• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Okay be honest...who has suffered some buyer’s remorse?

The FZ09 looks enticing but, based on past experience with Yamaha, I'd let others sort out the first year or two issues. Yamaha will deny there are any then introduce the next model year highlighting improvements in all those areas.

My biggest remorse was selling my '01 Yamaha FZ-1 to get an '02 V-Rod. I went from a bike that did everything well to a bike that pretty much sucked in all areas.

The FZ09 looks enticing but, based on past experience with Yamaha, I'd let others sort out the first year or two issues. Yamaha will deny there are any then introduce the next model year highlighting improvements in all those areas.

My biggest remorse was selling my '01 Yamaha FZ-1 to get an '02 V-Rod. I went from a bike that did everything well to a bike that pretty much sucked in all areas.

Glad my thread got you out of lurking mode to post. Welcome. :)

Don't get buyer's remorse. If you can and are able to, you should have multiple bikes. The minimum a bike enthusiast should have is 3. I have a track/race bike (2008 Ninja 250) and my commuter (2007 Triumph Bonneville). The next bike planned is either a supermoto or a dirt bike (but now its deciding if dirt if it's going to be doing motorcross tracks or take it out to some trails and out to the desert)
I have certainly noticed that a lot of you guys have multiple bikes. Maybe because I'm starting rinding so late, I really have no desire for another one. At this point I expect this will be my first and last bike, unless I loose it somehow. Just been riding since January, so maybe I don't know what I'm missing. Got other priorities for my money so I kinda hope I don't find out what I'm missing if I am. :)

I have certainly noticed that a lot of you guys have multiple bikes. Maybe because I'm starting rinding so late, I really have no desire for another one. At this point I expect this will be my first and last bike, unless I loose it somehow. Just been riding since January, so maybe I don't know what I'm missing. Got other priorities for my money so I kinda hope I don't find out what I'm missing if I am. :)

Its the same with BOATS.
I ended up having two boats. A 17 whaler and a 22 hydrasports.
Also not interested in another bike. The NC is plenty fast for me anyways.

Ken

I did my research and knew what I was getting into. I was looking at the classic CB1100 honda they just came out with too, but I didn't like the price tag on it. I also read several reviews complaining about how under powered it felt for an 1100. I rode one, and came to the same conclusion. Combined with the fact that I have a vintage classic, with a big bore kit in it.. The choice for the NC was an easy one. I didn't buy my NC for "sport", I bought it for the commute. As far as the horsepower (which seems to be "THE" biggest issue people have with the NC) it was fine for me. More horsepower would likely get me in trouble, as in speeding tickets and possibly an accident. I have a "sport" bike to ride for pleasure. The NC has a happy home with me.

Something I've gathered from reading through these forums is people are easily intimidated by sport bikes with the NC, and some even get "hurt" when someone calls it a bi-curious scooter. Honestly, buy the kind of bike you want and one that feels right for you. Never listen to anyone's opinion when buying something, always do your own research and ride one for yourself. Have the courage to be different.

And if there is someone who likes to poke fun about the NC roaming the forums reading this, well..

HatersGonnaHatePanda.jpg

:D

Last edited:
Something I've gathered from reading through these forums is people are easily intimidated by sport bikes with the NC, and some even get "hurt" when someone calls it a bi-curious scooter. Honestly, buy the kind of bike you want and one that feels right for you. Never listen to anyone's opinion when buying something, always do your own research and ride one for yourself. Have the courage to be different.

That's exactly what I did. I am very happy with the NC. Don't need a sport bike that will go a zillion miles an hour. I use it for commute and I think its plenty fast for me.

