• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Information Hello from Buffalo, Minnesota

Bill T

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello from Buffalo, MN! I recently traded my FJR 1300 for a 2021 NC750X. Recently I completed a 3,000-mile trip on the FJR and although I love the FJR, I realized that it was getting a bit too heavy for me (I just turned 72). The Honda is a great bike and I am setting it up to do some long-distance trips so I put some Givi panniers on it. I upgraded the windshield, and am adding a plug for my heated jacket and phone. I would welcome other recommendations.
Bill

Welcome to the NC world, Bill. With proper set up, the NC can make a good long distance tourer. Good luck, and enjoy the bike.

Many, but not all, people have issues with the stock seat comfort. There are many aftermarket seat options but what works for one person probably does work for another. Handlebar risers and/or heated grips are other popular options for touring setups, subject to personal preference.

Greg,
With the FJR I did purchase a custom seat which made a world of difference. On the Honda, I seem fairly comfortable using an Airhawk padding on the seat. Thanks for the response, and as you said, I will have to explore my personal preferences.

Hello from Buffalo, MN! I recently traded my FJR 1300 for a 2021 NC750X. Recently I completed a 3,000-mile trip on the FJR and although I love the FJR, I realized that it was getting a bit too heavy for me (I just turned 72). The Honda is a great bike and I am setting it up to do some long-distance trips so I put some Givi panniers on it. I upgraded the windshield, and am adding a plug for my heated jacket and phone. I would welcome other recommendations.
Bill
Welcome and ride safely!

Back