• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Okay be honest...who has suffered some buyer’s remorse?

I went to my local Suzuki dealer to get a V-strom 650. We were haggling over the deal as usual and I saw the NCX and went over and tried it on. I liked it. I liked the price ($4,200 w/2,500 mles) I got it instead.
Sometimes I think about the Wee-strom but then I think of easy valve adjustments and the great mileage (on the NC) and the Wee goes away.
I'm very happy with my NC. I did 660 miles on it in one day with no problems. I know that's not a record by any stretch but the ease with which it does highway speeds and still gets GREAT mpg is what really keeps me loving it!

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of the aesthetics on the NC700X/NC750X (the S is slightly better, but then you lose the frunk and etc, not that it seems like the US will ever get the S anyway :().

Like L.B.S. said, the S has the same frunk as the X. But, it doesn't matter because you can't buy one in the states anyhow.

Wondering if it would be possible to form a 1/8" piece of ABS plastic around the sump portion and zip tie it some way.

I'm seriously starting to consider trading in my NC700X for a BMW F800GS Adventure. The additional range is a major consideration as well as the better suspension, larger front wheel and plethora of accessories/options. The added HP/torque would also be welcome, even though I would only benefit from it less than 5% of the time. It would be most noticeable riding 2up. Most of the accessories for the NC700X have been addressed by the aftermarket, but we are still lacking a larger fuel tank option. Yes, I can carry a rotopak, but I would prefer a longer range for commuting. Ideally I would only fuel up once a week instead of 2-3 times. I know it seems like a petty point, but, over time, it leaves me wishing for a longer range. In turn, I would give up some reliability and the BMW would cost a bit more, but would likely have better resale value. The NC700X is undoubtedly easier to handle at slow speeds and the frunk is handy, but with my Sena bluetooth on my helmet, it won't fit in the frunk anyway. I'm still weighing pros and cons of a trade and still need to ride the BMW to see if I even like it. One huge benefit of a trade is to get away from Honda Financial Services. I have never had such a terrible experience with a finance company in my life.

So if you have a bike with a 50% bigger tank that gets. 30-40% less mpg isn't that just about a wash. ???.
Also is your commute really 400-500 miles a week. ??, wow that sucks brother. !!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you. I damn near bought a FZ9 the day I picked up my NC. I was close - Lord that is a beautiful bike. Then, reality set in. Your 42 years old, you've ridden liter-bikes (pretty hard at times), going down will hurt more than 15-20 years ago, not to mention fuel economy, ergonomics. I still got red - SHINY and sporty, and the bike, in reality, will do anything I sanely ask it to do. No regrets on the purchase. There is always something, bigger, smaller, faster, sexier, more off-roadable... At the end of the day, it really does a darn good job at doing everything, pretty well.

I'm with you. I damn near bought a FZ9 the day I picked up my NC. I was close - Lord that is a beautiful bike. Then, reality set in. Your 42 years old, you've ridden liter-bikes (pretty hard at times), going down will hurt more than 15-20 years ago, not to mention fuel economy, ergonomics. I still got red - SHINY and sporty, and the bike, in reality, will do anything I sanely ask it to do. No regrets on the purchase. There is always something, bigger, smaller, faster, sexier, more off-roadable... At the end of the day, it really does a darn good job at doing everything, pretty well.

This is why I own 3 different bikes. !!. Haha
The OTHER 2..
ymu5apa8.jpg

Last edited:
I only regret not buying my NC700X sooner ;-)
I still love my bike. So comfortable (ahem with the Seat Concepts seat)
Plenty of get up and go...but not so much as to put me 6 feet under.

but I do have a desire to repair/restore a 70's BMW airhead...

Around this time last year i had a 2011 CBR250ra. Wanted a new bike and really liked the 700x. But i could not get over the 6500 redline and reviews i read said the
bike was boring. So on May 17 2013 i rode home a Ninja 650. as a nice bike but felt the need to change, so in November 2013 i got a 2014 Versys. Over the last winter i
started to hear and read about the new NC750. It was decided in February the Versys was not for me.

In March i came very close to buying a Yamaha FZ09. But for several reasons decided no. (too much bike. too fast. no abs. more insurance.) So on March 17, 2014 i took delivery
of the NC750S and just love it. I finally found the perfect bike for me.

But a few weeks ago i thot. hmmm maybe i should have got a Triumph Street Triple. So i paid a visit to the dealer and had a sit on one. I quickly knew i made the right choice. The Triumph sit ergo
was too forward for my old bones. Looks like i will be keeping the NC for quite a while.

and as for the comment above about no Frunk. I can confirm that the 750S indeed has the same large frunk that the X has.

