- Aug 7, 2012
- Reaction score
Amazing! I see in the fourth photo you had added ABS and DCT!Hello,
I'm an experienced (i.e. old) motorcyclist, and have been riding for 42 years. Have had a wide variety of bikes, including Suzukis Vstroms (650 and 1000), TC185, RM125 and PE250, Kawasaki Concours and KLR650, BMW R1150GSA and K75C, Honda VT500, CB750A, CB400F, CB700SC Nighthawk, and a Yamaha Virago.
I've just sold the BMW 1150GS Adventure after decided I wanted a newer and smaller sort-of-Adventure bike that was easier to get serviced. Looked at V-Stroms, and although I really like them, wanted something different. After finding a GREAT buy on a 2012 that has almost all of the farkles I want, I'm soon (on Friday) to be the proud owner of a 2012 NC700x with less than 7K miles.
I live in Southwest Virginia, with easy access to some of the best two-lane motorcycling in the country, in my opinion. There are hundreds of miles of twisty country roads nearby, and also the Blue Ridge Parkway, and highways 58 and 16 and 18, include the Back of the Dragon between Marion and Tazewell VA, and Burkes Garden near Tazewell, to mention only a few. There are also lots of Forest Service and great gravel roads too, and I'm looking forward to exploring them with more confidence on the NC700x than I had on the BMW 1150GSA, which I found simply to be too big for me to feel comfortable and confident on, especially on the gravel or double track.
My new steed is nicely equipped, with the following:
• Seat concepts seat
• SW-Motech side racks
• SW-Motech Alurack top case rack
• SW-Motech quick release rack for Alurack
• Hepco & Becker Skid Plate
• Centech AP2 fuse block
• Wolo Horn (dual with high and low tone)
• Cree 10 watt LED driving lights
• AME Heated grips
• Barkbuster Storm Hand guards
• Honda center stand
• Honda Tall windshield with MRA X-Creen add-on variable windscreen spoiler blade
• Honda light bar
• Honda relay kit with subharness
• R&G radiator guard
• Kuryakan hwy pegs
• Hondabikepro pillion rack with cutout for fuel access to replaces the pillion seat when desired for solo riding and extra carrying capacity
• Powerlet 12 volt outlet in trunk
• Rocker switch for led lights in trunk
• Kickstand oversize foot pad
• Givi Trekker 33L panniers (just purchased, not yet mounted)
• Garmin Zumo 220 (to help me avoid getting too lost, too often)
Looking forward to having her delivered and taking her for a ride soon!
If you're in Southwest Virginia area, or plan to be, get in touch with me, and we'll go for a ride in the Spring!
Rob - [email protected]
View attachment 21515View attachment 21516View attachment 21517View attachment 21518