? well go and buy one...
want a powerful boy racer bike?? well go and buy one...
want a laid back custom bike?? well go and buy one...
want a bike that is cheap to buy and run,good commutting, a little bit of adventure with little mods.. well you've got one and be happy with it;)

from what I can see in Lets see your NC OFFROAD! that to me should be fine for 'X' with knobbly tires on with engine guard fitted.
we don't have any thing like that only green lanes but they are fast disapearing here and you will need a different bike for these...
1WebXCR.JPG

Last edited:
Back