Ken

The NC700X is my first motorcycle. I got mine at the end of March and now have 1800 miles on it. I'm a late starter - over 60 years old. The only other bike I've ridden is the Yamaha TW200 provided at the MSF classes. Riding position and comfort were my primary considerations, and for that reason I wasn't interested in sport bikes or cruisers. The only other bike I considered seriously was the Kawasaki Versys. I picked the NC because of the value and the frunk. The frunk is what makes the bike USEFUL. I can go shopping! I can put my lunch cooler in the frunk and commute to work with my laptop and other stuff in a light backpack. The convenience gives me no excuse not to ride it. Sure, I could have paid more for a Versys, (or a V-Strom or one of several roadsters) then paid still more for luggage accessories before it would be as USEFUL as the NC700X right out of the showroom. And let's be honest -- even if it isn't a ball of fire, it will take years of riding before I'm able to approach tapping the NC's full performance. Yes, I often see bikes that make me turn my head, but no, I'm not sorry about the purchase.

Totally normal to want the next bright and shining thing. Manufacturers will keep on pushing out the next big thing to entice you to trade in your old ride. If they didn't, then they wouldn't last very long.

There will always be another bike that's bigger, better, shininger, faster, cost more money, with a flux capacitor, goes 88 miles per hour, needs 1.21 jigawatts, and will instantly send you back to 1985. As for the NCX, it does everything I want it to do and does it adequately. I will be honest. Sometimes I wish it can do a little more of this and a little more of that. But all in all, with the initial investment and the weekly gas bill, I am very pleased with it. I don't think I can find another bike today or in the next year or 2 that does what the NCX does.

The grass is always greener on the other side, or is it? :confused:

The NCX is so close to exactly what my build sheet wish list was, it kinda freaked me out when Honda made it.

It's my Goldilocks parable machine and I :heart: it. :)

Last edited:

My first bike was an '02 FZ1 - I kept it for 9 years and 88K miles. What a wonderful bike. I think I will like the NCX as much as the FZ1 in a few years. I was looking for a twin with the riding feel of the the FZ1 when I found the NCX (without all the mostly unused power of the FZ1). I still miss the power sometimes. :)

The NCX is so close to exactly what what my build sheet wish list was, it kinda freaked me out when Honda made it.

It's my Goldilocks parable machine and I :heart: it. :)

My search for my perfect bike came up with a used 1984-1986 Nighthawk S. I ended up with a new '02 FZ1. A couple of years later I found the Nighthawk of my dreams - my build sheet was wrong. I loved the Nighthawk but always rode the FZ1. I tried a Versys and a few dual sports before the NCX. The NCX fits just fine.

Last edited:
I just got the break in service and am with no regret at all. I saw the Yamaha, and no doubt I would consider it if buying now, just like I considered 4 or 5 other bikes seriously. Looks like a good deal. But I'm having a blast using the NC and use the frunk on pretty much every ride. Been trying some more extreme throttle since the oil change and have been plenty happy with the power. Wouldn't mind it redlining at 8000 rpm just so I didn't have to shift quite so quickly to avoid the limiter.

As I have stated before for years I had been using a Deauville for my daily commute 2 X 650 and a 700. I decided to have a change so bought a NC700X. Whilst I found this to be a very good bike I missed the shaft drive weather protection and comfortable seat of the Deauvile. Rather than just regret changing I did something about it so I traded the X for a new Deauville 700.

I can't say I've ever had buyer's remorse on any bike I've ever bought. But I am slow to buy and do extensive research to the point I have bonded with the bike for a while before I buy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

+1

so many things that this motorcycle can do, and I have just scratched the surface. Feels like guaranteed fun for years to come
:)

I have my NC700X perfect for me now after a Corbin seat swap. I'm sure the Yamaha has it's issues as well with ergonomics (Can't make everyone happy) and aftermarket will fix. With 14 bikes owned by me since riding at age 16, my NC700X is the best, she'll be with me for a long time, I have found my motorcycle

No remorse here. I'm so much more confident since I bought this bike. I would never have taken a long distance trip solo on my Shadow. And I'd have trouble losing the frunk now that I'm used to it. The only thing I've felt the need to look at since I bought my NC has been the new BMW F800GT, and it didn't impress me at all. I saw a write-up on the FZ9 and it just doesn't speak to me.

Back