• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Another new guy

jknight611

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, just bought a 22 NC from a dealer near my home. How it came about is kinda long story but……. Every year I take a longish ride touring around. This year I wanted to go from South Mississippi (home) to Mt Washington, New Hampshire. I travel like a Cocker Spaniel, never in a straight line. It was about day 10 August 12 to be exact, when I crossed the White Mountain range in Vermont. It was a rainy Saturday when I stopped in a rest stop on top of the mountain. Quite hilly parking area and when I put the side stand down on my Moto Guzzi Stelvio, either my foot slipped or? But the bike ended up on my left leg breaking it in several places. I came to the decision that first off I wasn’t using the horsepower for touring and after 55 successful years riding and at my age (70) a very heavy bike wasn’t the best idea.
Well fast forward, I was with a friend puttering around at the kinda local Honda shop and there was a 22 NC750X DCT in on trade with 4200 miles. Excellent condition with a sprinkling of popular farkles for $6600 OTD! My Buddy ended up riding it back to my house for me since my left leg looks like a hardware store experiment.
Needlessly long story but I have been restricted to the sofa by my family.
I will install some additional farkles while I heal up so I will likely be prowling the forums for ideas/advice.

Anyway, I motocamp a bunch and if there anybody near 39667 in south Mississippi, I am listed on Advrider for all the usual “services “

Well hello to all
Jay

Howdy Jay and welcome to the forum. As a 73 year old 750 dct owner that traded in an FJR, I think you will come to appreciate the lightness of the NC and the convenience of the DCT.

Heal well and quickly

Thanks much, have ridden it yet (wife is watching) but I really like the design, makes great sense! I have had various Hondas over the years and find they are as reliable as anything man made and I think this bike will follow that trend.

Hi all, just bought a 22 NC from a dealer near my home. How it came about is kinda long story but……. Every year I take a longish ride touring around. This year I wanted to go from South Mississippi (home) to Mt Washington, New Hampshire. I travel like a Cocker Spaniel, never in a straight line. It was about day 10 August 12 to be exact, when I crossed the White Mountain range in Vermont. It was a rainy Saturday when I stopped in a rest stop on top of the mountain. Quite hilly parking area and when I put the side stand down on my Moto Guzzi Stelvio, either my foot slipped or? But the bike ended up on my left leg breaking it in several places. I came to the decision that first off I wasn’t using the horsepower for touring and after 55 successful years riding and at my age (70) a very heavy bike wasn’t the best idea.
Well fast forward, I was with a friend puttering around at the kinda local Honda shop and there was a 22 NC750X DCT in on trade with 4200 miles. Excellent condition with a sprinkling of popular farkles for $6600 OTD! My Buddy ended up riding it back to my house for me since my left leg looks like a hardware store experiment.
Needlessly long story but I have been restricted to the sofa by my family.
I will install some additional farkles while I heal up so I will likely be prowling the forums for ideas/advice.

Anyway, I motocamp a bunch and if there anybody near 39667 in south Mississippi, I am listed on Advrider for all the usual “services “

Well hello to all
Jay
Congratulations on the new bike and I hope that you heal up quickly. There is a lot to like about this bike. I've spent quite a bit of time down in Biloxi at Keesler AFB, but many years ago.

Welcome to the forum, I think you’ll like the NC. I really like it for errands, short commutes, and general aimless wandering. The gas mileage is outstanding.
At age 66, I’m still keeping my touring bike for longer tours, though! ( ST1300).
I used to live down that way- Picayune, MS.
Ride long and safe!

I bought this bike as an impulse buy. While I have actually ridden it yet, all my riding buddies that have ridden it are impressed. I am in Tylertown, Ms and I always have beer and bed for traveling biker.

I will have plenty of questions to get the bike farkled similar to the rest of it’s stablemages.

Back