• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Okay be honest...who has suffered some buyer’s remorse?

That guy is riding on an ice track which is a track covered in ice. That isn't adventure riding, that's ice racing - which is not to say that ice racing wouldn't be a helluva adventure. Put TKC80's on a GSXR and put it in the bottom of a dry river bed in a Nevada desert and you'll be pulling it out and carrying it home in 15 minutes regardless of who is riding it. Your NCX will go all day and have enough gas left to get you home.

I think you are misinterpreting the point of the picture. A GSXR isn't what I would think of when I picture ice racing, just proves the point that you can make your bike whatever it is you want, even if it wasn't specifically made to be that.

Getting back to the original topic...the only time I had true buyers remorse was when i sold my first FZ6 and got a Shadow Aero 750. It was one of those wild hair things, and although I enjoyed my cruiser, it wasn't the bike for me. So...a year later it was sold and I was back on a new FZ6!

The seat on the fz9 looks like a very short range seat. I'm sure you can upgrade it but that kind of tells you distance riding is not one of its design goals.
But not everyone wants to distance ride.
Doesn't excite me as it's not a great bike for what I want in a bike. Looks like a sporty commuter to me, but I haven't researched it since it didn't spark much interest.
If it draws your interest, it probably matches the type of riding you enjoy most, and everyone should try to match their bike to what type of riding they most enjoy.
I have known a few riders who distance ride on sport bikes though, so there are always exceptions.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I do tend to get itchy bike syndrome when I go through a phase of wanting to change a perfectly good machine for no other good reason than because I feel I need a change...When really I don't......
I supposed I'm just a poor confused soul.....

Seems like "back in the day" folks rode on gravel and dirt all the time with street tires. Gravel was a lot more common than today. I know my dad toured on all sorts of mountain roads with his Nortons, lots of luggage, regular suspension, a windshield, and normal street tires. I think the "adventure" market has been created much more for marketing than anything, like selling suv's and trucks more for style and perceived need than real need.

Contentment is a virtue. The grass is always greener elsewhere.

Adventure bike? I ride without a destination and it often gives me an adventure. I can go off road or onroad with 400km between fill ups. That is an "adventure" bike for me. It's a Honda, reliable and does not fail.

The bike which excited me was the new BMW 1200 GS. It could replace my NCX. But will it? I am not in a hurry.

Seems like "back in the day" folks rode on gravel and dirt all the time with street tires. Gravel was a lot more common than today. I know my dad toured on all sorts of mountain roads with his Nortons, lots of luggage, regular suspension, a windshield, and normal street tires. I think the "adventure" market has been created much more for marketing than anything, like selling suv's and trucks more for style and perceived need than real need.

I ride a Ural Gobi daily commuter year round, thru the woods, snowmobile trails, anywhere I can go and yes I get stuck (that what Maasdam pullers are for) this is not an adventure bike, but the adventures I have been on are great and never ending. It is all what you make of it.

I do tend to get itchy bike syndrome when I go through a phase of wanting to change a perfectly good machine for no other good reason than because I feel I need a change...When really I don't......
I supposed I'm just a poor confused soul.....

Join the club pal.

When I was younger, I road a Yamaha XS 500 and a GS1100E Suzuki on so much gravel and dirt/grass it wasn't funny. For me a Honda C90 was the ultimate adventure bike.

Adventure bike? I ride without a destination and it often gives me an adventure. I can go off road or onroad with 400km between fill ups. That is an "adventure" bike for me. It's a Honda, reliable and does not fail.

The bike which excited me was the new BMW 1200 GS. It could replace my NCX. But will it? I am not in a hurry.

Why should it replace it? I think it should be a stable mate!
Heck My NCX may even have an older version GS sitting by it one day. I hope!!!

No remorse here. Now if Honda or Yamaha come out with a 650 or 700 cc "standard" that looks something like a Nighthawk, has a low seat height and has a DCT then I might get itchy. When I was growing up that was my idea of what a motorcycle looked like.

