• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New owner in North Carolina

mkoffskey

Reaction score
Visit site
The last motorcycle I owned was a '68 BSA lightning. I was laid off my job (after 37 years) with a year's severance. Decided it was time to ride again and get my head straight. I was looking at VStroms and Versys' but found the NC. I had no idea what it was. It was the first of that model to be put on the showroom floor of RideNow in Concord, NC. I bought it on the spot. I've put 10,000 miles on it since Aug. 20. My only complaint is that it's to fun to ride. I take it out every day. Put 120 miles on it today. Got the saddlebags, rear trunk. Have heated grips, center stand, larger windshield on order. The last long distance trip I took was in October and looked like this:

Screen Shot 2012-11-11 at 4.52.24 PM.jpg

My next adventure, in a few weeks hopefully, will look like this:

Screen Shot 2012-12-08 at 7.05.51 PM.jpg

Seat doesn't bother me at all. I think a good set of thermals, along with heated grips and some barkbuster wind deflectors I just bought and I should be fine. Always wanted to go Atlantic/Pacific on a bike. I've got to do it soon, 7 months before I'll be behind a desk again.

Should have put this in the original post. I'm Marc. Live in Kannapolis NC. Haven't riden a bike in nearly 40 years. So I'm an old f*ck as they say. Don't feel that way, and my new NC helps to keep it that way.

The tires are a bit of a problem. Still plenty of tread but they're getting 'squared off' from all the highway miles. Thinking about Michelin road pilot 3's before I head west.

On this next trip, that stretch from Houston to El Paso should be interesting (for all those who have seen 'No Country for Old Men').

On this next trip, that stretch from Houston to El Paso should be interesting (for all those who have seen 'No Country for Old Men').

I'm jealous of all this riding you are doing! Right now you are living the dream.
I haven't seen the movie you mentioned, but live in Texas and have ridden most of the state. If you're looking to blast thru and get to the Pacific...I'll shut up!!! But if you have time and the desire you should ride the Texas hill country and Big Bend areas. Let me kno if ya want details.

Should have put this in the original post. I'm Marc. Live in Kannapolis NC. Haven't riden a bike in nearly 40 years. So I'm an old f*ck as they say. Don't feel that way, and my new NC helps to keep it that way.

Hey Marc. You sound like me. Haven't ridden in 38 years, but bought my NC in late August. Then had to get my endorsement. Talk about putting the cart before the horse. Only wish I had more free time to ride. Try to get in what I can between the winter rains here in Oregon. Waiting for next summer. Have fun on your cross-country trip.

I'm jealous of all this riding you are doing! Right now you are living the dream.
I haven't seen the movie you mentioned, but live in Texas and have ridden most of the state. If you're looking to blast thru and get to the Pacific...I'll shut up!!! But if you have time and the desire you should ride the Texas hill country and Big Bend areas. Let me kno if ya want details.

Tell me about the Texas hill country.

The last motorcycle I owned was a '68 BSA lightning. I was laid off my job (after 37 years) with a year's severance. Decided it was time to ride again and get my head straight. I was looking at VStroms and Versys' but found the NC. I had no idea what it was. It was the first of that model to be put on the showroom floor of RideNow in Concord, NC. I bought it on the spot. I've put 10,000 miles on it since Aug. 20. My only complaint is that it's to fun to ride. I take it out every day. Put 120 miles on it today. Got the saddlebags, rear trunk. Have heated grips, center stand, larger windshield on order. The last long distance trip I took was in October and looked like this:

View attachment 2027

My next adventure, in a few weeks hopefully, will look like this:

View attachment 2028

Seat doesn't bother me at all. I think a good set of thermals, along with heated grips and some barkbuster wind deflectors I just bought and I should be fine. Always wanted to go Atlantic/Pacific on a bike. I've got to do it soon, 7 months before I'll be behind a desk again.

Bad Azz story

Tell me about the Texas hill country.

Here's a pretty good link that explains it better than I can.

Motorcycle Riding in the Texas Hill Country

FM335, FM337, and Tx Hwy 16 are my favorite roads out there. FM stands for "farm to market" roads here.
There are several motorcycle friendly campgrounds and inns around Kerrville and Leakey (pronounced "laykey")
Look over the link and I will be more than happy to answer any questions or go into greater details.

Back