• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New-to-Me NC

Buckeyeboy52

Reaction score
Visit site
New owner of a 2022 NC750X DCT here. I'm also still new to the world of motorcycles having been riding for a little over a year. My first bike (purchased in December of '22) was a used 2021 Honda Rebel 300 ABS with some really nice accessories already installed; the most impactful being the T-Rex Racing crash bars, the Mustang seat, and the Puig windshield and handgrip guards. At 70-years of age (when I bought the bike) and rather small in stature (5'-7"/150 lbs.), I didn't want o go overboard with power, weight, or seat height...or spend a lot of money in case I decided that motorcycles weren't for me. Well I'm glad to report that motorcycles ARE for me; I love to ride.

The Rebel was the perfect beginner bike for me, and IF all I wanted to do was ride around town, I would have been perfectly happy with it as my first and only bike. But, my buddies (both of whom have been riding for 55+years) and I like to ride through the countryside for hours at a time. The Rebel just didn't offer the wind protection or power to effortlessly cruise at highway speeds. After one season of riding, I was already considering a new bike, with the CB500X at the top of my list. One of my buddies spotted the NC on Craigslist and thought that I should check it out. Well, I did and checked out every review and comment that I could find on the bike. I was worried that the DCT would be too weird or the bike would be too powerful or too heavy, or the seat was too high, etc., etc. But I decided to just roll the dice and buy the damn thing.

After riding a few hundred miles, I'm glad to report that I love it! At my age, this will probably be my last motorcycle, but it's one that I know that I will be more than happy with. It too had the necessary accessories added by the previous owner, who took excellent care of it. I will be adding a pair of auxiliary lights on the crash bars; but other than that, I won't need to do a thing to it. I'm looking forward to several years of riding as much as I can and this Honda is going to be what I'll be riding.

New owner of a 2022 NC750X DCT here. I'm also still new to the world of motorcycles having been riding for a little over a year. My first bike (purchased in December of '22) was a used 2021 Honda Rebel 300 ABS with some really nice accessories already installed; the most impactful being the T-Rex Racing crash bars, the Mustang seat, and the Puig windshield and handgrip guards. At 70-years of age (when I bought the bike) and rather small in stature (5'-7"/150 lbs.), I didn't want o go overboard with power, weight, or seat height...or spend a lot of money in case I decided that motorcycles weren't for me. Well I'm glad to report that motorcycles ARE for me; I love to ride.

The Rebel was the perfect beginner bike for me, and IF all I wanted to do was ride around town, I would have been perfectly happy with it as my first and only bike. But, my buddies (both of whom have been riding for 55+years) and I like to ride through the countryside for hours at a time. The Rebel just didn't offer the wind protection or power to effortlessly cruise at highway speeds. After one season of riding, I was already considering a new bike, with the CB500X at the top of my list. One of my buddies spotted the NC on Craigslist and thought that I should check it out. Well, I did and checked out every review and comment that I could find on the bike. I was worried that the DCT would be too weird or the bike would be too powerful or too heavy, or the seat was too high, etc., etc. But I decided to just roll the dice and buy the damn thing.

After riding a few hundred miles, I'm glad to report that I love it! At my age, this will probably be my last motorcycle, but it's one that I know that I will be more than happy with. It too had the necessary accessories added by the previous owner, who took excellent care of it. I will be adding a pair of auxiliary lights on the crash bars; but other than that, I won't need to do a thing to it. I'm looking forward to several years of riding as much as I can and this Honda is going to be what I'll be riding.
Congratulations on the bike and taking up riding at your age. I’ll be 74 in May and can’t wait to put my NC750x back on the road.
enjoy

Back