• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New NC750X owner

bullhead

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, I recently purchased a lightly used (~900 miles) 2022 NC750X DCT last week, and have put 600 miles on it so far. I live in Washington and use my motorcycle for commuting every day. Coming from a Piaggio BV350, my initial impressions are:

1. The suspension is not as bad as I have read. The BV's suspension felt much stiffer and bumpier.
2. Coming from a Maxi scooter, the NC is better in pretty much every regard except storage space. I'm looking into the Shad 23l panniers to help address this.
3. The power is more than adequate for everything except passing on two lane highways at high speeds, but since I use the interstate, this isn't much of an issue.
4. The seat is a bit hard, but my butt is getting used to it.

I've got a R-Gaza crash bar and skid plate set that I'll be installing at some point and will give my impressions on those when they are completed. I know it's not an off-road bike, but I would like to go off-pavement with it on the mountain loop highway, and fire routes if conditions are favorable. I'm not looking to race through dirt bike paths, and will take it slow and steady, so hopefully this will not be an issue.

I look forward to learning more and contributing!

Wonder why the original owner got rid of it with only 900 miles?
We can’t know what the original owner’s situation is/was, but the most common complaint I’ve heard about the NC from motorcycle “testers” and dissatisfied owners is, “not enough power”.

Welcome. Funny, guys are waiting for delivery on 2022s and you've already found a used one. Wonder why the original owner got rid of it with only 900 miles?

According to the dealer, the previous owner wanted the NC for commuting, but he was looking for something different/bigger. He installed a short smoked windscreen and a slip-on exhaust, along with some wheel stickers, to make it seem sportier/cooler. Since he took delivery in February, he probably only rode it when the weather got drier a few months ago. Ultimately, he traded it in for a HD. Hopefully he is happy with his new bike.

Even though I paid nearly MSRP for the bike, I ended up saving around $1k, since the freight/prep charges on new bikes end up costing around that.

I know of another used 2022 NC750x DCT with only 2000 miles that will become available for sale at a dealership soon. The owner bought it for touring and installed a bunch of touring mods for it (GPS, all OEM accessories). But since his wife rides along and he goes on long rides, he will be trading it in for a new Goldwing DCT. However, the dealer will not sell his bike despite having possession of it until they receive the new Goldwing for him (very nice of the dealership, he apparently is a good customer of theirs). But like all new Hondas, the delivery dates keep getting pushed back. When it eventually goes for sale, it will sell quickly, I'm sure.

On that note, if anyone is looking for a new NC and is okay buying one from Washington state, I know of two dealerships that either have or will be getting new NC's in soon. Dunno if they've been claimed or sold yet, though. PM me if you want the details.

According to the dealer, the previous owner wanted the NC for commuting, but he was looking for something different/bigger. He installed a short smoked windscreen and a slip-on exhaust, along with some wheel stickers, to make it seem sportier/cooler. Since he took delivery in February, he probably only rode it when the weather got drier a few months ago. Ultimately, he traded it in for a HD. Hopefully he is happy with his new bike.
so now he only a Harley for commuting lol

It took me a year to get used to the lower power deliver of the NC after 45 years on liter class bikes, but I find it ok now.

so now he only a Harley for commuting lol

It took me a year to get used to the lower power deliver of the NC after 45 years on liter class bikes, but I find it ok now.

I’m surprised at how many motorcyclists care more about appearance than practicality, especially when they are used for commuting.

I think it’s easier to move up in power than to move down. I went from 250cc scooter -> 350cc scooter -> 750cc motorcycle. So I appreciated the power bump of the NC immediately.

I’m surprised at how many motorcyclists care more about appearance than practicality, especially when they are used for commuting.

I think it’s easier to move up in power than to move down. I went from 250cc scooter -> 350cc scooter -> 750cc motorcycle. So I appreciated the power bump of the NC immediately.
Someday you might reverse that upward displacement trend. I went up and up to as high as 1832cc. Then since then I have bought 670cc, 140cc, 49cc, 249cc, and an all electric motorcycle. I spent the last three days riding a 249cc for 400 miles, then jumped on the 49cc and rode 45 miles. I like smaller bikes now.

Hello. I'm out on the spit now but I used to live near Issaquah. Your NC is already suited for the mountain loop highway. With the right tires it's a decent experience off pavement. As it is with the wrong tires but the right attitude. It's a very easygoing bike. Skid plates are probably just extra weight unless you're taking the NC on trails it doesn't belong on.

I used to commute up to Lynnwood and at a different job down to Tacoma. The NC is an extreme commuter. Decent long tourer. Not afraid of a little bit of rain. Or a lot of it. Great choice and welcome

Last edited:
Hello. I'm out on the spit now but I used to live near Issaquah. Your NC is already suited for the mountain loop highway. With the right tires it's a decent experience off pavement. As it is with the wrong tires but the right attitude. It's a very easygoing bike. Skid plates are probably just extra weight unless you're taking the NC on trails it doesn't belong on.

I used to commute up to Lynnwood and at a different job down to Tacoma. The NC is an extreme commuter. Decent long tourer. Not afraid of a little bit of rain. Or a lot of it. Great choice and welcome
Thanks, that makes me feel much better about doing the loop before I fit the skid plate. I already got it, but have yet to install it. They say it shields the legs from wet road, so if nothing else, hopefully it will be good for that.

Back