The grass is plenty green here right now. My stable is complete for the foreseeable future..

Greg

Remorse? Nope. Lust for other bikes? Yup. It's like a lot of good marriages in that way. When I really think about the practicalities of some of the other bikes I think I love then I remember how I got the best one. High revving on the f700GS for example. I can ride my NC at very slow speeds in the parking lots with nary a problem. I don't think it's nearly as easy on the BMW. Or the high price of the Super Tenere for example. I'm having enough trouble paying for farkles on my NC. Or the difficulty servicing an Aprilia for example. High center of gravity on the Wee Strom. Seat height on the Tiger. Etc., Etc....
There's a lot of great machines out there, but for me, the NC is the one.

There really isn't anything else except the dauaville out there even remotely like the NCX. If you are drawn by what the NCX is, you shouldn't have buyer's remorse.
The Dauville was out before the NCX so if you wanted it you would have bought it instead.
Do your research and buy what calls out to you and you won't ever have buyers remorse.

The Dauville was out before the NCX so if you wanted it you would have bought it instead.
There are still brand new NT700s (Dauville) in many U.S. show rooms even though none have been imported to U.S. for several years. Find one and it will be new with full warranty and one can probably get a good discount if it is what someone wants. People who bought them are mostly happy with them. I saw one in Conyers, GA dealer this week. Saw one in Natchez, MS dealer last month. I have seen others.

is wee strom really an adventure bike????

I have no idea, but my point was that the NC is pretty vulnerable to some serious damage if ridden on anything but paved roads in its stock configuration. Even if your particular adventures never take you off pavement, I think there are a few mods you might want to consider anyway; a fender extender and radiator come immediately to mind. Guess it depends on your definition of an "adventure bike." My definition includes some limited off-road capability, but that's just me. Actually, I find commuting to work to be pretty adventurous on most days.

I have no idea, but my point was that the NC is pretty vulnerable to some serious damage if ridden on anything but paved roads in its stock configuration. Even if your particular adventures never take you off pavement, I think there are a few mods you might want to consider anyway; a fender extender and radiator come immediately to mind. Guess it depends on your definition of an "adventure bike." My definition includes some limited off-road capability, but that's just me. Actually, I find commuting to work to be pretty adventurous on most days.

I totally agree, but all of the marketed as Adventure bikes need add-ons to make them dirt worthy, and most are too large for real off road use. My point is NCX does not seem any diff. from the rest of the pack.

I totally agree, but all of the marketed as Adventure bikes need add-ons to make them dirt worthy, and most are too large for real off road use. My point is NCX does not seem any diff. from the rest of the pack.

Yeah, I think we're pretty much on the same page here. Utility was the big seller behind my decision to go with the NC. I'm new to motorcycles and assumed a cruiser was the way to go until I got lucky and came across an article about Honda's new concept bikes. The more I read, the more I knew it was the bike of me. Nah, it's not perfect, but I haven't come across anything better for my needs and I'm totally thrilled with my choice.

I had a Volvo articulatiing loader working in a sawmill log yard. Their adds typically show them in rock quaries. Anyway one day a wheel rode over a log which tipped up and broke the fiberglass oil pan instantly draining all the oil out of the engine. It took 3 days and $10,000 dollars to remove engine and put a new oil pan under it. Three months later the engine prematurely failed possibly related to the previous loss of oil. That was $30,000 and more than a week out of commission. I complained to the salesman who sold it to me and he said I should have bought the skid plate to protect the oil plan if using on the type of terrain they advertise it for. He knew where I would be using the loader when he sold it and did not point out the need to consider the $3500 option. The option would have affected his postion of lowest bidder. Needless to say Volvo and I are not best of friends.

My point is this is not unique to motorcycles. If you want an adventure bike get the appropriate accessories to protect the bike. Don't learn the hard way like I did on my Volvo loader.

I there a official skid plate for this bike yet? I know of Hondapro's master work, just wondered if any manu made an official one yet.

Back