• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Okay be honest...who has suffered some buyer’s remorse?

I'm still holding out hope that 2015 will see both the NC750 and the S version in the US. When would they announce something like that anyway (is there a certain time of year they announce the bulk of their next-year models?).

I have remorse that Honda didn't bring out the NC700X in 2010 before I bought my BMW...:(

But then you would have always wondered about the Beemer. Now you know.

I'm still holding out hope that 2015 will see both the NC750 and the S version in the US. When would they announce something like that anyway (is there a certain time of year they announce the bulk of their next-year models?).

You would already know..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would already know..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:(

I was hoping due to the fact that my local dealership keeps adding things to their site as they're announced (they've had the NM4 listed for weeks and added the CBR300R shortly after the announcement). I was hoping Honda had more 2015 announcements left as that's all that's listed at my local dealer currently (it doesn't have the NC700X or CTX700 listed for 2015 yet). Here's what I mean:

GTY27Sj.png

My dealer said no big surprises coming for 2015. The NM4 is the new bike in the NC700 family with the same exact engine. Those wishing for the European 750S can keep dreaming.

I would make no assumptions. New model rollout no longer follows any kind or schedule or pattern. For all we know Honda could introduce a mid year 2014 NC750X, or on the other hand the NC could be dropped from the US product line altogether. Trying to predict it is futile.

I'd consider trading my X for a S model just for the lower seat height.

This thread was started in August last year. 10 months later and still no remorse here. Can't wait to get back on it after TKR surgery. Looks like that will be next week. Battery charged in anticipation !!

I'd consider trading my X for a S model just for the lower seat height.

Come up to Canada. The S does not sell that well, as a result dealers are very keen to see them out the door. You may even be able to find a new 2012. You will have to take ABS.

Giving dealers, or anybody for that matter, the ability to program any mileage into an odometer would be a bad thing.

I get your point, but I thought Federal law reguired dealer-installed odometers to reflect the actual mileage. Otherwise, this makes it very easy for the same dealers to claim ignorance of actual miles due to the instrument cluster being replaced and they were unable to correct the odometer.

Another "WELL PUT" statement Old Can Ride. Kudos to you!!! :D

That's exactly what I wanted an "Adventure" bike. My prior choice from several years ago would have been the NT700V or as I used to call it "Mini-ST". I almost bought this bike about 2 years ago. I knew that that point I wanted a 700cc to set between my 360 and 1300.
I didn't realize I wanted an adventure bike until I bought the NC700X and realized it could go off-road. I had taken my ST1100 and GZ250 off-road (a bit) and down many gravel roads and into campgrounds before, but neither were very good at it. Seeing what others are doing with their NC700Xs has encouraged me to get off the asphalt more.

Buyer's remorse? Absolutely! So much so that I returned to my local dealership after my first long ride, asking if he would make me a good swap deal for the FZ-09 that I had attempted to work a deal on two weeks prior. I didn't buy the FZ because he was not willing to take my CBR600F4 as trade in, only on consignment. I approached another dealership about taking my NCX on trade for an FZ-09. They didn't have one, but worked up some numbers using the exact bike at the first dealership. My NEW (less than 300 miles) NCX PLUS $3000 = FZ-09. NOT HAPPENING!

So, I rode home dejected, but I ordered a Yoshimura R77 can for my NC700X, and after a semi-long ride this past weekend with the R77 and seat slope mod, I'm not so anxious to trade. The NCX doesn't give the thrill that my CBR gives, or the FZ would have, under acceleration, but it now, at least, sounds like it has an engine bigger than my lawn tractor. :)

I don't commute very often, I don't ride long distances due to a bad shoulder (the seating position helps), and I like to ride back roads and the twisty mountain roads over the Blue Ridge Mountains. The CBR600F4 was great for this! I could fit my laptop and other essential in my tank bag if I ever had the weather in my favor for a commute to work (it's 75 miles round trip, and I don't ride in the rain.) I haven't tried loading the laptop, charger, mouse, etc. in my frunk, so don't know if it will work for me.

It may just take more time for the NCX to "grow on me." And maybe I wouldn't have liked to FZ-09 either. I'm still waiting for my CBR600F4 to get the surging carburetors corrected before it goes up for sale. IF I decide to sell it. Since I already paid for the NCX, I'm not hurting for the approximate $2000 profit (after repairs) that I'm expecting. I just need to rearrange my garage to have the space for two bikes. :(

Buyer's remorse? Absolutely! So much so that I returned to my local dealership after my first long ride, asking if he would make me a good swap deal for the FZ-09 that I had attempted to work a deal on two weeks prior. I didn't buy the FZ because he was not willing to take my CBR600F4 as trade in, only on consignment. I approached another dealership about taking my NCX on trade for an FZ-09. They didn't have one, but worked up some numbers using the exact bike at the first dealership. My NEW (less than 300 miles) NCX PLUS $3000 = FZ-09. NOT HAPPENING!

So, I rode home dejected, but I ordered a Yoshimura R77 can for my NC700X, and after a semi-long ride this past weekend with the R77 and seat slope mod, I'm not so anxious to trade. The NCX doesn't give the thrill that my CBR gives, or the FZ would have, under acceleration, but it now, at least, sounds like it has an engine bigger than my lawn tractor. :)

I don't commute very often, I don't ride long distances due to a bad shoulder (the seating position helps), and I like to ride back roads and the twisty mountain roads over the Blue Ridge Mountains. The CBR600F4 was great for this! I could fit my laptop and other essential in my tank bag if I ever had the weather in my favor for a commute to work (it's 75 miles round trip, and I don't ride in the rain.) I haven't tried loading the laptop, charger, mouse, etc. in my frunk, so don't know if it will work for me.

