• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New to Riding

5b1d7bb37d6f6276888e69085825e059.jpg

The fender extender and the gators are good for road debris (even if you never go off road) my fork seal started to leak when I was fixing that I noticed a dozen or more burrs on each fork

I see. Thanks. So it is essentially a dust and debris boot...is that right? Are there any cautions on using them?

I see. Thanks. So it is essentially a dust and debris boot...is that right? Are there any cautions on using them?

Dust and debris, yes, but also keeps bug splatter off your fork tubes. Dried bugs, if not attended to, can damage fork seals and cause leaks.

An alternative with less protection, but a different look, is these Triumph fork protectors that also fit the NC.

20140209_155658.jpg

Dust and debris, yes, but also keeps bug splatter off your fork tubes. Dried bugs, if not attended to, can damage fork seals and cause leaks.

An alternative with less protection, but a different look, is these Triumph fork protectors that also fit the NC.

View attachment 34059

-----
Hi,

Do you have a Triumph part number for those fork protectors/shields?

Thanks

====

This style is difficult to get out of way to clean tube. Some dust will get past and one should periodically wipe it off the tube. As was already said, main benefit is to prevent damage from impact such as a pebble from passing traffic or dried bugs.

This style is difficult to get out of way to clean tube. Some dust will get past and one should periodically wipe it off the tube. As was already said, main benefit is to prevent damage from impact such as a pebble from passing traffic or dried bugs.

Thanks, Fuzzy. Are there alternatives to this style that allow for ease of maintenance...that you are aware of? Also, does anyone know if there is a difference in quality on skid plates? If so, which brands are better and why? I am going to do very little, if any, off road riding but I really think that filter should be protected. Same question for radiator guards. And last question for this post...fender extender...are there better brands than others? Can they be atttached with no exposed hardware (adhesive i presume)?

I'll chime in here. I can't speak about the fork protectors as I have no experience with them on an NC, but the standard Extenda Fenda from pyramid-plastics.co.uk works fine for me. I secured it with gorilla glue and did not use the included rivets. I just finished a 1000 mile trip riding the driftless region of Wisconsin and all is well. I also have an evotech-performance.com radiator guard that is excellent. It's a very good design and easy to attach.

I don't have an aftermarket skid plate, but the one from altrider.com looks very sturdy.

Last edited:
I'll chime in here. I can't speak about the fork protectors as I have no experience with them on an NC, but the standard Extenda Fenda from pyramid-plastics.co.uk works fine for me. I secured it with gorilla glue and did not use the included rivets. I just finished a 1000 mile trip riding the driftless region of Wisconsin and all is well. I also have an evotech-performance.com radiator guard that is excellent. It's a very good design and easy to attach.

I don't have an aftermarket skid plate, but the one from altrider.com looks very sturdy.
Thanks Sliphorn. I am from Chicago...born and raised...retired cop from the city...have a family home in Wisconsin not too far from the Dells. It's where I first rode too funnily enough. So do you think that the evoguard is good because of its ease of installation or becuase of its protective qualities...or both. Sorry for all the questions. Type A. Also, any thoughts on a centerstand in general and OEM or aftermarket?

Bike gets here next week on the 10th!

If money is no object for a bash plate, Dale/HondaBikePro's excellent product. Otherwise, I'd be going Hepco & Becker if this was a priority for me. EDIT: I don't think Hepco & Becker makes a fit for DCT however...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Fuzzy. Are there alternatives to this style that allow for ease of maintenance...that you are aware of? Also, does anyone know if there is a difference in quality on skid plates? If so, which brands are better and why? I am going to do very little, if any, off road riding but I really think that filter should be protected. Same question for radiator guards. And last question for this post...fender extender...are there better brands than others? Can they be atttached with no exposed hardware (adhesive i presume)?
The full gators cover more and don't require any maintenance
Daystar F00058-BK-02 Black 11" Long Travel Fork Boot Amazon.com: Daystar F00058-BK-02 Black 11" Long Travel Fork Boot: Automotive
I ordered the shorter of the two sizes offered and their still a little long but work great and the top and bottoms fit tight which is perfect

Thanks Sliphorn. I am from Chicago...born and raised...retired cop from the city...have a family home in Wisconsin not too far from the Dells. It's where I first rode too funnily enough. So do you think that the evoguard is good because of its ease of installation or becuase of its protective qualities...or both. Sorry for all the questions. Type A. Also, any thoughts on a centerstand in general and OEM or aftermarket?

Bike gets here next week on the 10th!

The evotech guard does what a radiator guard is supposed to do, and does it well. The ease of installation is a bonus. I installed an oem centerstand, loads of info about that on this site; do a search.

Highly recommend a center stand. At the very least it makes maintenance and repairs easier.

I have Shock Sox which are put in place with Velcro, so easy off / easy on. Have been using same ones for nearly 4 years. Found at places like Bike Bandit or Motorcycle Superstore. They do provide full coverage with none of tube exposed. They do not require taking your forks apart to install.

Last edited:
Hi! Welcome to the forum. Lots of good advice available. There are many aftermarket options for this bike. Good luck in making it your own.

'm 6'1. My ergo suggestions are:
Rox handle bar risers. Raise the bars and can adjust forward and back. I have mine positioned slightly forward.
lowering foot pegs. several different vendors of them. Some are adjustable forward and back. If you are looking at running dirt roads where you will stand then get off road versions

Highway pegs

New seat. Several versions on it. I did Seat concepts. also look up slope mod on the forum.

For rear visibility I did Admore light. Many options on this.

taller windscreen. While expensive it is hard to beat Madstad
Again for riding dirt or gravel, get a skidplate.

If money is no object for a bash plate, Dale/HondaBikePro's excellent product. Otherwise, I'd be going Hepco & Becker if this was a priority for me. EDIT: I don't think Hepco & Becker makes a fit for DCT however...

Hi Greenboy. thank you very much. I hate to ask to be spoonfed, but could you post the link to Dale Hondabikepro? I cannot sem to locate it through google. Thanks for the tip!!!!

'm 6'1. My ergo suggestions are:
Rox handle bar risers. Raise the bars and can adjust forward and back. I have mine positioned slightly forward.
lowering foot pegs. several different vendors of them. Some are adjustable forward and back. If you are looking at running dirt roads where you will stand then get off road versions

Highway pegs

New seat. Several versions on it. I did Seat concepts. also look up slope mod on the forum.

For rear visibility I did Admore light. Many options on this.

taller windscreen. While expensive it is hard to beat Madstad
Again for riding dirt or gravel, get a skidplate.

Thaks Bamamate. The bike is shipping with an aftermarket windscreen so that part is covered. I have a question as a noob. Why did you choose to add the riser? what is the benefit to you from an ergo perspective? On the highway pegs...did you mount them on the crash/engine guard?

Back