I'll have two more bikes someday, after I have one less wife.

Sorry. This makes me laugh. My current wife and hopefully my last is the only one who didn't try to prevent me from getting a bike. I have not tossed out the idea of buying a second bike yet but I have mentioned the ST1300 at my dealer three times. I'm warming her up.

So if you have a bike with a 50% bigger tank that gets. 30-40% less mpg isn't that just about a wash. ???.
Also is your commute really 400-500 miles a week. ??, wow that sucks brother. !!.

It's more about how many days between refueling. I work a compressed work week with 3 days one week and 4 the next (not counting trips into town on days off) I have a 70 mile round trip commute and only refuel at the work end due to gas prices being 10 cents cheaper. On the NC, I have to refuel every other day since I can probably make it past 200 miles on a tank, but it's pushing it. I have a ~30 mile stretch with no fuel stops, so it's not like I can just make an unplanned stop for fuel if I run out. On the F800, I could refuel every 3-4 days instead. The convenience counts for quite a bit. My ST1100 had a 340 mile range and I only had to refuel once a week unless I made a couple of trips into town. To be honest, though, the NC really is a great motorcycle. I just wish the aftermarket would come up with a few more fixes for what are shortcomings for a few of us. Maybe I will see if I can work with a fabricator to address the fuel issue.

I knew what I was buying when I bought the NC. It's not perfect but very close to what I was looking for. I have absolutely no need for any more power or weight. In fact, if it had been the NC450X at 380 pounds, lower seat height, with 35 hp and 90 mpg and a similar long stroke and low redline, it would have been even better for me.

Bikes "with double the horsepower and more traditional engine" are a dime a dozen. The NC700 is unique and special.

The best solution, when possible, is to have more than one motorcycle.

Greg
:cool: Same here ! Not my 1st bike. Love it. From 2005 Goldwing to 2013 NC700X

Last edited:
It's more about how many days between refueling. I work a compressed work week with 3 days one week and 4 the next (not counting trips into town on days off) I have a 70 mile round trip commute and only refuel at the work end due to gas prices being 10 cents cheaper. On the NC, I have to refuel every other day since I can probably make it past 200 miles on a tank, but it's pushing it. I have a ~30 mile stretch with no fuel stops, so it's not like I can just make an unplanned stop for fuel if I run out. On the F800, I could refuel every 3-4 days instead. The convenience counts for quite a bit. My ST1100 had a 340 mile range and I only had to refuel once a week unless I made a couple of trips into town. To be honest, though, the NC really is a great motorcycle. I just wish the aftermarket would come up with a few more fixes for what are shortcomings for a few of us. Maybe I will see if I can work with a fabricator to address the fuel issue.

Talk to Hondabikepro about his aux tank

It might be but a local fab shop could build one for you if you if you tell them that it is for water they have no liability . I was thinking about building one for mine. ( not as nice as Dales ) but I found out on our Alaska trip that I only used my RotoPax 1 time. ( on the Dalton ) so I never built it.

I have used my Koplin extra fuel cans so many times. But, I still manage to run out of gas. Just do not like stopping "the ride" for anything. Sure wish we had refueling on the fly like the military pilots have.

I knew what I was buying when I bought the NC. It's not perfect but very close to what I was looking for.

Bikes "with double the horsepower and more traditional engine" are a dime a dozen. The NC700 is unique and special.

The best solution, when possible, is to have more than one motorcycle.

Greg

Well put Greg!!!

I knew what I was getting myself into with the NC700X. I did all the research months in advanced and went to the dealer check them out several times. I also asked my friendly local Honda Dealer Mechanic for any known issues with the DCT. He replies with "None that I'm aware of." That's started the mission to decide between Manual or DCT. The following months brought me to the DCT and that's where I landed. I do not regret the decision purchasing "NaNCy" or getting the DCT model. The DCT added to the "Uniqueness" of the NC700X... :)

The only bike that I briefly regetted selling was my 1987 Honda XL600R. Then I remembered how many times it took to kickstart it in the early cold mornings. Bye, bye, birdy...

I knew what I was buying and I got what I want. The NC700X. Two different purposes. I wanted an Adventure bike, and that is just what I got.

Another "WELL PUT" statement Old Can Ride. Kudos to you!!! :D

That's exactly what I wanted an "Adventure" bike. My prior choice from several years ago would have been the NT700V or as I used to call it "Mini-ST". I almost bought this bike about 2 years ago. I knew that that point I wanted a 700cc to set between my 360 and 1300.

Back