• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hi to everyone!
I'm form Vancouver BC, picked up my NC750X couple of days ago on October 30th and crazy happy about the bike!!!

Glad to ride it!!! Glat to join this forum!!! It is awesome!

Let's have a group ride on our NCs one day!

Hey Moto. Welcome to the site and to the NC! If you want a group ride go to
I'm going for a ride, you comin'? and post up when and where.
But first, cruise around the site until you see some peeps that are close by (if any are).
Sometimes the rides work out and sometimes they don't. Factors are many.

Hi to everyone!
I'm form Vancouver BC, picked up my NC750X couple of days ago on October 30th and crazy happy about the bike!!!

Glad to ride it!!! Glat to join this forum!!! It is awesome!

Let's have a group ride on our NCs one day!

CONGRATS on the new bike and Welcome Aboard!!!

Getting a group of NC's together to head out on a group ride has been a difficult task for me. Also many of us are in shattered all throughout the world, many of us here in the USA in multiple states. That also adds to that level of difficulty. One day I will get at least one local NC owner to join me on one of my planned rides.

In the meantime, say "Hello" to NaNCy...

Attachments

• IMG_3498.jpg
    IMG_3498.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3499.jpg
    IMG_3499.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3501.jpg
    IMG_3501.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 74
Hello. I'm JaNelas from Portugal. I live in Aveiro and I work as freelance engineering consultant at home, mostly. From time to time I have to drive to different factories and got tired of doing it by car in potholed roads behind lorries all the time. So I've decided to go on motorbike. Went and bought a 2nd hand nc700xa which I found great for someone who hadn't ride motorcycles since his early twenties. So twenty odd years latter here I am ridding a motorbike and packing all computers and other must haves where I need to. Meanwhile I did some weekend touring when I could, and planning on doing full vacations with it.

Thanks for the warm welcoming. Not very good on searching for threads on forums, so bare with me. Not too good English either…
Now that I spent the money on riding gear and hunted helmet and pinlock kit (wasn't easy appearantly I have an melon shaped head). I need to do some other fittings to the ride. First off need best cheap solution for mud on rear shocker and radiator. Please direct me to threads
Thanks

I got both my radiator guard and rear hugger off Ebay from a seller in Tailand. I think his Ebay name is King Biker if I remember right. They were both less expensive than most on the market.

The search function on this site is a pretty easy one.

Edit- A fender extender would work better for mud on the radiator then a guard. You can get both from the seller for $130 US -again, if I remember right.

Hi my name is Kurt and live in Eugene Oregon and recently purchased a 2014 NC700XDE and have been enjoying every minute riding it and adding new accessories to it. I've been riding motorcycles most of my life but enjoy my new bike the most. Can't wait till spring to really test it. Kurt

Hi my name is Kurt and live in Eugene Oregon and recently purchased a 2014 NC700XDE and have been enjoying every minute riding it and adding new accessories to it. I've been riding motorcycles most of my life but enjoy my new bike the most. Can't wait till spring to really test it. Kurt

CONGRATS and Welcome Aboard!!! Greetings from SoCal.

You have a lot of catching up to do, if you want to make it to my level. :eek:

In the meantime, say "Hello" to NaNCy...

Attachments

• IMG_3498.jpg
    IMG_3498.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_3501.jpg
    IMG_3501.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_3499.jpg
    IMG_3499.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 276
Hiya, i'm Keith.

This is the very first time i have been on a forum and haven't got a clue what i'm doing or if i am in the wrong area
Please tell me if i am doing anything wrong.

I have just bought my very first brand spanking new bike after having my previous bike (a 1250 bandit) written off by a young lady who wasn't looking where she was going so she decided to rear end me.
Anyway, i am due to pick my new baby (NC 750 XA) up from the dealers in a week or so.
My partner and i have just got back from going to the Birmingham NEC bike show and i seem to be a few bob lighter in my pocket than when first got there.
Just wonder what sort of things get talked about on here.

Hello,

I'm an experienced (i.e. old) motorcyclist, and have been riding for 42 years. Have had a wide variety of bikes, including Suzukis Vstroms (650 and 1000), TC185, RM125 and PE250, Kawasaki Concours and KLR650, BMW R1150GSA and K75C, Honda VT500, CB750A, CB400F, CB700SC Nighthawk, and a Yamaha Virago.

I've just sold the BMW 1150GS Adventure after decided I wanted a newer and smaller sort-of-Adventure bike that was easier to get serviced. Looked at V-Stroms, and although I really like them, wanted something different. After finding a GREAT buy on a 2012 that has almost all of the farkles I want, I'm soon (on Friday) to be the proud owner of a 2012 NC700x with less than 7K miles.

I live in Southwest Virginia, with easy access to some of the best two-lane motorcycling in the country, in my opinion. There are hundreds of miles of twisty country roads nearby, and also the Blue Ridge Parkway, and highways 58 and 16 and 18, include the Back of the Dragon between Marion and Tazewell VA, and Burkes Garden near Tazewell, to mention only a few. There are also lots of Forest Service and great gravel roads too, and I'm looking forward to exploring them with more confidence on the NC700x than I had on the BMW 1150GSA, which I found simply to be too big for me to feel comfortable and confident on, especially on the gravel or double track.

My new steed is nicely equipped, with the following:
• Seat concepts seat
• SW-Motech side racks
• SW-Motech Alurack top case rack
• SW-Motech quick release rack for Alurack
• Hepco & Becker Skid Plate
• Centech AP2 fuse block
• Wolo Horn (dual with high and low tone)
• Cree 10 watt LED driving lights
• AME Heated grips
• Barkbuster Storm Hand guards
• Honda center stand
• Honda Tall windshield with MRA X-Creen add-on variable windscreen spoiler blade
• Honda light bar
• Honda relay kit with subharness
• R&G radiator guard
• Kuryakan hwy pegs
• Hondabikepro pillion rack with cutout for fuel access to replaces the pillion seat when desired for solo riding and extra carrying capacity
• Powerlet 12 volt outlet in trunk
• Rocker switch for led lights in trunk
• Kickstand oversize foot pad
• Givi Trekker 33L panniers (just purchased, not yet mounted)
• Garmin Zumo 220 (to help me avoid getting too lost, too often)

Looking forward to having her delivered and taking her for a ride soon!

If you're in Southwest Virginia area, or plan to be, get in touch with me, and we'll go for a ride in the Spring!

Rob - [email protected]

nc700 1.jpgnc700 3.jpgnc700 8.jpg

Attachments

• with Givi Trekkers.jpg
    with Givi Trekkers.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,111
Last edited:
Robo, you beat me to that one! I was trying to make up my mind whether or not to go for it and by the time I decided - you had bought it. No problem though, I found one just a little farther away from me (Bentonville, AR) and it's a DCT to boot, which I wanted to try anyway. I'm picking it up this weekend.

I'm also switching from a boxer BMW - R1200R - and I am also expecting an increased comfort level on the gravel and dirt roads I want to explore.

Back