• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Best Aftermarket Windscreen (Links to each for comparison)

Which Aftermarket Windscreen is best for the NC700x

• Total voters
I have been doing my substantial commute with the MRA and while it isn't exactly crystal smooth it is much better than stock. I am happy with my decision and so be it. The skidmarx hugger is probably the next big investment.

I just wish I could find a windshield the protects me as good as the CalSci Touring does, because it is a very good shield to ride behind. I have no complaints about how the CalSci Touring preforms. I know the nice man at CalSci will more than likely exchange it again, but do I want to go thought the process and send another $40.? Has anyone used the Puig? It to looks well made. However in checking with Tucker the touring model is back ordered until 06/20/2013. How is the wind protection behind the touring Puig shield and does it have any surprises. How tall is the Puig touring when compared with the CalSci Touring.

Also, the Madstad cost is about $100 more than the rest. On the Madstad windshields I have seen on this site, they look not as wide as the CalSci or the Puig. How tall are the Madstad fully extended. Has anyone put a couple of thousand miles behind this windshield yet. Any surprises.?

At times we all over analyze, what I care about is a windshield that gets the job done.

As dduelin put it, there may be a windshield what works better than a National Cycle Wind Deflector DX handlebar mounted windshield, but why put yourself thru the a agony to find out. National has been around since 1939, making some of the best handle bar windshields in the world.

I just wish I could find a windshield the protects me as good as the CalSci Touring does, because it is a very good shield to ride behind. I have no complaints about how the CalSci Touring preforms. I know the nice man at CalSci will more than likely exchange it again, but do I want to go thought the process and send another $40.? Has anyone used the Puig? It to looks well made. However in checking with Tucker the touring model is back ordered until 06/20/2013. How is the wind protection behind the touring Puig shield and does it have any surprises. How tall is the Puig touring when compared with the CalSci Touring.

Also, the Madstad cost is about $100 more than the rest. On the Madstad windshields I have seen on this site, they look not as wide as the CalSci or the Puig. How tall are the Madstad fully extended. Has anyone put a couple of thousand miles behind this windshield yet. Any surprises.?

At times we all over analyze, what I care about is a windshield that gets the job done.

As dduelin put it, there may be a windshield what works better than a National Cycle Wind Deflector DX handlebar mounted windshield, but why put yourself thru the a agony to find out. National has been around since 1939, making some of the best handle bar windshields in the world.

I wish I had put National in the poll. I didn't at the time I posted because I couldn't find a windshield listed specifically for the NCX. I realize now (thanks to some posters) that their windscreens are Universal fit.

I am pretty sure National would be in the top 3 in the poll if it was a choice. I just don't know exactly where in the top 3.

You asked some great questions about the Puig and Madstad windscreens. I am very interested in hearing the replies you get.
I am happy with my Honda Touring screen only because I added the wunderlich wind deflector, and now the wind goes to the top of my helmet (I have it adjusted to hit the top vents on my helmet specifically. I really like this setup for summer riding as I still can get some air on my arms and I need all the cooling I can get in the summer!

I had planned on guying a CalSci for the colder months riding, but after seeing so many crack I am thinking I don't want to spend that kind of money on it if it might crack. I don't know of another windscreen that offers that much wind protection, but I haven't tried the Madstad or the Puig.

I contacted National Cycle a couple of weeks ago and they are working on a V-Stream for the NC. Should be done soon, another one to add to the list.

Our VStream Windscreens are now done. They will be available in three sizes. As soon as I can clean the bike, I'll be shooting it in our photo studio with all three sizes to post on our web site.

Part numbers and pricing will be determined within a few days.

Keep an eye on our web site for details, or e-mail us if you want to be notified.

SigLogo_NC.jpg

Last edited:
No prices yet, but this shows what they look like (click on thumbnail image at top left for larger image).

National Cycle: Products: My Order

Try on on for size and tell us what you think. Everyone around here likes the tall N20009. I haven't had a chance to ride it yet, but I'm 6 ft., so I'll stick with the tall one.

View attachment 5236

Thanks for updating us on the new windscreens, when do you think you will have prices and when will they be available?

PM me if you want to test ride my Madstad. We can easily transfer it to your bike or you can ride my DCT -- I'm good with either scenario.

Sometimes we over analyze, but sometimes we under analyze; either case leads to frustration. I dreaded buying an after market windshield because the opinions were all over the map for all the models I researched until I hit on the Madstad: ugly, but functional. I've had absolutely no regrets in buying it and paying the premium price. Wish I could say that about everything I buy. :D The one sure advantage I see of Madstad over National Cycle is adjustability, but I'm not sure if it counts for much.

Looking forward to seeing the reviews (and prices) of the National Cycle products.

PM me if you want to test ride my Madstad. We can easily transfer it to your bike or you can ride my DCT -- I'm good with either scenario.

Sometimes we over analyze, but sometimes we under analyze; either case leads to frustration. I dreaded buying an after market windshield because the opinions were all over the map for all the models I researched until I hit on the Madstad: ugly, but functional. I've had absolutely no regrets in buying it and paying the premium price. Wish I could say that about everything I buy. :D The one sure advantage I see of Madstad over National Cycle is adjustability, but I'm not sure if it counts for much.
Looking forward to seeing the reviews (and prices) of the National Cycle products.

