• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hello,

I'm an experienced (i.e. old) motorcyclist, and have been riding for 42 years. Have had a wide variety of bikes, including Suzukis Vstroms (650 and 1000), TC185, RM125 and PE250, Kawasaki Concours and KLR650, BMW R1150GSA and K75C, Honda VT500, CB750A, CB400F, CB700SC Nighthawk, and a Yamaha Virago.

I've just sold the BMW 1150GS Adventure after decided I wanted a newer and smaller sort-of-Adventure bike that was easier to get serviced. Looked at V-Stroms, and although I really like them, wanted something different. After finding a GREAT buy on a 2012 that has almost all of the farkles I want, I'm soon (on Friday) to be the proud owner of a 2012 NC700x with less than 7K miles.

I live in Southwest Virginia, with easy access to some of the best two-lane motorcycling in the country, in my opinion. There are hundreds of miles of twisty country roads nearby, and also the Blue Ridge Parkway, and highways 58 and 16 and 18, include the Back of the Dragon between Marion and Tazewell VA, and Burkes Garden near Tazewell, to mention only a few. There are also lots of Forest Service and great gravel roads too, and I'm looking forward to exploring them with more confidence on the NC700x than I had on the BMW 1150GSA, which I found simply to be too big for me to feel comfortable and confident on, especially on the gravel or double track.

My new steed is nicely equipped, with the following:
• Seat concepts seat
• SW-Motech side racks
• SW-Motech Alurack top case rack
• SW-Motech quick release rack for Alurack
• Hepco & Becker Skid Plate
• Centech AP2 fuse block
• Wolo Horn (dual with high and low tone)
• Cree 10 watt LED driving lights
• AME Heated grips
• Barkbuster Storm Hand guards
• Honda center stand
• Honda Tall windshield with MRA X-Creen add-on variable windscreen spoiler blade
• Honda light bar
• Honda relay kit with subharness
• R&G radiator guard
• Kuryakan hwy pegs
• Hondabikepro pillion rack with cutout for fuel access to replaces the pillion seat when desired for solo riding and extra carrying capacity
• Powerlet 12 volt outlet in trunk
• Rocker switch for led lights in trunk
• Kickstand oversize foot pad
• Givi Trekker 33L panniers (just purchased, not yet mounted)
• Garmin Zumo 220 (to help me avoid getting too lost, too often)

Looking forward to having her delivered and taking her for a ride soon!

If you're in Southwest Virginia area, or plan to be, get in touch with me, and we'll go for a ride in the Spring!

Rob - [email protected]

View attachment 21515View attachment 21516View attachment 21517View attachment 21518

Amazing! I see in the fourth photo you had added ABS and DCT! ;)

Last edited:
roborider, you will not have to waste any good riding time out farkling. You can just hop on and ride with all the farkles you acquired.
Good Riding!

OK - you're the second person to catch me out! :)

I just bought the NC700x, and it's on it's way to me (without panniers).

I also just bought Givi Trekkers as almost the only farkle I need, and here's my bike with them mounted.

053eccfdc95b44a07adc538bb97cbff6.jpg

Cheers,
Rob

Last edited:
Hope I will get to meet you at the Horizons Unlimited Travellers Meeting in Holiday Lake 4-H Center and Camp, near Appomattox

Thursday, April 9 to Sunday, April 12, 2015. There will be quite a few folks on adventure bikes at this get together. Lots of information on motorcycle travels at these meeting.

Horizons Unlimited Travellers Meeting Virginia 2015 | Horizons Unlimited

Hello,

I'm an experienced (i.e. old) motorcyclist, and have been riding for 42 years. Have had a wide variety of bikes, including Suzukis Vstroms (650 and 1000), TC185, RM125 and PE250, Kawasaki Concours and KLR650, BMW R1150GSA and K75C, Honda VT500, CB750A, CB400F, CB700SC Nighthawk, and a Yamaha Virago.

I've just sold the BMW 1150GS Adventure after decided I wanted a newer and smaller sort-of-Adventure bike that was easier to get serviced. Looked at V-Stroms, and although I really like them, wanted something different. After finding a GREAT buy on a 2012 that has almost all of the farkles I want, I'm soon (on Friday) to be the proud owner of a 2012 NC700x with less than 7K miles.

I live in Southwest Virginia, with easy access to some of the best two-lane motorcycling in the country, in my opinion. There are hundreds of miles of twisty country roads nearby, and also the Blue Ridge Parkway, and highways 58 and 16 and 18, include the Back of the Dragon between Marion and Tazewell VA, and Burkes Garden near Tazewell, to mention only a few. There are also lots of Forest Service and great gravel roads too, and I'm looking forward to exploring them with more confidence on the NC700x than I had on the BMW 1150GSA, which I found simply to be too big for me to feel comfortable and confident on, especially on the gravel or double track.

