• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Okay be honest...who has suffered some buyer’s remorse?

No remorse at all. I am fortunate enough to have more than one motorcycle. I am finding that the NC is the one that I use most. It is a unique little bike and it delights me every time I ride it.

nope, none at all, even traded in a bmw g650gs in to get the Honda NC700x. Just the bike I wanted. Love the bike. Don't care if other bikes are coming out with more power/speed, etc.. I can do triple digits on the bike, but cruise at 70mph and get around 70mpg. If I wanted power/speed, I could have bought a bmw s1000rr.

No regrets.

My wife is the primary rider of the NC and she's had pain in her left ankle for many years. Recently it's gotten much worse and the doctors are telling her that she can live with it or have surgery done that may or may not fix the problem with high probability of the pain returning in the future anyway. Then it will be time to fuse the ankle as a permanent "fix". Hard to shift with a fused ankle or one in pain, so the DCT version we have is turning out to be the PERFECT bike for her.

And despite having a bike with much better wind protection for my cold/rainy weather, I'm often tempted to take the NC instead. It's fun to ride and you can't beat mileage that almost double what I get on my other bike.

I am even happier with my NCS after 14 months of ownership having now done a bunch of mods to make it my very own so no regrets from me either :)

I knew the NCX wasn't a out of the box solution for what I wanted it to do, but considering the cost of getting it to where it needed to be vs. buying something that was closer to my goal to touring was a easy choice to make. 11k total to outfit the NCX completely or 14k to start with before starting to farkle a Tenere. Or even more expensive Adv/Touring bikes.

Remorse? not a bit. Impatient to complete the farkling and find the time to actually tour? You bet. :D

If / When Yamaha makes an FZ09 based Sport Touring, or Adventure edition I am in. I don't care which one they make. I want wind protection, fuel capacity to go at least 200 Mi, and storage. Oh don't forget that top gear roll on power. As far as the shim under bucket, my preferred, valve adjusters... I feel that threaded adjusters are one of the Honda's weak spots. Yes I get it, it's easier for most owners, and no doubt less expensive to produce. I would rather take it apart once every 18,000 to 25,000 mi. The shim under buckets are less likely to need adjustment. My shim under bucket St1100 needed it's first valve adjusted at 63,000 mi.

I had to reel myself in not to buy the last FZ09 off the local dealers floor. I really like the Honda. It's pure fun to ride, and the frunk is crazy useful in everyday life. I'm still adding accessories. I just want more top gear roll on power.

Last edited:
nope, none at all, even traded in a bmw g650gs in to get the Honda NC700x. Just the bike I wanted. Love the bike. Don't care if other bikes are coming out with more power/speed, etc.. I can do triple digits on the bike, but cruise at 70mph and get around 70mpg. If I wanted power/speed, I could have bought a bmw s1000rr.

I'd be interested to hear why you traded in the G650GS for the NCX. Initially, I had a hard time deciding between the 650GS and the NCX. In my mind, they are very similar in many ways, down to the fuel economy. For me, the initial price and maintenance won out for Honda.

I cannot be happier with my decision to go with the NCX!

No remorse here. The bike has been everything I expected and more. Of course I am a die hard Honda motorcycle and atv fan. :D

... As far as the shim under bucket, my preferred, valve adjusters... I feel that threaded adjusters are one of the Honda's weak spots. Yes I get it, it's easier for most owners, and no doubt less expensive to produce...

As a result of the engine on the NCX being tilted so far forward, doing the valves is a piece of cake. The threaded adjusters make it all that much easier, but even if it had shims/buckets, the whole process would still be a breeze. Not debating the merits of either approach, just giving props to the NCX's design.

I'm on the same page as most of the other members on here. No remorse, no regrets.