It may just take more time for the NCX to "grow on me." And maybe I wouldn't have liked to FZ-09 either. I'm still waiting for my CBR600F4 to get the surging carburetors corrected before it goes up for sale. IF I decide to sell it. Since I already paid for the NCX, I'm not hurting for the approximate $2000 profit (after repairs) that I'm expecting. I just need to rearrange my garage to have the space for two bikes. :(

There is no tone or snark in my post, just honest curiosity ;)

Had you taken a test ride on an NC, or read anything, or heard about them these past few years, prior to purchase? What exactly was it about the 700 that appealed to you enough in the first place to buy it, if I may ask?

The NCX vs FZ-09 (and IMHO the FZ-07, too) seems quite a different mindset! I would have thought: NC700X/650VStrom/Kawasaki Versys or ER6-N, etc., etc.

But considering between getting a CBR-like bike or a 650VStrom-like bike?

From a sporty 600 CBR four, to a rather rorty sporty 900cc triple is a comparo I can readily accept, but to go in the opposite direction seems...well, strange. Especially if there is no long riding, no commuting, and no rain. No offense but baffled I be lol! :eek:

It seems like you should cast a lingering look at the new CBR650R maybe :D

For me I haven't really suffered buyer's remorse. If anything it's just that the NC opened my eyes (mind) to a much bigger world of motorcycling. I came over from Harley. I was on my second (low/dark) Sporty and I was just over the image > comfort thing. I guess in my mid-30's I had finally grown up. Originally I had always pictured myself moving up to a Street Glide but at that point it wasn't really in the budget and like I said I was trying to focus more on function than image. So, the NC fit the bill. Comfy, plenty of cargo space, great milage. The commuter dream. So, I traded my last Sporty in on one. (Got a good trade too based on MSRP but lost a lot of money on all the parts I had added.)

So then I was introduced to just how great Japanese bikes are. So, like I said my world expanded. I guess also the pseudo-adventure theme of the X opened me up a little too. I finally sat down and watched Long Way Round/Down. That made me wish I had gotten a Super Tenere.

Now, I have no problem with having a multi-bike stable. I currently have my NC and a Ninja 300 (the wife's although she has yet to ride it anywhere beyond her MSF course). That said, I guess buyer's remorse is a little less of an issue for me as space, not money is my limiter. (Not that I make all that much. I can just convince myself to spend whatever loose change I have on my hobbies.) I've always loved nekids and triples so obviously the FZ-09 made me drool and I couldn't wait for the dealers to get them in stock. There's a chance one might join the stable in the next year. But, I've spent some time on the FZ-09 forum and gotta say there is A LOT of buyer's remorse over there. (As there is on most any forum.) Point is, budget bikes always come with a lot of trade offs and from what I've seen the NC honestly has less trade offs then the FZ unless you're a power junkie. I will get my nekid. Just might not be a triple as the Z1000 is just plain mean and from the reviews I've read has far fewer draw backs than the FZ-09. (Not that I'm saying they're directly comparable.)

Bottom line, I've tried to convince myself there's a bike out there that I should trade my NC on, but at this point I haven't found it. The only two possibilities I can think of (and I'm gonna take a lot of flack for the second) are either if Yamaha comes out with this supposed small adventure bike that uses the FZ-09's engine (I've heard it will be the Tenere) or if the NC750X makes it to our shores. Yes, I know everyone's who has ridden the 750 says it's not enough of a departure from the 700 to bother trading on. But, I have myself convinced for a few reasons. One is really silly, but hey I never said I'm very logical.

Last edited:
I feel his pain. Or I understand in a way. I left a bigger CBR for the NCX. I had no intentions of buying one the day I went to the dealer. Sometimes I'm still baffled how the whole situation took place but it did. I really miss the power BUT there are many advantages to this bike that I did not have with my CBR. Storage is the key for me. The riding position is nice and the fuel economy is nice but they are not what sold me on the bike or why I keep it. I ride year round and really needed the storage.

I’d be curious what sparked the last posters interest too. For me it was the commutability. Doesn’t sound like that is a huge factor for him.

I’ve pretty much stayed away from this thread because it is just a heated discussion waiting to happen. Eventually someone was going to come in hear that probably should not have bought this bike and you’re in a forum with a hundred guys that love it. It was bound to happen.

As with anything the more you use it the more you get accustomed to it. The longer I ride this bike the more I like it but I still miss having power.

I’d be curious what sparked the last posters interest too. For me it was the commutability. Doesn’t sound like that is a huge factor for him.

Sarge, wasn't sure if you were referring to me or not. But, as y'all will come to find rarely do I need much of an invitation to run off at the mouth (or keyboard as it were). LOL.

I'd have to say my interest in the NC was initially sparked by all the press it was getting at the time. I was deployed and had a little change in my pocket and knew I was planning to get a new bike when I got home. (Like I said at that time my heart was saying Street Glide.) But, yes to an extent I was interested in finding a bike that would be more commuter friendly than my Sporty. From where I actually live to where I'm stationed is about a 30 mile drive on a pretty heavily traveled curvy roads but not so much traffic as to result in stop and go. So, from that mindset the NC was the obvious perfect candidate. Additional factors were my desire to not buy an image, but something that fit my needs and to own something that didn't try to break my back every time I hit an expansion joint. All said, for me, NC is mission accomplished.

Sarge, wasn't sure if you were referring to me or not. But, as y'all will come to find rarely do I need much of an invitation to run off at the mouth (or keyboard as it were). LOL.

I was commenting on yhe other fellow and I think well all are a little braver in what we say when it comes to forums, email, and texting than a face to face conversation. Some mire than others.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Back