• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New to Riding

I'm going to be putting on auxiliary lights soon and rather then wire up straight to the battery again or using the OEM accessory harness (buried to deep) I'm going to put in a fuse block so I'm rewiring half the electrical I've put on
Xprite 2" Inch 10-Watt Cree High Power LED Off-Road Spot Light (2-Pack) Amazon.com: Xprite 2" Inch 10-Watt Cree High Power LED Off-Road Spot Light (2-Pack): Automotive

OLS 10-Way Blade Fuse Box [LED Indicator for Blown Fuse] [Protection Cover] [100 Amps] - Fuse Block for Automotive Amazon.com: OLS 10-Way Blade Fuse Box [LED Indicator for Blown Fuse] [Protection Cover] [100 Amps] - Fuse Block for Automotive: Automotive

Good advice Gun Nut. The good new is that I was able to get this bike for a grand under budget. So I have that to fiddle around with now.

By the way...are you a shooter or is it just a name? My wife and I both shoot...handguns mostly... and are just now researching what weapons we are going to buy for distance shooting... 1000+ yards

I'm going to be putting on auxiliary lights soon and rather then wire up straight to the battery again or using the OEM accessory harness (buried to deep) I'm going to put in a fuse block so I'm rewiring half the electrical I've put on
Xprite 2" Inch 10-Watt Cree High Power LED Off-Road Spot Light (2-Pack) Amazon.com: Xprite 2" Inch 10-Watt Cree High Power LED Off-Road Spot Light (2-Pack): Automotive

OLS 10-Way Blade Fuse Box [LED Indicator for Blown Fuse] [Protection Cover] [100 Amps] - Fuse Block for Automotive Amazon.com: OLS 10-Way Blade Fuse Box [LED Indicator for Blown Fuse] [Protection Cover] [100 Amps] - Fuse Block for Automotive: Automotive

Hi Rippin. Are you going to take pics as you install? Is that something that would be okay for this forum? The reason I ask is that I was intending on doing that. I can't offer a lot of riding advice but I am excellent at anything that has to do with motors and electrical on any machine. Like to give back some.

Hi Rippin. Are you going to take pics as you install? Is that something that would be okay for this forum? The reason I ask is that I was intending on doing that. I can't offer a lot of riding advice but I am excellent at anything that has to do with motors and electrical on any machine. Like to give back some.
Yes that would be great, electrical is my weakest skill, I'll post some pics soon and write down what I intend to do so I can see if you or anyone else has specific pointers for me. Look around on the forum there are many how to threads and lots of accessory ideas. What do you plan to do with your NC? There are many people with on road vs off road or a mix of the two and a handful of riders that built theirs for turing, like you many bought their NC and started making more into the perfect motorcycle for them. I mostly commute to work on mine but that 60 miles each way and over a small mountain pass, I also ride in the dark most of the time because I start very early.
We are encouraged to keep threads on topic and I'm starting to take this one off course, I'll start my own before starting my electrical project and post the progress I make.

Last edited:
Well my mods are going to be very simple at first. I like some of the ideas that Oklahoma Hank has on his bike. My concern is visibility. Lights front, rear and side are going to be first. we have quite a few elderly seasonal residents that live here in south Florida then who knows where sometime else. So visibility is important to me especially as I reacquire my emergency handling skills. Crash guard also. But...my first guard will not be my last. New to riding so I want to put the guard on to protect the bike in case I drop it. But I'll find a used one first.

Once I have the bike here I can help out quite a bit more with electrical runs. Happy to help. Electrical stuff is pretty easy to me.

I got a set of bark busters (or any medal framed hand guards) saved my controls when my daughter pulled my bike over on accident, it's fallen over twice broke a peg once but that's all. I would recommend a fender extender for the front fender and some kind of fork guard like a set of gators.

I used the same lights, but with a different brand name on them. I love them. I mounted mine on the front fender bracket, to distance them from the headlight and to allow them to track where the wheel is pointed when going slow. I rewired a lot of stuff to an el cheapo fuse block from Advanced Auto while I was at it too. Glad I did.

By the way...are you a shooter or is it just a name? My wife and I both shoot...handguns mostly... and are just now researching what weapons we are going to buy for distance shooting... 1000+ yards

I'd have a hard time deciding which I enjoy more guns/shooting or motorcycles. I started with handguns too, which I refer to as the gateway guns. They got me hooked on IDPA & GSSF matches, which necessitated getting hooked on reloading, which got me hooked on rifles, which got me hooked on building ARs, which got me hooked on gunsmithing...and so on. I currently view my motorcycle hobby as the methadone solution to my gun addiction.

Congrats on the new bike! Looks great! Everyone is different, but for me I would have to say that the weakest point for the NC is the stock seat. I would absolutely start there, that will change your riding position which may affect other mods like doing the windshield/windscreen. Those seem to be the 2 biggest things to make the NC comfortable.

You can find several mods for the the stock seat to help, and there are some good aftermarket solutions for the seat replacement. There are also a variety of replacement windshields available here as well. If your thinking longer term mounting a GPS there are some windshields that have support/mounts that also can provide an additional mounting point for things like GPS, phones, etc. As with anything each change can affect other future changes so ask around and we will try to help give you some ideas of what you can do.

The NC is a nice mild mannered easy to ride bike. It only gets better as you make it your own and make it fit your needs. :)

As mild mannered as the NC is, it's easy enough to surprise a lot of riders of other machines out on the open road ; }

Oklahoma Hank is my YouTube name, also my SASS alias. I also shoot IDPA and USPSA.

I'd have a hard time deciding which I enjoy more guns/shooting or motorcycles. I started with handguns too, which I refer to as the gateway guns. They got me hooked on IDPA & GSSF matches, which necessitated getting hooked on reloading, which got me hooked on rifles, which got me hooked on building ARs, which got me hooked on gunsmithing...and so on. I currently view my motorcycle hobby as the methadone solution to my gun addiction.

THAT is hysterical!!!! But kind of the same path that I am on. I used to shoot distance but just did not have the time. Not sure what I will get for my first new distance package. But, I am fairly certain it will be either the creedmoor or the winmag. I have a couple of ARs too. I don't build them but should. I actually won a Stagg II gas operated and have not even zeroed it in yet. But now that we are not travelling for spors with the kids anymore we have time.

I got a set of bark busters (or any medal framed hand guards) saved my controls when my daughter pulled my bike over on accident, it's fallen over twice broke a peg once but that's all. I would recommend a fender extender for the front fender and some kind of fork guard like a set of gators.

Forgive my novice here...What are gators and what do they do?

As an aside, I am a Gator's season ticket holder. I hope that won't stop the advice from coming!

Oklahoma Hank is my YouTube name, also my SASS alias. I also shoot IDPA and USPSA.

IDPA is on our list. I am there at that skill level. Wife is not. On the right path though! Everyone laughs at this, but I got a gun for my holy communion. Been shooting that long. Jut got a new VP9. Best out of the box 9 that I have ever shot.

I think gaiter is the word they are looking for. I would prefer not to have an alligator on board the bike.

Forgive my novice here...What are gators and what do they do?

As an aside, I am a Gator's season ticket holder. I hope that won't stop the advice from coming!
5b1d7bb37d6f6276888e69085825e059.jpg

The fender extender and the gators are good for road debris (even if you never go off road) my fork seal started to leak when I was fixing that I noticed a dozen or more burrs on each fork

Last edited:
Back