If you like the Madstad, you would probably like the Palmer Products screen mount. It allows tilt and height adjustment, cost less than $100.00 and uses any windscreen that mounts in the stock mounting holes. It also is less cumbersome and fiddley! Many benefits over the Madstad.
(I was any early buyer of the original Madstad Mount for the 2004+ Suzuki V-Stroms. It was also less complicated, and better looking, than the current Madstad. And less expensive.):)

If you like the Madstad, you would probably like the Palmer Products screen mount. It allows tilt and height adjustment, cost less than $100.00 and uses any windscreen that mounts in the stock mounting holes. It also is less cumbersome and fiddley! Many benefits over the Madstad.
(I was any early buyer of the original Madstad Mount for the 2004+ Suzuki V-Stroms. It was also less complicated, and better looking, than the current Madstad. And less expensive.):)

Yeah, I looked at the Palmer Products web site yesterday and it looks pretty similar to the Madstad so far as adjustibility, but it doesn't utilize a mounting plate to direct the airflow up the inside of the windshield like the Madstad. The large CalSci with the big vent hole in the bottom of the windshield doesn't seem to work very well (from what I've read on this forum), so it might be more than just a reduction of the low pressure behind the windshield that smooths out the air turbulence in the cockpit. That said, I'd also like to read some more opinions on the Palmer Products solution. I'm for anything that works!

Last edited:
Here's what I've settled on. Madstad brackets from a DL650 V-Strom with a Madstad 22" Can-Am Spyder light tint windshield. I don't see how I could get it any better. With ear plugs and my new AFX DS-39 Dual Sport helmet it is absolutely quiet and no wind buffeting. I may try the slim 20" in the same style to see it I can cut down on the frontal area. Funny thing, I bought the windshield on eBay advertised as a Madstad replacement. Came from Cee Bailey?? Must they have worked out a deal between them.

madstad.jpg

I just got an email from National Cycle Sales that the N20009 Windscreen & Hardware for the NC700X is in full production and will be ready for shipping in 2 weeks. Price of the shield, mounting bracket and hardware will be $267.95. I like the looks of the National Vstream shield, but I have no idea how well it will work or how it compares to the similarly priced MadStad.

I just got an email from National Cycle Sales that the N20009 Windscreen & Hardware for the NC700X is in full production and will be ready for shipping in 2 weeks. Price of the shield, mounting bracket and hardware will be $267.95. I like the looks of the National Vstream shield, but I have no idea how well it will work or how it compares to the similarly priced MadStad.

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to some reviews on this windscreen

smiley.jpg

Madstad brackets from a DL650 V-Strom

Can you elaborate on how well this worked out as far as bolt on, versus modifying to suit?

I want some kind of adjustable fore/aft/up/down bracketry, but am unsure about the MadStad NCX version with the big base plate. I will more than likely be making my own base that the brackets attach to, so I don't really need or want the type that is made for the NCX.

The DL650 ones look a little more "bare bones", and not encumbered by a big base, which is what I would prefer.

I've looked into the Palmer Products bracket set up, (a UK based company) but the price is a little too steep for my blood, and there are no pictures of it from the front, or close up.

You have to bend the plates to match the angles of the NC mounting and chosen windshield curve. I got the windshield undrilled and drilled it to match the holes in the mount. I used rubber grommets and steel sleeves I had to mount the shield. The Madstad bolts on with bolts and locking nuts. I found grommets and spacers like the ones I used at AutoZone, windshield wiper motor mounts. Honda dirt bike fender mounts also work. It is the same method used to mount the Honda touring screen.

Madstad still sells the original DL650 brackets.

bare2.jpg

You have to bend the plates to match the angles of the NC mounting and chosen windshield curve. I got the windshield undrilled and drilled it to match the holes in the mount. I used rubber grommets and steel sleeves I had to mount the shield. The Madstad bolts on with bolts and locking nuts. I found grommets and spacers like the ones I used at AutoZone, windshield wiper motor mounts. Honda dirt bike fender mounts also work. It is the same method used to mount the Honda touring screen.

Madstad still sells the original DL650 brackets.

View attachment 6147

Awesome, thank you for the quick reply :)

**EDIT**

Nevermind, holy cow my monitor at work sucks, lol! I'm home and can clearly make out the bolt holes in the brackets, thanks! :D

So the bolt holes matched up between the brackets and the NCX's mounts just like that, or did they require a little ovaling? (which would be fine with me)

Excuse the question is case it shows clearly in the picture. My work monitor is so bad I can't make out too much detail unless a picture is oversaturated :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Got this update from National Cycle on their new windscreens

The shield are in production and will be ready for sale in about 2-3 weeks.

N20007 Sport Screen in dark tint 15.0" tall and 13.0" wide $217.95

NCVstreamSport.jpg

N20008 Sport/Tour Screen is light tint. 18.50" tall and 14.37" wide $250.95

NCVstreamSporttour.jpg

N20009 Touring Screen is clear. 22.0" tall and 16.0" wide $267.95.

NCVsteamTour.jpg

All of the shield will come with a new support bracket and hardware needed to install the shield. The shields are made with 4.5mm thick FMR hard coated Polycarbonate. The shields come with our 3 Year Unbreakable Warranty.

Back