My new steed is nicely equipped, with the following:
•Seat concepts seat
•SW-Motech side racks
•SW-Motech Alurack top case rack
•SW-Motech quick release rack for Alurack
•Hepco & Becker Skid Plate
•Centech AP2 fuse block
•Wolo Horn (dual with high and low tone)
•Cree 10 watt LED driving lights
•AME Heated grips
•Barkbuster Storm Hand guards
•Honda center stand
•Honda Tall windshield with MRA X-Creen add-on variable windscreen spoiler blade
•Honda light bar
•Honda relay kit with subharness
•R&G radiator guard
•Kuryakan hwy pegs
•Hondabikepro pillion rack with cutout for fuel access to replaces the pillion seat when desired for solo riding and extra carrying capacity
•Powerlet 12 volt outlet in trunk
•Rocker switch for led lights in trunk
•Kickstand oversize foot pad
•Givi Trekker 33L panniers (just purchased, not yet mounted)
•Garmin Zumo 220 (to help me avoid getting too lost, too often)

Looking forward to having her delivered and taking her for a ride soon!

If you're in Southwest Virginia area, or plan to be, get in touch with me, and we'll go for a ride in the Spring!

Rob - [email protected]

View attachment 21515View attachment 21516View attachment 21517View attachment 21518
Welcome from Arkansas. That's an impressive farkle list. I'm sure you will enjoy.

Robo, you beat me to that one! I was trying to make up my mind whether or not to go for it and by the time I decided - you had bought it. No problem though, I found one just a little farther away from me (Bentonville, AR) and it's a DCT to boot, which I wanted to try anyway. I'm picking it up this weekend.

I'm also switching from a boxer BMW - R1200R - and I am also expecting an increased comfort level on the gravel and dirt roads I want to explore.
Welcome from Arkansas. Congratulations on your new ride. Enjoy

Hello, trying to get myself familiar with the forum's set up. Have enjoyed everyone's info. I have the NC700X. Bought it last month and have been loading it up with aftermarket stuff. R&G case protectors, exhaust protectors, KIJIMA engine guards etc... The bike came with a center stand and rear wheel huger and extended front rim... Plus an R&G radiator guard. Still have other things on the way, like Barkbuster hand guards etc... Work in progress. Looking forward to reading more here. Thanks for putting up the site, Dennis :)

Hello everybody... I'm Paolo from Rome (Italy)
I'm riding a Nc750x from almost a year and 9.000km.
I made myself some body tuning...

739165073fb3a023d0113f98096df4fa.jpg

807e22f8201cbe24d67d310fd5ea47b9.jpg

Just signed up today. I am in Louisville, KY. While I have listed the NC700X DCT as the bike I have, I haven't actually picked it up yet - still working on all the logistics. It is what I am getting, hopefully in the next few days (by the weekend). I have been wanting a bike forever and I have gotten quite a few recommendations as a commuter bike and first bike. I have ridden before, just never owned.

Hello Deckyon!
Youre gonna love your 700! Its good to meet ya, post a pic soon as you can.
Ive only ridden 800 miles on mine but i cant tell you how lovely it is, its also my first big bike, i had a honda rebel 250 for two years and a honda cbr125 two years before that.

Hello and greetings from Rhode Island, USA

After much research, learning and lurking on this wonderful website, I sprung for a new 2012 NC700X, paid $5800 cash OTD. Now I’m off to order GIVI Monokey V47 case and components with brake light option from Motostorm (suggestion from a post), mirror extenders and 12V plug from SW-Motech (from a post) and a winter riding suit.

I’ll post some pics when I have it completed.

Thank you to all who ever posted on the website for your wisdom and knowledge!

Sorry for the re-post here, I messed up on forum etiquette and posted to the wrong thread.

Mike

Hope I will get to meet you at the Horizons Unlimited Travellers Meeting in Holiday Lake 4-H Center and Camp, near Appomattox

Thursday, April 9 to Sunday, April 12, 2015. There will be quite a few folks on adventure bikes at this get together. Lots of information on motorcycle travels at these meeting.

Horizons Unlimited Travellers Meeting Virginia 2015 | Horizons Unlimited
I'll be there in April! Look forward to meeting you then and there. Happy New Year to one and all, old and new NC700 owners!

And hope some of you will join us at the Horizons Unlimited rally in April near Appomattox!

Roborider - NC700x - Southwest Virginia

Back