• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

List of custom seats available for the NCX with PICS and links

Which Aftermarket seat is best for the NC700x

• Corbin

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seat concepts

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Parkland (Rocky)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Russell Day-Long

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Shad

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Seargent

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

netizen

Reaction score
nc700-forum.com
Ok, I thought it would be a good idea to try to make a list of all the available aftermarket seats for the NCX.

If you know of any I missed let me know and I'll add them to the list. I guess I'll add a poll to the list for people to vote on for their favorite as well.

Corbin
Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Honda NC700 X | 800-538-7035
corbin.jpg

Seat Concepts
Seat Concepts - Products
seat concepts.jpg

Parkland Rocky seat
Parkland Upholstery
Rocky Peters
[email protected]
(253) 686-6441
Parkland.jpg

Russell Day-Long
Custom Motorcycle Seats and Touring Saddles - "Day-Long" Touring Saddles and Motorcycle Seats by Russell Cycle Products
russelldayLong.jpg

Shad comfot Seat
Seats - Shad - Freedom to move
shad3049.jpg

seargent
Motorcycle Seats - Sargent Seats - Aftermarket Motorcycle Seats
seargent.JPG

Bill Mayer
http://billmayer-saddles.com/BMS/honda/#!prettyPhoto
Billmayer.jpg

* Some pics are of members bikes taken from this forum

Last edited:
that took a bit of work getting all the photos together and posting them! Thanks for putting those up.

I like the Russel, and if cost didn't matter, that would be my first choice.

thank you for putting this together, it's good to know that everything is in one place in case I decide to ask professional help for both seat mods.

If money were no object, I would order the Russell Day Long in a heart beat - or take a photo of it over to Rich's Custom Seats and have something similar made. And I'd really like to try the Rocky Seat.

I'm pretty happy with the comfort and value of my Seat Concepts seat but recognize that there remains room for improvement.

Last edited:
that took a bit of work getting all the photos together and posting them! Thanks for putting those up.

I like the Russel, and if cost didn't matter, that would be my first choice.

Glad to do it. Thought it might be of help to anyone contemplating getting a custom seat. I think I'd probably go for the Russell also if I hadn't gotten such a good deal on the seat concepts seat. Although the Rocky is very tempting too!

smileyconfused.jpg

I can't find the Russel Day-long with the site. Can you post some links for these seats as well? DOes anyone have it? Wat is the price? ANd has anyone tried the "RockY" ? :confused:

I can't find the Russel Day-long with the site. Can you post some links for these seats as well? DOes anyone have it? Wat is the price? ANd has anyone tried the "RockY" ? :confused:

I think you have to call Russell as they don't have the Ncx seat on their site yet. Beemerphile has one (I used his pic below). Also turbodieseli4i6 has the Rocky seat (I used his pic as well below). You could try PMing them for the info on the seats. Parkland (Rocky) doesn't seem to have a website ... at least I couldn't find it.

smileystd.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for putting that together. Though I still have the original seat, I was able to shim the front tab of the seat by a quarter inch to give it just enough back tilt to make it more comfortable. Anyone can do it. motorcycle seat shim 005.jpg I undid the 2 bolts you see in the picture that hold the front tab of the seat and cut 12 galvanized steel rectangular shaped shims and taped and drilled them to fit under the tab so as to raise the seat a bit.

Glad to do it. Thought it might be of help to anyone contemplating getting a custom seat. I think I'd probably go for the Russell also if I hadn't gotten such a good deal on the seat concepts seat. Although the Rocky is very tempting too!

I was intending to buy a Russell Day Long, but after buying the Rocky's seat, I am very pleased. My backside isn't the reason for stopping after long rides now.
I'm happy to have bought something for once that I don't have any buyers remorse.
Since it is a custom seat, you don't have to get the hole in the center. Rocky will make any changes you want or need.

Edit. Give Rocky a call for prices. Prices change over time, but mine cost a lot less than the Russell.
Parkland Rocky seat
Parkland Upholstery
Rocky Peters
[email protected]

(253) 686-6441

Last edited:
PS
When I get my Sargent seat, if I like it I would like to vote for it in poll but don't see it there..... just some foreign copy called "Seargent". ;)

Darn! My spellchecker wasn't working! LOL I'd fix the spelling, but as far as I know I can't edit anything in polls smileyirritated.jpg

Sigh. Get what you pay for, I suppose, but even the least expensive ones are expensive. Think I'll be living with the stock seat for a while.

That said, thank you netizen for collecting all the different seats together in on place. Provides a handy tool for making comparisons - and just seeing what's out there.

Seats seem to be the most personal aftermarket item. What works for one rider is horrible for another. After trying out a Seat Concepts, I'm now happily back on a stock seat (imagine that!) waiting for the next prospect. I'm beginning to understand what seat shape will work for me. It seems it's different than what most aftermarket companies are building.

Thanks for posting the list and photos. My quest continues.

EDIT: After looking at the poll question again, I think it should be worded: "Which aftermarket NC700X seat is best for YOU", not "Which Aftermarket seat is best for the the NC700X"

Last edited:
Seats seem to be the most personal aftermarket item. What works for one rider is horrible for another. After trying out a Seat Concepts, I'm now happily back on a stock seat (imagine that!) waiting for the next prospect. I'm beginning to understand what seat shape will work for me. It seems it's different than what most aftermarket companies are building.

Thanks for posting the list and photos. My quest continues.

EDIT: After looking at the poll question again, I think it should be worded: "Which aftermarket NC700X seat is best for YOU", not "Which Aftermarket seat is best for the the NC700X"

I wish I could edit the Poll or even the subject line, but unfortunatley they are both not editable
smileyirritated.jpg

I took the chance and went with Corbin. Front seat only (no heat)
Maybe I got lucky or they fixed the quality problem. Installed in 2 minutes, no bending of the tongue required, rear seat latches and unlatches normally. Sat down and ahhhhhhhhhhh ... Next week I will test it with some miles!

Back