You are right in saying the NC700 is a simple job to set the valves on. However, as Nortwestrider stated, all shim under buckets are time consuming to do. His Suzuki 800 takes a special tool to move the cam backwards to get the shims out, and most other bikes require removing the cams. But, shims are not adjusted very often. Shim adjustment is as much as 36,ooo miles apart on some bikes. I personally like the way it is done on the NC700, keep it simple.5.jpg

SmileyBigTounge.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I'm seriously starting to consider trading in my NC700X for a BMW F800GS Adventure. The additional range is a major consideration as well as the better suspension, larger front wheel and plethora of accessories/options. The added HP/torque would also be welcome, even though I would only benefit from it less than 5% of the time. It would be most noticeable riding 2up. Most of the accessories for the NC700X have been addressed by the aftermarket, but we are still lacking a larger fuel tank option. Yes, I can carry a rotopak, but I would prefer a longer range for commuting. Ideally I would only fuel up once a week instead of 2-3 times. I know it seems like a petty point, but, over time, it leaves me wishing for a longer range. In turn, I would give up some reliability and the BMW would cost a bit more, but would likely have better resale value. The NC700X is undoubtedly easier to handle at slow speeds and the frunk is handy, but with my Sena bluetooth on my helmet, it won't fit in the frunk anyway. I'm still weighing pros and cons of a trade and still need to ride the BMW to see if I even like it. One huge benefit of a trade is to get away from Honda Financial Services. I have never had such a terrible experience with a finance company in my life.

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of the aesthetics on the NC700X/NC750X (the S is slightly better, but then you lose the frunk and etc, not that it seems like the US will ever get the S anyway :(). However, the DCT makes it pretty unique. Other than Aprilia, no one else really offers anything close.

If they ever made a bike like the FZ-09 with a DCT-like system, I'd be all over it. :cool:

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of the aesthetics on the NC700X/NC750X (the S is slightly better, but then you lose the frunk and etc, not that it seems like the US will ever get the S anyway :(). However, the DCT makes it pretty unique. Other than Aprilia, no one else really offers anything close.

If they ever made a bike like the FZ-09 with a DCT-like system, I'd be all over it. :cool:

There is always this. 2013 VFR1200F Overview - Honda Powersports

Our company has an annual motorcycle demo day where we get various dealers to bring in motorcycles for us to try out in the hopes we will make a purchase. It seems like after last year's demo day feedback on the VFR with DCT was less than enthusiastic. I don't remember specifics, but it seems like most people weren't impressed with it. I didn't ride it myself since I was waiting to ride the electric motorcycles. Obviously everyone would need to ride it to make up their own mind.

I think I'm alot like most guys, we like shiny things. I buy something, it's shiny, new and exciting, I have it for a while, it doesn't shine so bright anymore....That other thing over there is REALLY shiny....I wandered through my Honda, Suz, Yam dealer two weeks ago to see if the latest and greatest shiny thing would catch my eye. Nope. I may like the looks of some of the new bikes, maybe even the idea of the power. But when I look at it and realize it's just not as useful as my NC, storage issues, police issues with ALL that shiny power, no where near the mileage, none of them were even tempting. The FZ9 looks cool, very shiny, it also gets half the mileage and doesn't have the storage that allows for me to ride pretty much every day, rather than drive the truck. Seems somewhat ridiculous when a bike gets worse mileage than my truck, even when it will do a billion miles an hour (remember its very SHINY), and that alone makes it tough to have as a "commuter." I don't know about you guys, but I have a job, three kids and wife that all need my time, I don't have time to go for nearly as many rides as I would like and the majority of my riding is back and forth to work, even if I do take the long way. The idea of ripping through the curves ( very SHINY ) and flying through the mountains ( oh so bright! ) on a Saturday is exactly what they want me to think when they advertise that Sun-like ball of fire, but that only happens a couple times a year if I'm lucky. I love my NC, because I RIDE it.

The NC700/750 S has the identical inner trunk shape and capacity as the X models. It's just the exterior bodywork that looks different :) (or :(, if you want want, but can't get them, lol, sorry :eek:)

Back