• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Average Fuel Economy

I have been using Road Trip LE on my phone since the beginning. 3509 miles, 59.2 gal, average 63.45mpg. Around town I get 58 - 62mpg, in canyons and fwy, 65 - 75mpg.

Cold weather plus fast speeds dropped my mileage this tank. nc700x fill up031113 001.jpg
nc700x fill up031113 006.jpg

This is what my bike was covered in when I got of work.

This is very hard water!

I'm getting brilliant mpg the buggers going no where ,its frigging snowing again
pulling_your_hair_out-875.gif

and if I did have hair I'd be pulling them
phew-941.gif

Initial tank, varying rpms and gears widely during the break-in period, 68.3 mpg. Not too shabby.

I couldn't locate a thread dedicated to overall average efficiency and I apologize if one has already started and this is redundant. (nyuk nyuk) After realizing just how efficient this machine is, I registered on fuelly.com to keep track of fuel cost, mpg, etc.

With exactly 1002 miles on the odometer and according to all mileage and gallons I've entered on the fuelly site, average efficiency is 67.9 mpg. My best tank achieved 70.5 mpg.

My opinion is this. Honda has designed a true motorcycle that's practical, handles extremely well, is fun to ride, easy to maintain and delivers the fuel sipping efficiency of a scooter. :cool:

My average is currently 73+ (US) mpg, according to the Road Trip app on my phone. I'm closing in on 8000 miles. This week won't do any good though, since I've currently got my seat in for retreading, and so can't ride the Honda. More on that when I get the seat back, probably in one of the seat threads.

Maybe I'll pull the cover off my Suzuki and run that around...

In 8000 miles I have yet to achieve 70 mpg on any tank of fuel in what is for me normal driving, which includes some traffic. I did slightly exceed 70 on one trip when the whole tank was burned on the interstate cruising at 75 or so. Much faster than that and mileage falls off quickly, as one would expect. Mileage seems to be pretty consistent at almost 70mpg regardless of whether I use the low shift points recommended in the manual or if I shift at higher speeds, as long as I don't have too much slow traffic. Mileage seems to suffer more than other bikes when you have to go slowly though. When I ride a lot in stop and go traffic the mileage seems to suffer much more than other motorcycles (but those machines were only getting 30-40mpg to start with, and the NC still beats that easily under any conditions I have seen).

I just filled up yesterday... 2.8 gallons with 218 miles on the trip meter ---> 77.9 mpg! My previous ride used to get about 35 mpg...

My MPG has been pretty consistent, falling between 65 (cold and rainy in the PNW winter) to 75 (pleasant summer days). For the first time this year, I got over the 70MPG hump this past week.

One of my big surprises (and it shouldn't be) is that the number of cold starts on a tank dramaticly effects the mpg by 5 - 8 mpg

By cold starts do you mean just starting the bike and driving right away or just the number of times you start the bike?

First two fill ups on the bike with riding in a bit of stop and go and two/four lane country roads and I'm getting the on the sticker 64 mpg.

I have a lots of starts on those tanks of fuel as well since I ride back and forth to work and running errands on the bike as well. I would buy the 70+ mpg if I just started it once and rode at ~60-65 mph for the tank.

Two tanks. 89.9 first all city driving. 68 on the second mix of fast highway and rural roads. Averaged out to 79.9 overall US gallons. I can't help but think the first tank is an error.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it possible to fill more gas if I use the centerstand? I can only manage to fill ~2.5 US gallons when the red bar starts blinking. I am getting 190 to 200 miles for each fill up. Somewhere between 75mpg to 80mpg.

Is it possible to fill more gas if I use the centerstand? I can only manage to fill ~2.5 US gallons when the red bar starts blinking. I am getting 190 to 200 miles for each fill up. Somewhere between 75mpg to 80mpg.

That's odd. I regularly fill up 2.9 or 3.0 gallons and that is 10 miles or so after the light starts flashing. I always fill up while on the side stand. What do you use as the place to stop adding fuel? Most of us use the little hole in that backsplash tab (my words).

Back