• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Best Aftermarket Windscreen (Links to each for comparison)

Which Aftermarket Windscreen is best for the NC700x

• Total voters
Thanks for the info. Can you please give me the measurement from the bottom of the windshield to the top of it?
I'm currently on the road without my bike. I'll be home this weekend and send you the exact measurements.
Off the top of my head I'll guesstimate it is 19" tall and 16" wide?

Sounds good. Thank you. My tall oem windshield is roughly 19" tall and I still get the wind hitting my helmet. So I would assume since you are 2" taller than me the Ermax is shaped differently and at a different angle since you said the wind flows over your helmet and you are getting very little buffeting. Can you mount the Ermax in the top windshield holes in the bike?

Sounds good. Thank you. My tall oem windshield is roughly 19" tall and I still get the wind hitting my helmet. So I would assume since you are 2" taller than me the Ermax is shaped differently and at a different angle. Can you mount the Ermax in the top windshield holes in the bike?
Yes, you can mount the screen using the top mounting holes of the bike. I used the lower holes for quite a time, but then decided to try the top holes. It was an improvement. Ermax screen has a mild reverse flip at the top, and a small vent at the bottom for pressure equalization. I think this helps.

Hi mkmclm, will you please post how the Ermax worked and how much you paid for it? I am 5'10" and have tall OEM and have the same problem...wind hits my helmet unless I lower my head a little which is kinda uncomfortable. I was thinking to go for Vstream N20009 model but would like to hear more about Ermax. Thank you.

I just ordered the Ermax touring windshield. It may take a few weeks to get but I will post my review once I receive it and test it out. With tax and shipping it came out to around $140.00.

I just ordered the Ermax touring windshield. It may take a few weeks to get but I will post my review once I receive it and test it out. With tax and shipping it came out to around $140.00.
It's a good screen, I've had mine for several weeks, but at 6ft tall it's just a little short for me. Just today I added Bruunt adjusters and they help a lot. Also added Dales nut plates for more secure attachment. image.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Hi, I'm 5'9" with 31"inside leg. I'm using a Calsci screen on Honda touring screen mounting frame. This is more robust than just the standard mount. It offers good protection and I normally ride visor open without problem. What I have found is that 80+ cruising, with full luggage fitted will result in fuel consumption down in the 50s per imperial gallon, yet poodling about at 60 mph, max can give over 80 mpg. Hope that is some help.

Hi, I'm 5'9" with 31"inside leg. I'm using a Calsci screen on Honda touring screen mounting frame. This is more robust than just the standard mount. It offers good protection and I normally ride visor open without problem. What I have found is that 80+ cruising, with full luggage fitted will result in fuel consumption down in the 50s per imperial gallon, yet poodling about at 60 mph, max can give over 80 mpg. Hope that is some help.

Can you post pics of how you mounted to the Honda touring bracket? I have been thinking the calsci on the Honda touring mount might just be the most wind protection you can get and fix the cracking issues with the calsci

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Most of you has an X version. I'm looking for a screen for an S version, but only Ermax, Calsci,Puig, MRA makes an aftermarket screen for this bike.
I have no results on Ermax, but it's shape and style looks quite good and also looks robust.
I'm afraid of the Calsci, it looks weak and thin, although it is big enough.
Puig, MRa and Ermax has nearly the same height.

I think, I'll look for an adapter to mount the X's screen on my S.

Keep uploading the photos and results!

Thank you, mkmclm. I'm looking forward to your review. A few weeks? That's kinda long time. $140 is very reasonable.

According to pismocycleguy you can mount the Ermax in the top holes which would give it a couple more inches. I really like the look of the Ermax and I hope it performs well. I ordered it from Frog Specialties. Philippe said the order will go out tomorrow and that Ermax usually ships on Thursdays. So hopefully it will only be a couple of weeks. I found the bruudt windshield adjusters on eBay. They are around $80 but they are located in Europe so it would be a little extra time and money if I need them.

Hi, the mounting, as I remember it, was straightforward. Using the mounting holes on the screen with the stainless screws and screw caps, plastic spacer plates and the Honda mounting plates with frame. Thinking about it, a friends assistance would be a good idea just to hold things whilst you engage the screws. Put the inner screw caps on the screws. Then insert the screws through the screen and install the plastic spacers and then insert the screws through the LOWER holes on the mounting frame. This is where a friend comes in handy. Try using a dab of grease on the Honda mounting plates to hold them in place using the LOWER holes on the frame plates on the bike I think you would have to modify the plates to use the upper holes. Offer the whole combination up to the mounts on the bike and just engage the screws by a few threads. Once this is done you can put some sort of a buffer between the screen and the top mounting holes on the frame. this is to stop any vibration wearing the screen. These mounts are surplus to requirements. I used some domed grommets but one has fallen off and I haven't replaced it yet. Now you can tighten up the screws, JUST DONT OVERTIGHTEN THEM. if you do and get a small crack the carefully drill a very small hole through the closed end of the crack to relieve the stresses and stop the crack from spreading. Once you are happy with the installation, fit the screw caps and away you go
pygusyby.jpg
yhaguda3.jpg
ja5y5e9e.jpg

Hi, the mounting, as I remember it, was straightforward. Using the mounting holes on the screen with the stainless screws and screw caps, plastic spacer plates and the Honda mounting plates with frame. Thinking about it, a friends assistance would be a good idea just to hold things whilst you engage the screws. Put the inner screw caps on the screws. Then insert the screws through the screen and install the plastic spacers and then insert the screws through the LOWER holes on the mounting frame. This is where a friend comes in handy. Try using a dab of grease on the Honda mounting plates to hold them in place using the LOWER holes on the frame plates on the bike I think you would have to modify the plates to use the upper holes. Offer the whole combination up to the mounts on the bike and just engage the screws by a few threads. Once this is done you can put some sort of a buffer between the screen and the top mounting holes on the frame. this is to stop any vibration wearing the screen. These mounts are surplus to requirements. I used some domed grommets but one has fallen off and I haven't replaced it yet. Now you can tighten up the screws, JUST DONT OVERTIGHTEN THEM. if you do and get a small crack the carefully drill a very small hole through the closed end of the crack to relieve the stresses and stop the crack from spreading. Once you are happy with the installation, fit the screw caps and away you go
rebese6y.jpg
aqegy5a3.jpg
yjyvyzy3.jpg

2yrada6y.jpg

hi Netizen, i have tried posting reply with instructions and pics, but god knows where it is. so if you don't see it let me know and I'll try again

hi Netizen, i have tried posting reply with instructions and pics, but god knows where it is. so if you don't see it let me know and I'll try again

LOL, I guess it didn't make it I don't see it on here at least.

If your setup works, it would probably be the best wind protection available on the NCX. I know most people that had them loved them until they started cracking on them. OCR had 3 or 4 of these and they all cracked on him. But maybe the Honda touring mount will fix the cracking issue.... that was my thoughts but I hadn't spent the money to test out that theory yet. You have already done it so now you are our test case. I emailed Calsci asking if they thought using the honda mount would fix the cracking issue and they said they didn't have one available to test it and didn't sound like they would if they did to be honest. They make a bunch of windscreens and I'm not sure they are willing to spend the research time on just this model bike.

Back