• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Oil filter again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two articles that are at least as scientific as anything ever presented here that led me to use Purolator Pure One filters on my Hondas:
Motorcycle Oil Filters and Air Filters
Engine Oil Filter Study

First link has an opinion piece with no date, so there is nothing useful regarding current filters. Second link returns 502 Bad Gateway and Vladimir Putin's home phone number :rolleyes:

Want a site that has endless material on filters, oil, transmission fluid, coolant, cutting open filters, oil analysis results, etc.? Bob Is the Oil Guy There's even a sub forum for Motorcycles. Best of all, no moderators that hate oil threads, because everything to be known about oil was settled in 1957, and there is no longer anything to discuss.

Ok that makes sense. My 2017 Accord maintenance minder did not indicate an oil change needed until nearly 12,000 miles. It's hard to trust that advice but Honda has a lot more riding on their reputation than I do.

I still cannot bring myself to go more than 6000 miles on the motorcycle OCIs. I did 6500 once but it was on a trans continental ride.
Transcontinental ride is a pretty good excuses lol [emoji23]

My oil change intervals and air filter got bumped up to 10,000 miles after my NC had 30,000

My valve checks got bumped up to 20,000 at the same time, I also change my fork oil and brake fluid then as well

First link has an opinion piece with no date, so there is nothing useful regarding current filters. Second link returns 502 Bad Gateway and Vladimir Putin's home phone number :rolleyes:

Want a site that has endless material on filters, oil, transmission fluid, coolant, cutting open filters, oil analysis results, etc.? Bob Is the Oil Guy There's even a sub forum for Motorcycles. Best of all, no moderators that hate oil threads, because everything to be known about oil was settled in 1957, and there is no longer anything to discuss.
Bob's is one of the best sources out there, without rereading the info on Bob's (went through the oil and filter info 4 or 5 years ago) from what I remember the info on Bob's and the second link (the one on filters) were in agreement

That second link in case it wasn't working for you still

http://www.austincc.edu/wkibbe/oilfilterstudy.htm

Awesome.
Could you give me the Cliff Notes? Castro GTX and FRAM filters my whole adult life.
Is it going to give cancer to my 169,000 mile Murano? Could it have given my GMC 2500 problems after 250,000 miles?

Same as links with outdated, obsolete information.

Could you give me the Cliff Notes? Castro GTX and FRAM filters my whole adult life.
Is it going to give cancer to my 169,000 mile Murano? Could it have given my GMC 2500 problems after 250,000 miles?

I'm sure Castro GTX is fine in your 4 wheeled, gas powered vehicles. Fram makes three grades of filters and based on the mileage on your vehicles whichever Fram you're using is doing a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back