• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Best Aftermarket Windscreen (Links to each for comparison)

Which Aftermarket Windscreen is best for the NC700x

• Total voters

netizen

Reaction score
nc700-forum.com
Last edited:
I put on a Givi last fall and it was a big improvement over the stock one.
Started riding this March ( it's cold in Colorado in the mornings) and thought
I would try a Cee Bailey and put it on the first of May, pretty much the same
as the Givi but did not like the mounting as well. So I put the Give back on
and the Cee Bailey is for sale.

My vote is for Madstad, but as is the case for most of us, my vote is based on a very small amount of data (I've only tried two different screens, the Madstad and a Cal Sci tinted sporty).

Same here, only know the stock fly screen and the big Madstad adventure screen. Don't really feel that gives me enough information to vote in this poll.

I have tried the Givi and the Madstad. I agree that the Givi is a big improvement over the stock fly screen. The Madstad, however, is hands-down the most effective add-on windscreen I have ever used. It almost does not matter how you adjust it. A keeper.

I have tried the MRA it looks good but no better than the O.E.M I have the calsci medium works good but interferes with handlebars

I like my Parabellum a lot, liked my Calsci less, and liked the stock screen less than that, but without having tried all flavors I can't say which one is best.

I've got 55,000 miles behind the National Cycle Wind Deflector DX. There may be another windshield that works better but there is no reason for me to try it.

Last edited:
Im my opinion, the powerbronze is THE BEST!!! It is waaaaay more effective than the OEM and the only aftermarket shield that doesnt look like it picks up Russian Space Station photos...lol

Seriously.. I want wind protection, but I dont want to attach a satellite dish to my bike....
...lol

Which aftermarket windscreen is the best for the NC700x and WHY?

Here are links to all the windscreens I could find mentioned in the forums so far:

Cal Sci
Cee Bailey
Zero Gravity
Givi
National Cycle
MRA
Honda Touring
Honda Stock
Puig
Madstad
Ermax
Skidmarx
Parabellum
Powerbronze

Maximum is 10 for polls, so I did not include National cycle (couldn't find specific for NC700x), powerbronze, Honda Touring, or Honda Stock windscreens in poll.

Linked up "National Cycle" for you.

I contacted National Cycle a couple of weeks ago and they are working on a V-Stream for the NC. Should be done soon, another one to add to the list.

Linked up "National Cycle" for you.

Is it the same screen as the Deauville? I still can't find the link for the NC700x on here? It doesn't seem to have the NC700x listed anywhere on their site.
I've heard great things about the National Cycle windscreen so I was interested to see what it looked like and how much it costs, but I looked and looked and it doesn't seem to be listed anywhere on their website.

Is it the same screen as the Deauville? I still can't find the link for the NC700x on here? It doesn't seem to have the NC700x listed anywhere on their site.
I've heard great things about the National Cycle windscreen so I was interested to see what it looked like and how much it costs, but I looked and looked and it doesn't seem to be listed anywhere on their website.
The National Cycle Wind Deflector is a universal fit item. They make model specific windshields but the Deflector isn't one of them. It think this link works:

National Cycle, Inc. | Online Catalog | Deflector Screenâ„¢

I ran a National Cycle Deflector DX for a couple thousand miles before I changed to a Tall CalSci. It worked good, just not as good as the CalSci.Did get a small amount of bar shake passing large vehicles on the highway on windy days but was very manageable The biggest plus was you could basicly mount it in a infininate of angles and positions and it removed with the two knobs in seconds. I still use one on my off pavement bike to get to the bush and then slide it in my pack.

Attachments

• yami 014.jpg
    yami 014.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 3,901
  • 700X 031.jpg
    700X 031.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 4,186
  • 700X 005.jpg
    700X 005.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 4,116
I have tried the Givi and the Madstad. I agree that the Givi is a big improvement over the stock fly screen. The Madstad, however, is hands-down the most effective add-on windscreen I have ever used. It almost does not matter how you adjust it. A keeper.
I have to agree with this, Had some good windshields in my days on RT, FJR, Goldwing, but this one the way I can adjust the calm air pocket is the best.

Had a number of windshields on a number of bikes and the best I have found so far is the Madstad. Like the looks or not, if you want calm airflow with no buffeting on your helmet and a significant decrease in ambient noise, enough you can actually hear the NC!!!! It works.

I ran a National Cycle Deflector DX for a couple thousand miles before I changed to a Tall CalSci. It worked good, just not as good as the CalSci.Did get a small amount of bar shake passing large vehicles on the highway on windy days but was very manageable The biggest plus was you could basicly mount it in a infininate of angles and positions and it removed with the two knobs in seconds. I still use one on my off pavement bike to get to the bush and then slide it in my pack.
I agree the Wind Deflector is very adjustable. I mounted mine with the "L" arms reversed so the bottom edge is 4 or 5 inches lower than yours and 6 to 12 inches (hard to see in pics) further forward. Yours was mounted behind the stock screen which is still in place. Mine is in front of where the stock screen was and I made a stubby shield to protect the back of the instrument pod and allow some air to come in under the bottom of the Deflector and smooth the airflow up the back side of the windshield. At first I had it at approximately the same angle upright as the stock shield and gradually added rake until the turbulence and noise off the top of the Deflector was gone. This puts the top edge about 1 inch above the top edge of the mirror.

Puig appears to getting alot of praise. However, I don't seem to be able to find anyone in Canada or USA how actually has the either Puig Touring screen with multiregulable visor or the Puig touring screen for Honda NC 700X 2012 for sale. I have found a couple of European websites that sell it, but only one ships to Canada, and they only have the visor version in light tint (I prefer clear). Any aware of anyone who carries this specific model in US/Canada. I am getting my new NC700X shortly. I like to keep the wind off my body, but past experience with windshileds on other bikes has resulted in a fair amount of chop/turbulence to my helment, which the visor may look like it could correct. Does anyone have any experience with the Puig Touring screen with multiregulable visor? I am aware of the wonderlich wind deflector product, but the Puig product appears to be less intrusive sight line wise that wonderlich. Thanks for any input in advance.

Correction, i have located the Puig touring windscreen at www.aviciouscycle.ca which also carries the madstat and givi touring screen, along with a couple of mra touring sceens. Still no luck on the puig touring screen with the visor.

Last edited:
Back