• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Back after 25 years....

Well guys I bought it (black 2014 DCT version)
Ordered a C3 pro helmet in large and we'll see if it will fit
Ha! Great minds think alike :)
Picked up my black 2014 DCT about eight days ago. Picked up my C3 Pro this past Saturday. Got the hi-vis yellowish/green that you can see miles away. Mine is a medium and fits fine. I also have C3 (not a Pro) in a Large and it also fits. The shells are the same size so you should be good to go. Congrats on the new ride. I'm convinced the NC700 engine was designed specifically for the DCT and not the manual since they work so well together. I absolutely love the combination. Can't wait till they redesign the GL1800 w/DCT....I'll be first in line ;-)

I bought the high vis as well. I also think the DCT goes perfectly with the engine, keeps revs low, no issues with rev limiter and high mileage.

So I'm picking up my NC700x tomorrow. Anything special I should be checking on or verifying before I ride off. To be honest I'm a little embarrassed to gear up with all new gear (bought jacket/pants for protection as well as gloves and of course helmet) and look like a total newb riding out. I know it's pride, but for whatever reason I would say 90% of people around here ride only with tshirts and jeans on (and the other 10% are leathers), so coming in with tour style riding gear will make me look like a sore thumb.

Test out the mirrors, rear brake and gear shifter. All of those can be adjusted to fit you.
It had been 20+ years since I had been on a bike so I spent 15mins or so just riding around the parking lot (stopping, starting, turning) to get a feel for being back on a bike before I left the dealership.
Mostly tshirts and leather chaps around here. You get used to being among the few that are ATGATT.

I bought the high vis as well. I also think the DCT goes perfectly with the engine, keeps revs low, no issues with rev limiter and high mileage.

I got a hi-vis helmet too, however mine is an arai xd4. Friends say they see me far away (which is good) and also my led lights (they tell me there bright).

Ken

To be honest I'm a little embarrassed to gear up with all new gear (bought jacket/pants for protection as well as gloves and of course helmet) and look like a total newb riding out. I know it's pride, but for whatever reason I would say 90% of people around here ride only with tshirts and jeans on (and the other 10% are leathers), so coming in with tour style riding gear will make me look like a sore thumb.
Beats loosing your tattoos to road rash.

Like you, it had been 25+ years since I was on a motorcycle, and there I was in the parking lot, watching the salesman hand me the keys!!
I took a few practice runs around the parking lot then went out on the highway.

Things to adjust .... For me, the chain was too tight. You can't really adjust it in the parking lot at the dealer, but I'd get to that soon after.

Get used to being asked, "aren't you hot in that gear?". My answer; of course, but if I go down, I'd rather be sweating than bleeding. :)

The best rejoinder to that question that I've heard is, "Do you really think I'm hot?.", with a small wink given maybe. If they were cute and a MOTAS then maybe asking for their number.

Back